New faceroll build

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Did anyone notice the huge amount of new thieves going with that aoe condition bleed build? They just drop their thing and anyone near just dies, plus they can even drop it while invisible. They build a survival build with this thing and all they do is hide and aoe people just dies after some time without effort, kinda funny.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

Welcome to the Unicorn build. It’s been out awhile…

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Dagger/Pistol = Hard Counter

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Dagger/Pistol = Hard Counter

It’s permablind city up in here.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Omg, it’s begun, it was backstab, now unicorn, next " omg did you see that thief run around in circles, everyone was confused and just watched him so he took no damage!!"

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I’m sorry, OP, but what on earth are you talking about? I seriously think that you have no idea because the only skill that even slightly matches your vague description is the utility skill Caltrops.

Just fyi guys, he’s not talking about Unicorn spam.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Thief burst damage is a problem=everybody dies…
Thief slow condition damage is a problem=everybody dies..
Thief balanced damage apparently was a problem for ANet,cuz they hammered S/D hard…
I am confused….

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

ah yes, the unicorn build, the only build that has not been nerfed yet…
FU all for beeing unable to play your classes properly ….

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

ah yes, the unicorn build, the only build that has not been nerfed yet…
FU all for beeing unable to play your classes properly ….

Yes, exactly. You dont know play your class properly and now cry on forum and hope that Anet nerf thief so you can kill thieves easily with your poorly playing style. Permaban on all “thief OP” crying kids!!!

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

Yeah the thief have another performant build, they should nerf it instantly, also they should nerf invi, backstab damage and initiative, oh and also remove the thief class.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: oellph.9450

oellph.9450

You mean you might have to roll with a team that has condition removal abilities?

Oh wait… your not rolling with a team, just solo?

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Omg, it’s begun, it was backstab, now unicorn, next " omg did you see that thief run around in circles, everyone was confused and just watched him so he took no damage!!"

OMG Thieves have confusion now? :O

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yes with the Prayer to Lyssa spell :o

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Next patch:

Thief:
-when a Thief goes into stealth he also goes into downstate.

Warrior:
-when a Warrior has Revenge on him he can not be killed until he got his revenge.

All is vain.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Runcore.5107

Omg go to take a ice shower and wake up. Prayer to Lyssa is human race spell not thief spell, every human can use it. And btw Prayer to Lyssa (Pray to Lyssa, granting a random boon to yourself and a random condition to target enemy) has effect only on TARGET enemy so only ONE target no all. In addition it grant RANDOM boon so it can be bleeding, poison, chill OR confusion or other random boon. So NO thief has no confusion skill!!!

Are you really so much jealous that you must find every advantage on thief class and try cry for nerf, omg? Are you really so great noobs with your own classes that you must cry for thief nerf 24 hours per day? Im tired of reading here every day these QQ topic started by kids which was one time defeated by some thief. Its not thief problem that you are noob players and cannot play your choosen class.

I see this strategy on all games, lets recapitulate it:

1) first some kid choose one class and expect that he/she will be best super killer on whole server and can kill whole army of enemies alone
2) the kid meet some other player which is more experienced and play his/her character very good and is better than our kid
3) the good player defeat our kid
4) the kid has rendezvous with true reality that he/she is not best on server
5) the kid say “Its not possible. Im best killer ever, i can kill everybody. This class who defeated me must be OP”
6) the kid go to forum and start QQ topic where whimper and cry for nerf of this “OP” class and our kid become “crying kid”
7) it is only one example of one kid which “Im best killer on world” dream is destroyed so we must multiply this example with number of all “dream destroyed” children on game and we have tons of crying children on forum.
8) and catastrophe is when developers of game dance how these children play and do all what they cry for. Now we have tons of crying children on forum + ruined and useless classes on game.
9) now, when crying children have what they wanted and one good class is totally ruined and useless for playing they continue on playing and are happy that they removed one class which endangered them.
10) some time later, one beautiful day they meet another good player who defeat our children
….now continue reading on point 4) This process is neverending story.

When this process happen again and again we have here all or majority of ruined and useless classes which mean that whole game is ruined and almost unplayable OR one we have here one strong class which is played by all players and other classes are forgotten.

This is process and good way how destroy one good game with great potential. Think about it you crying children!!! You dont ruin only one class but whole game for all players. And same for developers: think about it what you do to your game!!! By ruining one class you start chain reaction which lead to desctruction of whole game, your game and your source of money.

There are not unbalanced classes but only unbalanced players.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

New faceroll build

in Thief

stof.9341

Omg go to take a ice shower and wake up. Prayer to Lyssa is human race spell not thief spell, every human can use it. And btw Prayer to Lyssa (Pray to Lyssa, granting a random boon to yourself and a random condition to target enemy) has effect only on TARGET enemy so only ONE target no all. In addition it grant RANDOM boon so it can be bleeding, poison, chill OR confusion or other random boon. So NO thief has no confusion skill!!!

