New To Thief

New To Thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlinkTwice.7932

BlinkTwice.7932

Hello all. I’m by far not a new player. Ive played since launched but I only really played Engie. As of Daredevil Ive been interested in theif and I want to play the profession more. I played in unranked sPvP and I had a blast as a roamer doing assist kills on points and traversing the map. Trying ranked its just completely different.

It goes without saying I have very little knowledge on playing theif so I was wondering what is it that is making thief ‘bad’ now in pvp.

As far as i remember Stealth was very powerful before, and since all of the anti stealth other updates did that rip away all that theif had to offer?

lvl 80 Bunker Engi Brooke Allana

New To Thief

in Thief

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

Play a little more in ranked. You will find out soon enough.

New To Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

The fact that you can’t take 1v1’s against equally skilled people means we’re weak in the meta.
Your “role” (sadly) is to decap and +1, both of these “roles” become pointless as soon as the point you want(ed) to decap has a player on it of equal or better skill.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

New To Thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlinkTwice.7932

BlinkTwice.7932

So its the bunker meta that ended the thief’s role?*

lvl 80 Bunker Engi Brooke Allana

New To Thief

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Thieves are able to 1v1 if you are skilled enough. However, the way we do it is in a hit and run fashion, dragging out the match, resetting in stealth, which is useless in PvP, but its also why WvW thief roamers are still a common sight.

With the bunker heavy meta, our effectiveness of bursting down opponents have been drastically reduced. In fact due to power creep, other classes can burst as hard as thieves, yet is not as squishy as thieves.

Thief’s strength is mobility, but in this meta, where there is almost always a bunker in the enemy home, our decap role is made to be pretty much redundant.

So our current role is to fight in mid like everyone else, or be the fastest rotator to help out home. We still have decent burst damage, and while it is possible to be effective with thief even in this meta, it’s just not ‘meta’. With reveals being thrown around everywhere, some thieves like me opted to use stealth-less builds.

So, while it’s possible to play thief in pvp, it’s just… not as fun as before.
You won’t be able to carry your team. People blame you if you lose, you rely on your team to perform well. Regardless of how good you are, if your team is not competent, you are going to lose. You won’t be a game-changer (unless the other team is made up of warriors and thieves.)

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/