New GM Traits from Ready Up

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Deadly Arts: Revealed Training – Gain up to 200 extra power when you are revealed, based on your level

Critical Strikes : Invigorating Precision – You are healed for a % of the strike damage dealt. The current rate is 5%. Does not work on ambient creatures.

Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage. Does not work against condition damage.

Acrobatics: Assassin’s Equilibrium – Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed. This is a high skill cap trait as you need to use it when you see a stun/daze coming and attack first to reveal yourself and gain the stability.

Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

Impossible…all kittenty traits

R.I.P. thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I will just copy paste my initial reaction (man, good I shelved my thief december):

Hahahahahahaha, I don’t know what they have smoked while thinking to make these traits, but I’d like one of these.

Here we go – No1 – Well ok, it’s good, no complaints here.
– No2 – Even if it’s 5% on any attack, it will still be subpar compared to Executioner. If it’s crits only…. just lol.
– No3 – Ok, depends how it works.
– No4???? – 1s stability when you get revealed? Oh boy. Also… 30 points in Acro… which thief uses stealth WITH 30 in Acro?
– No5 – sounds great on theory for perplex condi thieves(and condi thieves overall)… then you realise you have to drop sleight of hand for it.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Three of them are legit solid. One is situational. One is kind of a troll.

in Thief

Posted by: Rassase.7943

Rassase.7943

all i can say it could be worse, kind of like that SA trait, but who will run all those if you need to sacrifice other GM traits, so :

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

Deadly Arts: Revealed Training – Gain up to 200 extra power when you are revealed, based on your level
So…i should invest 30 point to gain 200 power for 4 sec when i’m revealed….no one will do it! There are better ways to use that points!
Critical Strikes : Invigorating Precision – You are healed for a % of the strike damage dealt. The current rate is 5%. Does not work on ambient creatures.
Maybe should be useless for wvw, but not sure.
Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage. Does not work against condition damage.
Seriously? half damage when i’m stealthed? Very useless for solo play and team play
Acrobatics: Assassin’s Equilibrium – Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed. This is a high skill cap trait as you need to use it when you see a stun/daze coming and attack first to reveal yourself and gain the stability.
This….this is THE BEST, so when i see an upcoming stun attack i have to use CnD and then hit the target, maybe while my enemy take a couple of tea.
1 second for GM trait, you are a genius! (maybe also a champion genius like someone!)
Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.
It should be okay…maybe….

R.I.P. thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’ll use the DA trait on my thief for PvE, but I probably won’t use the rest anywhere for any reason.

I’ll also probably not even use the DA trait much in PvE since I almost never bring my thief into dungeons anymore. There’s almost no reason to ever take him over my guardian outside of for my own amusement.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

The DA one sounds like it’d be great following a Backstab. 200 power plus the 300 from the investment isn’t something to sneeze at.
The CS one I’ll experiment with as with the SA.
Acro one I’m trying to figure out how to make the most of.
Trick one sounds good on condi builds.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I hope they still fixed Last Refuge because I’ll be kittened otherwise.

The rest of the traits are…so so. The Shadow Arts one sounds rather powerful, but Shadow Rejuvenation is tough competition.

What bothers me more is that we still don’t have better Condition removal outside of stealth and frankly, it seems like we’ll be seeing even more condition spam than currently.

in Thief

Posted by: Jealle.1926

Jealle.1926

didnt they say there were great changes coming for the thief back in januarys live stream.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Bewildering Ambush makes me think Perplexity runes are going to be nerfed hard , and the devs didn’t want to totally destroy some perplexity builds.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This is dumb. Since they’ll lock GM traits until level 80, why is it “based on your level”? O.o?

Nevertheless, this will get an early nerf. I can already imagine the QQ from Pistol Whips from stealth. >.<’

Is this right? It’s no longer requiring a “critical” hit? I think this is a typo.

lol. Safer in stealth at last. I like this better than Shadow’s Rejuvenation.

Am I the only one feeling the love here?

Let the haters hate even more.

This is not a high skill cap trait. This is what we’re looking for against stun-lock warriors who’s willing to take the backstab so they can chain lock us.