True. A more thievy and reliable way has you steal gunk from an engineer and do projectile combos through it. You can probably apply two stacks per combo if the target stands in it, has one and only one friend near and you use the dagger 4 ricochet skill.

Are you really so much jealous that you must find every advantage on thief class and try cry for nerf, omg?

Maybe you should step back and take a deep breath in. And go reread what was written.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Runcore.5107

Deep breath? How i can take deep breath if i must every day read some QQ topics and crying for nerfes of thief. One day it is stealth, other day stealing, other day backstab,next day build…etc. Every day somebody want nerf part of thief and still complain about thief. When thief find some better skill, better way how kill enemy or better build, somebody come to forum and cry for nerf. My deep breath and repose are away after 3 months of reading QQ topics.

New faceroll build

in Thief

stof.9341

Let me try to explain it more clearly. It started with your reply to :

The answer is a 4 letter word that starts with JOK and ends with OKE.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

they are not talking about unicorn build, as anyone that still runs that is a chump. it has no utility, and is very easy to avoid. it’s p/d that is giving people a hard time, and that is because it’s very difficult to engage these players. se la vie.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

So… Jokoke? Idk what that means. Also 6 letters.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

New faceroll build

in Thief

Runcore.5107

After months and months of reading QQ topics about thief i dont take it as joke. This little joke can grow to another huge QQ topic where ppl will cry how is thief OP. Thief is victim of nerfes almost on all patches all these nerfes have source on QQ forum topics so pardon me that i dont take it as joke. There is nothing to laught for me.

Btw its not only about this confussion. This topic is beautiful example. Thieves have found some new good “unicorn” build and what happened? On forum is QQ topic how is this new build OP, how thief can kill small army and cry for nerf. Every new thing on thief which can be good for PvE/PvP is only target of crying forum topics.

Really pardon me that i dont laugh and have no sympathy for this “joke”.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Carnagh.1687

Carnagh.1687

It’s funny how only people playing thief defend their overpowered and soon to be nerfed build. Because smashing 1 button plus a dodge roll to spam endless caltrops is really skillful, wake up seriously, its not about actually killing people but keeping a base because 1 thief can just cover a whole base with caltrops and hide where there’s no way to cleanse the bleed effect since you need to stand in the base to actually capture it.

If you think that Caltrops are seriously killing people you’re very misguided.

Overall I build bleeds twice as fast on my Warrior with swords than on my Thief with daggers.

Now, your post is starting to get deliberately provocative which I believe is against the rules of conduct on the forum.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: kwolf.4306

kwolf.4306

People will complain about thieves endlessly until they are just watered down warriors.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

BS is still OP.

It’s fun how you Thieves just believe everybody is stupid and you are good players lol

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Nerfing thieves has pretty much been the answer to everything. As far as I can tell there hasn’t even been an honest attempt at balance. Only random cuts to whatever other players are complaining about.

Downed state (which was taken from us for being imba, but then given to Mesmers?), Heartseeker, Pistol Whip, Backstab, Basilisk Venom, Dancing daggers, Whirling axe bundle and a few I am sure I am forgetting. And each of those things had substantial risk involved on the thief’s part, and legitimate strategies to counter. But instead of expecting players to elevate their game, or adapt,Thieves just get a baseball bat to the knees.

Meanwhile other classes have safer methods of delivering the same amount or more of direct burst damage and go untouched.

But wait…Scorpion Wire range increased from 900 to 1200! Because that’s what every Thief player has been begging for and makes everything better.

I honestly think that Anet isn’t sure what they want the thief to be or how it fits into the game anymore.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Drunge.4035

Drunge.4035

Nerfing thieves has pretty much been the answer to everything. As far as I can tell there hasn’t even been an honest attempt at balance. Only random cuts to whatever other players are complaining about.

Downed state (which was taken from us for being imba, but then given to Mesmers?), Heartseeker, Pistol Whip, Backstab, Basilisk Venom, Dancing daggers, Whirling axe bundle and a few I am sure I am forgetting. And each of those things had substantial risk involved on the thief’s part, and legitimate strategies to counter. But instead of expecting players to elevate their game, or adapt,Thieves just get a baseball bat to the knees.

Meanwhile other classes have safer methods of delivering the same amount or more of direct burst damage and go untouched.

But wait…Scorpion Wire range increased from 900 to 1200! Because that’s what every Thief player has been begging for and makes everything better.

I honestly think that Anet isn’t sure what they want the thief to be or how it fits into the game anymore.

