New(?) build idea

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello,

first of all I’d like to apologize: I’ve posted this to an other thread (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Gear-Advice-D-D-for-WvW/first#post4064726) but I got zero answers. And I’m usure if its because I wrote complete BS or it just got ignored. However I’m really ethusiastic on this build, so I’ll give it an other try. If I dont get answers this time too, I promise I’ll leave you guys alone with my crappy build. So here it goes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoaVlsMp0plPx7JsPNBNhw9oaz8O83yaFA-T1BFABCcKFQS5XJ7Pkm+GAeSBFq+zVKBDAgAcz2sNvZ28m38mP6RP6RP6R7m38m38m3sUApsMC-w

What I’m unsure about:

-maybe D/D instead of D/P
-utilities

Oh and its for WvW ofc.

ty

enthusiastic noob

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

It’s not a new build. My guildie runs d/d d/p with that build, I also run that build with s/d (see link in signature for video). But yeah this build is good id say drop thieves guild for basi though.

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

It’s not crappy, it looks like a fine, solid build, and if you are happy with it, it’s good. Interrupting their heal is worth a backstab – and the boons as icing on the cake will help to down them pretty soon. I assume that is the plan.

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Nimrud.5642

It’s not a new build. My guildie runs d/d d/p with that build, I also run that build with s/d (see link in signature for video). But yeah this build is good id say drop thieves guild for basi though.

Yep, that’s what the question mark indicates inthe title.

enthusiastic noob

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Nimrud.5642

It’s not crappy, it looks like a fine, solid build, and if you are happy with it, it’s good. Interrupting their heal is worth a backstab – and the boons as icing on the cake will help to down them pretty soon. I assume that is the plan.

I do enjoy it a lot. I would ‘have to’ love it anyway until I get my ascended gear for WvW (- now completing the last piece for PvE). Having both SA and Tr with full six points gives just so much options, really thief-like hyperactive gameplay.

I just need(ed) some encouragement, and some fine critique. Where I live, we have a saying: more eyes see more. So keep looking guys, and warn me pls if you find any flaws.

ty for the feedback

enthusiastic noob

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Posted by: SDZz.8260

SDZz.8260

It hits the right numbers, but how is the build in prolonged 1vX fights? or have you not tested it out yet

Team Aggression -
@Staff Ele

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Nimrud.5642

It hits the right numbers, but how is the build in prolonged 1vX fights? or have you not tested it out yet

It was either me or my opponent who died fast ever since I started using this build, so I dunno yet. Will report on it.

enthusiastic noob

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

This looks like a pretty common D/D or S/D build to me.

I run close to the same build on my S/D.
People tend to run Acrobatics, but I like to be cheese and have that lovely heal on stealth.

New(?) build idea

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

If solo roaming how do you deal with no speed boost. I recommend dropping blinding power for the signet, or swapping to travelers runes. If in a group then you can get speed from them, and once the fight starts your getting it from steal, but is that enough? (Stealing off critters maybe…)

How often do you use the shortbow in a fight, if not that often have a stacking sigil on it, power or precision, its up to you. Since the fighting happens with your dagger you can get a big boost to crit chance which makes lightening and fire from your weapons have more often/reliable. Especially since you have no extra precision from crit line i recommend perception sigil on the shortbow.

Hope that helps.