In addition, being pushed out of SR wouldn’t be too bad. However 1s is too short, 2s would be just right.

Now this is my favorite of all!!!

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

This is not a high skill cap trait. This is what we’re looking for against stun-lock warriors who’s willing to take the backstab so they can chain lock us.

In addition, being pushed out of SR wouldn’t be too bad. However 1s is too short, 2s would be just right.

I won’t argue about the others. But about this one… Let me express myself like that:

I guess you are right, as we all know, almost every BS thief runs 30 in Acrobatics and 0 Shadow Arts. And since 99% of the enemies we face are pro stunlock warriors, who just wait with a twitch finger ready to react in 0.1s, so their 1/2s/3/4s cast time stun skills can be countered by our stability, it’s perfectly logical to take this trait. Also, 1s stability when you get pushed/pulled out of SR will totally save you, not fast reactions and luck, I see that now, thank you for enlightening me, oh wise one.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well ok then. :/

Now if only you could stack stability by spamming dagger 5. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I won’t argue about the others. But about this one… Let me express myself like that:

I guess you are right, as we all know, almost every BS thief runs 30 in Acrobatics and 0 Shadow Arts.

Err, what are you talking about? 30Acro is more favorable than 30SA to a backstab build. Only trolls goes 30SA because with that much points into SA, you’re damage output suffers.

Whoop-di-doo, you lived because you can stealth for so long, but your target is still alive. doh!

And since 99% of the enemies we face are pro stunlock warriors, who just wait with a twitch finger ready to react in 0.1s, so their 1/2s/3/4s cast time stun skills can be countered by our stability, it’s perfectly logical to take this trait.

With 30 Acro, you can take other traits, but once you faced a stun-lock warrior, you can easily switch your GM trait to this. You don’t have to keep this trait at all times, only when needed.

I bet you didn’t know you can do that.

Also, 1s stability when you get pushed/pulled out of SR will totally save you, not fast reactions and luck, I see that now, thank you for enlightening me, oh wise one.

When you get knocked out of SR, often times you are stunned even before you get up. This trait saves you from that so you can dodge away.

Stop trying to be a smart-donkey only to fail miserably.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

Acrobatics: Assassin’s Equilibrium – Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed.

to bad we have no reliable condition removal in the acrobatic trait line

(edited by caveman.5840)

in Thief

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

They try to pass it off as an interesting decision, but we already have this….
What thief is going to be interested in confusion but doesn’t want to run perplexity runes? Stealing with perplexity runes and sleight of hand already gives 5 stacks of confusion. And sleight of hand reduces the cooldown on steal as well… Maybe a condition thief in sPvP might want this where perplexity runes don’t exist, but it kinda sounded like they might be adding them to spvp.

in Thief

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Err, what are you talking about? 30Acro is more favorable than 30SA to a backstab build. Only trolls goes 30SA because with that much points into SA, you’re damage output suffers.

Wait, what? Are telling me that putting 30 in SA hurts my damage output, but putting 30 in Acro doesn’t? What game are you playing?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Heh, can you imagine having 200 power for 30s only because you triggered an anti-stealth trap?

lol, the tears of the QQ are sweet. This is so going to get nerfed.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Wait, what? Are telling me that putting 30 in SA hurts my damage output, but putting 30 in Acro doesn’t? What game are you playing?

Please first explain how 30 in Acro hurts your damage output, as oppose to improving it, and I’ll explain how 30 in SA does hurt your damage output.

Fair enough?

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

So…i should invest 30 point to gain 200 power for 4 sec when i’m revealed….no one will do it! There are better ways to use that points!
Maybe should be useless for wvw, but not sure.
Seriously? half damage when i’m stealthed? Very useless for solo play and team play
This….this is THE BEST, so when i see an upcoming stun attack i have to use CnD and then hit the target, maybe while my enemy take a couple of tea.
1 second for GM trait, you are a genius! (maybe also a champion genius like someone!)
It should be okay…maybe….

Give it about 2 days after the update, and there will be complaint threads about these traits, because you know it thieves.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Resilience of Shadows is like Shadow Rejuvenation for baddies; if you are getting trucked while in stealth you are doing it wrong. At least it’s a choice.