Totally agree. Surely Anet is planning to delete this class.
They have no idea of what they are doing IMHO… We got nerfed about everything. They make the elem even more powerfull as it is and surely they dont plan to nerf warriors. Next patch : – Thief cannot stealth more than 3 seconds every minute – Elem’s Water spells heals for 50% HP with total damage immune – Warriors get defy pain every time they do critical hit.
That’s how Anet is attempting to balance the game ! The thing is whiners will keep crying because Anet cant upgrade their own skill.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

After months and months of reading QQ topics about thief i dont take it as joke. This little joke can grow to another huge QQ topic where ppl will cry how is thief OP. Thief is victim of nerfes almost on all patches all these nerfes have source on QQ forum topics so pardon me that i dont take it as joke. There is nothing to laught for me.

Btw its not only about this confussion. This topic is beautiful example. Thieves have found some new good “unicorn” build and what happened? On forum is QQ topic how is this new build OP, how thief can kill small army and cry for nerf. Every new thing on thief which can be good for PvE/PvP is only target of crying forum topics.

Really pardon me that i dont laugh and have no sympathy for this “joke”.

Come on, he clearly was making a joke, easily identifyable miles away from it (see the short answer, the emoticon and how it was some clearly not realiable skill).

I’m mad too at all the QQ but we can’t break our nerves so easily with just a friendly pun, specially when it was made as a joke TO THE ONES WHINING about the Thief.

About OP: The only AoE you can be talking about is Caltrops and with traits and runes to increse duration it can only maintain about 8 stacks of bleeding, necromancers can apply more, more reliably and with a lot of cover conditions (as well as sending back any condition you put on him).

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

Next patch:

Thief:
-when a Thief goes into stealth he also goes into downstate.

Warrior:
-when a Warrior has Revenge on him he can not be killed until he got his revenge.

oh man that was kittening funny, lmao

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

BS is still OP.

It’s fun how you Thieves just believe everybody is stupid and you are good players lol

Ok person who mains a warrior…..Okay.

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

Totally agree. Surely Anet is planning to delete this class.
They have no idea of what they are doing IMHO… We got nerfed about everything. They make the elem even more powerfull as it is and surely they dont plan to nerf warriors. Next patch : – Thief cannot stealth more than 3 seconds every minute – Elem’s Water spells heals for 50% HP with total damage immune – Warriors get defy pain every time they do critical hit.
That’s how Anet is attempting to balance the game ! The thing is whiners will keep crying because Anet cant upgrade their own skill.

Thieves were insanely buffed before the game shipped. In beta everyone complained thieves suck. So the buffs were made WITHOUT TESTING, yes, kneejerk reaction buffs. They’re trying to bring it inline with other stuff…are they suceeding…not exactly. I said again and again, you don’t nerf for insane amounts like 50% and kitten, but they don’t listen.

On your elementalists get more and more powerful…I can just lol. You serious?? How, gimme evidence. They nerfed the bunkers, nerfed tornado, don’t get me started on how ele was in betas… They fixed few skills (fixing skills that benefit eles usually so they don’t benefit anymore heh). Scepter and staff are kinda useless in sPvP compared to daggers (woo, 1 weapon ele can use with success), elite skills suck. Oh…and ele downed state went from 100% free stomp to useful…you referring to that zomg so gamebreaking buff?? As far as I’m concerned thieves still have more builds that are successful than ele in sPVP, feel free to prove me wrong since I admit i’m not most knowledgeable in that regard (been slacking since crapoween event).

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

New faceroll build

in Thief

Posted by: Drunge.4035

Drunge.4035

On your elementalists get more and more powerful…I can just lol. You serious?? How, gimme evidence. They nerfed the bunkers, nerfed tornado, don’t get me started on how ele was in betas… They fixed few skills (fixing skills that benefit eles usually so they don’t benefit anymore heh). Scepter and staff are kinda useless in sPvP compared to daggers (woo, 1 weapon ele can use with success), elite skills suck. Oh…and ele downed state went from 100% free stomp to useful…you referring to that zomg so gamebreaking buff?? As far as I’m concerned thieves still have more builds that are successful than ele in sPVP, feel free to prove me wrong since I admit i’m not most knowledgeable in that regard (been slacking since crapoween event).

Actually elems have a lot of dispells, good damages – and insane AoE damage -, multiple heals (water spells + heal), good defense, boons, multiple break stun and one of the best mobility if not the best combat mobility in the game. All in the same D/D build.
So yeah actually elems dont have a lot of weapons to use.. They use D/D or Staff in massive PvP, D/D for roaming, D/D in sPvP and sometimes they are playing with Scepter/Dagger.. But their D/D dispell tanky Damage Dealer build is totally kittened up in the hands of a good player. Not everyone can play this good, but when one does it’s kinda OP. When they will get really good Elite skills, i think it will be insane..
I am not complaining about this class actually, i just say that people are crying over and over again on the thief but War, Elem and Mesmer are as good – if not better – as the thief is. But just because Mesmer can’t perma-stealth (but they can deal damage while they are invisible) and other classes can’t stealth at all (except for the ranger and the engineer) : Thief must be OP.