Revealed Training is an automatic inclusion for dungeon speed runs (moar damages), but I doubt it will see much use outside of that. Deadly Arts is still kind of trash and this doesn’t change that.

in Thief

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

This is dumb. Since they’ll lock GM traits until level 80, why is it “based on your level”? O.o?lol.

It ’ s not dumb, it ’ s based on your level because of level scaling. So if your character is level 80 but you are in a lower level area you won t get 200 extra power.

in Thief

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Heh, can you imagine having 200 power for 30s only because you triggered an anti-stealth trap?

lol, the tears of the QQ are sweet. This is so going to get nerfed.

I didn’t even think about that. LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

wow. we got 1 useable skills.

50% less dmg in stealth is nice…. atleast its 100% of the time or it’d be garbage too.

gotta say overall theif got the worst traits.

guardian gets 33% more dmg on burn (highest dmgin condi in game already)
3000 hp extra too!

pfft…thief. pfft.

in Thief

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

didnt they say there were great changes coming for the thief back in januarys live stream.

Yeah…kind of wondering what happened with that. Feels like Thieves are getting the shaft when it comes to class changes.

This is okay I guess.

I really want to like this trait, but in a line competing with Executioner, I simply don’t see taking it. Maybe if you’re trying for a super tanky thief, but we don’t get much health to do that.

This is okay, but I really only see it being good when you’re trying to hide within Shadow Refuge. Since it’s only when in stealth, the uptime isn’t very good.

This is a stupid trait. 1s of stability is nothing, and this only works on reveals. So you basically have to reveal yourself to get a benefit which is generally a bad idea. This would have been much nicer if it was 1s of stability after dodging…

The only one I really care about. I might be able to make a pretty crazy stealing build. That said, you’re giving up the stun and the faster recharge on steal by taking this.

I was really hoping that they’d announce us getting rifles…

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Is there a full list of new traits and changes to existing traits? Because I could only find one new GM trait per class.

Link please!

in Thief

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Is there a full list of new traits and changes to existing traits? Because I could only find one new GM trait per class.

Link please!

Nothing mentioned for thieves for changes to other traits.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

At most, I look forward to unlocking (note: UNLOCKING) the DA and SA GM traits, only because I’d toy with them in 2 builds I like; but neither would have a permanent spot in any builds I use considering the other GM traits. Otherwise, 0 [thats a zero] interest in the others.

The traits for the other classes have synergy with their line, and builds that are shared with that line. I really dont see any synergy with any of these proposed traits. Even the steal condition build. Am I going to give up 20% recharge & a daze for… 5 stacks of confusion? How bout 5 stacks of torment or something useful.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

umm is the 5 stacks of confusion trait a grandmaster too? if so its dumb.

in Thief

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

50% less dmg in stealth is nice…. atleast its 100% of the time or it’d be garbage too.

3000 hp extra too!

pfft…thief. pfft.

The best part is how you picked the two very worst guardian traits to complain about. Guardians by FAR got the worst traits, at least they were in a pretty good spot already. Second worst are Rangers. The DA trait is pretty kitten good, the complaints about backstab + heartseeker spam with 400 more power (since most people never went more than 10 into DA before) are going to be incredible. The 50% less damage in stealth also includes other people, that is pretty decent really, although it is mostly a “rez people without getting mowed down like wheat the second you lay down shadow refuge” trait. The rest are meh, the critical strikes heal will get used in farming situations and possibly zerging in wvwvw, i would have loved it during the LA events actually. But those things are not very exciting so even though it is a very useful trait for certain situations people are kittening about it. The confusion trait is great for anyone using a perplexity build. Can’t get excited at all about the acrobatics 1s stability, just meh.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

3000 hp extra too!

pfft…thief. pfft.

The best part is how you picked the two very worst guardian traits to complain about. Guardians by FAR got the worst traits, at least they were in a pretty good spot already. Second worst are Rangers. The DA trait is pretty kitten good, the complaints about backstab + heartseeker spam with 400 more power (since most people never went more than 10 into DA before) are going to be incredible. The 50% less damage in stealth also includes other people, that is pretty decent really, although it is mostly a “rez people without getting mowed down like wheat the second you lay down shadow refuge” trait. The rest are meh, the critical strikes heal will get used in farming situations and possibly zerging in wvwvw, i would have loved it during the LA events actually. But those things are not very exciting so even though it is a very useful trait for certain situations people are kittening about it. The confusion trait is great for anyone using a perplexity build. Can’t get excited at all about the acrobatics 1s stability, just meh.

you dont play thief obviously. ok let me clear somet hings up for ya. if u ever see aHUGE backstab…they are running 25 30 0 0 15. now….even with the 200 extra power…. nobody is going to run 30 points in DA… its not worth it. watch. the power is going to be nice and make you wanna be more aggressive but its only going to help heartseeker and thats it… not worth losing utility of 30 points in trickery or SA for a lil bit better finisher.

next is …WTF ARE YOU KIDDING? 33% more dmg to the highest dmging condi in game and its likenear perma on guard builds? yeah ok… then theres the 3000 extra HP on the hardest class to kill in the game. plus 10% less dmg across the board which makes thieves not even be able to kill a good guardian. GOOD guardian.

imagine this…. 10 of your choice class or classes against 10 guards. guards run burn on aegis… judgements hallowed grounds…burn on crits etc etc…aoe heals aoe stability aoe aegis aoe burn aoe blinds and knockdowns/dmg and all the time with 3k extra HP. the 10 guards would whup dat butt man. thats crazy op. can anyone say precision/tough and condition dmg/healing …ooooweee!

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

“these are not the droids you are looking for, move along”

in Thief

Tremain.4623

3000 hp extra too!

pfft…thief. pfft.

you dont play thief obviously. ok let me clear somet hings up for ya. if u ever see aHUGE backstab…they are running 25 30 0 0 15. now….even with the 200 extra power…. nobody is going to run 30 points in DA… its not worth it. watch. the power is going to be nice and make you wanna be more aggressive but its only going to help heartseeker and thats it… not worth losing utility of 30 points in trickery or SA for a lil bit better finisher.

next is …WTF ARE YOU KIDDING? 33% more dmg to the highest dmging condi in game and its likenear perma on guard builds? yeah ok… then theres the 3000 extra HP on the hardest class to kill in the game. plus 10% less dmg across the board which makes thieves not even be able to kill a good guardian. GOOD guardian.

imagine this…. 10 of your choice class or classes against 10 guards. guards run burn on aegis… judgements hallowed grounds…burn on crits etc etc…aoe heals aoe stability aoe aegis aoe burn aoe blinds and knockdowns/dmg and all the time with 3k extra HP. the 10 guards would whup dat butt man. thats crazy op. can anyone say precision/tough and condition dmg/healing …ooooweee!

Ten guardians = one burn, thats why that trait (and guardian burn) is completely useless. You cannot make condition builds when one class only has one single easily overwritten condition, that’s why they turned retaliation into condition based damage on another of their GM traits. Claiming any kind of burn guardian build is viable just shows how little you understand about this game, anyone who has ever played a guardian is laughing at you like a thief would if a guardian was claiming last refuge was awesome.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

For once, for the most part..as a thief…I am happy

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Travlane.5948

3000 hp extra too!

pfft…thief. pfft.

Ten guardians = one burn, thats why that trait (and guardian burn) is completely useless. You cannot make condition builds when one class only has one single easily overwritten condition, that’s why they turned retaliation into condition based damage on another of their GM traits. Claiming any kind of burn guardian build is viable just shows how little you understand about this game, anyone who has ever played a guardian is laughing at you like a thief would if a guardian was claiming last refuge was awesome.

there are alot of burn guardians right now…and theyare prettty good. a bunker guard doesnt HAVE to run a full defensive set of gearor trinket….it can be in their boons and traits that do their defense likethief. now idk how u cant add but 10 guards = 1 burn just isnt true. 1 stack? yes….0% duration increae? no! 2 burns = twice as long duration. DUH lol! 1 guard’s burn can be removed. even a couple in a row. but not getting aoe burns every 2 seconds….. plus they increase duration by stacking. so

in Thief

Travlane.5948

really? why? thief is getting a HUGE blow and no useable traits.

well the power one MIGHT be used but will mostly offset (MAYBE… havent done math yet but wont be more dmg) the damage loss from zerkers which is morethan 10% according to several other people’s math on other threads.

in Thief

Tremain.4623

And then your awesome burn gets overwritten by any of the multitude of classes with burn on crit traits, congrats. There is no such thing as a good burn guardian build, arguing otherwise is just making you foolish.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

wait wait wait….overwritten? yeah bc a guardian cant reapply burn every couple secs.
and even so it doesnt overwrite. if it maxes out after 3 hits it doesnt add time or any dmg.

If Player A(1000 condition dmg) applies a 10s burn and Player B(500 condition dmg) applies a 10s burn immediately after…. what happens is the 10s burn from Player A burns with 1000 condition damage and after that first 10secs expires…Player B’s burn begins (using his 1000 condition damage).

just like immob after 3 applications it caps and have to wait to reapply.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Holy kitten…..

They actually made took my idea and gave bonuses to reveal.

LMAO! Resilience of Shadows is a big middle finger to the people who keep complaining about the thief profession. Now every thief and their guild is going to be running it, even the part of the thief community that refuses to use stealth.

giddy all over the place

I 10% forgive you anet. Keep it up!

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

30/0/10/0/30 S/D SB PVT will be the new thing in spvp, ignoring crit alltogether, AA chain will hit like a truck and will be supported by the rune changes and the sigil chances from on crit to on hit.

0/0/30/10/30 D/P SB with mixed gear val zerk PVT will be the new wvw roaming build, this will be awesome you will never die.

The acro gm trait will be very interesting with lyssa runes due to the increased boon duration from runes and the trait line.

The other 2 traits pale compared to what you can already get, the crit one is totally misplaced, 250 or so healing on a 5k crit will offer next to no sustain you would need to do 5 of those hits to heal 1 warrior greatsword auto attack or 2 of those hits to heal 1 tick of burning from a guardian, a pointless trait. Slight of hand is the single best trait thieves have nobody will drop that for some confusion stacks, confusion does neglectable damage anyway.

So 3 good traits is what we get, dependant on what they will do with the lower tier traits, those might be interesting.
Imagine they would make Improvisation reset atleast 1 utility that is on recharge….

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

really? why? thief is getting a HUGE blow and no useable traits.

well the power one MIGHT be used but will mostly offset (MAYBE… havent done math yet but wont be more dmg) the damage loss from zerkers which is morethan 10% according to several other people’s math on other threads.

Well for one of my thoughts since I dont feel like typing too much tonight, Trickey is our condi dmg tree. So if we went with confusion instead of dazing on SD builds, and our condi dmg is already decent thx to trickery, we will literally discourage ppl from attacking us

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

1) 200 extra power => Can be a good trait, maybe competitive with other GM traits if duration is not 2 seconds…

2) 5% heal… => It could be in adept line… Anyone with a brain can agree that this trait is horrible…

3) No one will use it… I would say it cant compete with shadow rejuvenation… Could be a Master trait, but not a GrandMaster. If I want to take less dmg, I just stealth or shadowstep and take NO DMG at all…

4) Stability => Good trait, since all GM traits from Acrobatics sucks, maybe this one will be less stupid… Good to stomp someone, or to backstab and avoid been stuned or whatever… stability is always good…

5) Useless… can be put on adept line also, and I still doubt someone is gonna use it…

Conclusion:

MAYBE we have 2 good traits out of 5… Lets see…

(edited by fodem.2713)

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

^the 50% damage reduction affects your team aswell, Shadow Refuge ressing, super AoE protection with Blinding Powder basically reducing crit burst on your whole team etc. this trait will be game changing.

Hammer train on your team? Guardian protection and shadow refuge on top, stand there invisible and /laugh. Think about it.

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

A condition build using the new Runes of Balthazar, the new 5 stacks of confusion trait in the trickery line with p/d has me intrigued.

Get 6 seconds of burning AOE on heal (Maxing duration obviously) , 5 stacks of confusion on steal, your bleeds and torment and it could be nasty. You still have poison/weakness and the like as cover conditions.

Reworked sigils can not be overlooked. Remove a condition on attack 60 percent of the time? Not sure of the cool down but might one get enough condition remove with that sigil along with the shadow step? Throw in that remove condition on heal food with withdraw when it gets bad and the acrobatics line with nothing in stealth is not all that bad.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

3000 hp extra too!

pfft…thief. pfft.

This forum almost always tend to say their class get the worst thing zzz.

Btw you’re jealous about Guardian, a class which has the least condition damage option. having 33% increase in “burning damage”? (roughly 300 -> 400)
You NEVER play Guardian do you?

Go to guardian forum and you’ll see them complain about 3k hp too.
All they do is complain, they never use their brain once to think of some synergy, that’s why official staffs usually don’t take most of the forum’s post seriously. All they want is God Mode trait like maybe “increase your damage by 100%” so they can kill everyone without using any skill and be happy about it.

Also you should at least figure out you got 3 solid choices right there that could be potentially useful for some builds, instead of outright saying it’s outclassed.

For example the SA one I’d say -50% damage during shadow refuge is a god-send if you want to rev a down player since both of you only take half of the damage, and when you charge in broken walls that’re protected by a million of AC, SA new trait can help your group push in the keep during stealth thanks to the damage reduction. Under these circumstances, the halved damage is way better than that pitiful regeneration. (The heal amount is even lower than Warrior’s healing signet)

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

>>For example the SA one I’d say -50% damage during shadow refuge is a god-send if you want to rev a down player since both of you only take half of the damage, and when you charge in broken walls that’re protected by a million of AC, SA new trait can help your group push in the keep during stealth thanks to the damage reduction. Under these circumstances, the halved damage is way better than that pitiful regeneration. (The heal amount is even lower than Warrior’s healing signet)

Personally I like the new traits and they do open up new avenues for builds. I think too many want to look at each skill on its own rather then how they can get synergy with a given build.

If one looks at sigils , runes and other traitlines to use in conjunction with a given skill there a number of new possibilities.

The ones for DA , SA and Trickery are especially interesting to me.

in Thief

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Guess only Thieves and Warriors got some change in the PvE meta. If that +200 power upon reveal doesn’t have an icd then GG free power when using AA.
Only low point, it won’t apply 200 power before a backstab lands.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Thief

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

so as summary,

Age of Condition ’hoes shall begin soon.

Enjoy being kited and DoT’ed to death.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

As always, my opinions on these traits…

Revealed Training: This is kind of “Meh”. It only works on stealth thieves, so unless I am going D/D against a boss it won’t do much in PVE. In PVP I imagine it is a bit better, since this will be about a 10% increase in damage for a few seconds, but all in all I’d call this a “meh” trait. Not bad, but not really good either.

Invigorating Precision: Not bad… at first. We already have signet of malice for static heals, but for DPS builds this can be used to top yourself off. Problem is, this competes with Hidden Killer or Executioner, which can be substantial boosts to damage. Compared to the damage loss, the amount of healing gained is inconsequential.

Shadow Arts: I can see the use in this one. I use Shadow Refuge on downed players to revive them, but sometimes enemies just bash my face in while I’m healing them. The damage reduction would be pretty strong for escaping, too. It’s a bit similar to shadow rejuvenation, but since this can apply to teammates, I think it would be a better option.

Acrobatics: this trait is nigh worthless. If I am in stealth, I’m probably not going to get hit by CC. If I’m probably going to get hit by CC, then I probably can’t reveal myself easily. Also, pretty much every weapon has something I can use anyway. Sword already stuns/blinds from stealth, shortbow would immobilize and potentially stop the attack anyway, and more than likely you’ll be able to dodge or shadowstep out of the way.

Bewildering Ambush: This is a trait I"ll use. 5 stacks of confusion on steal sounds basic, but also sounds really useful for condi or hybrid builds. Definitely a nice trait.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.