New god mode build on the 15 ;)

in Thief

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You go 0 30 30 10 0 in full zerg with travel rune,with the new grandmaster traits you can take the damage when you use stealth and heal up when you burst:)

Use P/D and Shortbow other stuff is getting the nerf hammer…

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

How is this god mode?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

How is this god mode?

Because stealth.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Killface.1896

You can be tanky in full zerg gear,the crit burst heal you and 50%less damage in stealth get make you a bunker,use 3 5 2 and you make crazy damage and go in stealth,maybe assassin stats will be better but going full dps will be good when you get heals based on your crits.

New traits btw :

Deadly Arts: Revealed Training – Gain up to 200 extra power when you are revealed, based on your level (Revealed lasts for 3s for WvW, 4s for sPvP)
Critical Strikes : Invigorating Precision – You are healed for a % of the strike damage dealt. The current rate is 5%. Does not work on ambient creatures.
Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage (does not work against condition damges)
Acrobatics: Assassin’s Equilibrium – Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed. This is a high skill cap trait as you need to use it when you see a stun/daze coming and attack first to reveal yourself and gain the stability.
Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Good luck against a hammer train, bud. :P

in Thief

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Hammer train against a stealthed thief is useless because you get to choose where to go to AVOID the stun. If you eat it like a warrior, better switch to Guardian or Warrior and play as tank.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

So if you backstab for 6k you’ll heal 300 health? Wow, thats almost as good as the passive regen on HealSig post nerf (15th)! Oh, wait, its only almost as good if you can pump out 6k dps continuously :/

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Bad thieves cannot pull this off. Specially those who have several level 80s therefore they become experts even without skillfully playing a skill based profession.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

What burst? Specially after crit damage nerf and with P/D?!

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

It’s a new meta shift in theif ’s group role. Instead of a character class we are now considered a “mobile dot effect” that can be cleansed with CC effects.

in Thief

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

So if you backstab for 6k you’ll heal 300 health? Wow, thats almost as good as the passive regen on HealSig post nerf (15th)! Oh, wait, its only almost as good if you can pump out 6k dps continuously :/

You ARE able to understand that this trait is in no way meant to be equivalent to a healing skill, right? It would, in my opinion, be stupidly overpowered if we were able to get the healing of healing signet in a trait and still use your healing skill!

The lengths people are willing to go just to complain about healing signet….

EDIT: It’s an interesting build OP, and one I’m curious to try with S/D so you can CnD to avoid burst, and still maintain health income through traits… while using your heal as additional back up healing….

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

10k spike = 500 heal with new CS GM trait. So, if you can pump out 10,000 every second you still won’t outregen a warrior. Not to mention the obvious, no one can pump 10k over and over, let alone 6k. 2-3k aa, 3-5k HS, mug can’t crit so forget that, CnD for what 6 or 7k, bs for say 10k. To pull those numbers off your defenses would be so low that you would take far more damage than you can heal for. This trait most certainly isn’t meant to replace healing skills but the short and long term heal from this would be horrible in its current state (5%). I guess they thought AoE skills would be healing you for 150 X 5 so it was op and they settled on a low value. Needless to say, no one will take the new CS trait for anything more than an experiment or gimmick.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

You ARE able to understand that this trait is in no way meant to be equivalent to a healing skill, right? It would, in my opinion, be stupidly overpowered if we were able to get the healing of healing signet in a trait and still use your healing skill!

EDIT: It’s an interesting build OP, and one I’m curious to try with S/D so you can CnD to avoid burst, and still maintain health income through traits… while using your heal as additional back up healing….

Sorry. I guess I should have compared it to adrenal health, but there are so many sources of regen it’s easy to overlook some. Realistically it _ might_ be on par with adrenal health if you can keep the DPS constant, meaning that thieves just recieved a minor master level trait for a GM one, not a “godmode”.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

Sorry. I guess I should have compared it to adrenal health, but there are so many sources of regen it’s easy to overlook some. Realistically it _ might_ be on par with adrenal health if you can keep the DPS constant, meaning that thieves just recieved a minor master level trait for a GM one, not a “godmode”.

In that regard I agree with you, it is a little underwhelming for a GM trait, BUT it is also important to remember that in no situation should you ever attempt class balance with cross-class comparisons that only take into account single aspects… For example, you cannot deny that thief would be very OP with a top tier hp pool and heavy armor like a warrior… Yet if you were to simply compare our innate defense with warriors, we (and every other class in the game) would be seriously underpowered. So, again, you can’t just compare our one GM trait with a trait from another class without taking into account other effects.

Its important to remember that if a trait gives you access to something that is a little out of the norm for your class it will be weaker. For example, the new elementalist air trait applies damage on interupt equivalent to the damage from a 10 point mesmer trait (according to clarification offered by a GM on the new trait)… If you assume that mesmers and elementalists should have exactly equivalent interrupt abilities, having a GM equivalent to a 10 point trait would be hilariously under powered…

As to this trait… if you assume signet of malice and this trait, using S/P you should be able to offer frequent stuns/dazes, higher hps than warrior healing signet, and huge evade uptime, before you even consider your utilities and other traits/runes/sigils/etc…

MATH: Warrior healing signet offers 393 hp/s… signet of malice is 133 hp/hit and this trait .05 * dps. Assuming pistol whip hits for 3k/dps you will be getting equivalent hp/s even assuming that pistol whip only hits once/second… 3k dps on pistol whip is probably impractically high, but hitting more than once a second is very possible which would compensate… Furthermore, you are ofc, evading and your target was stunned at the beginning… Both of which contribute to damage negation… Assuming your target is a warrior (b/c why not) and their usual DPS is 1k/seconds, the evade from pistol whip effectively adds 1k hp/s to your pistol whip (remember, you have to take in to account more than one factor)…

tldr; Class balance – in an interesting game – should never be as simple as 1:1, saying that it should be is effectively asking for the removal of the class system: removing distinguishing elements between classes….

in Thief

Killface.1896

It not a backstab only build starting 3 5 2 like I sad before will give almost perma blind and stealth for backstab or just back off and do it again

What make it a god mode is -50% in stealth (you can use zerger gear and take hits)+the heals you do when you burst it will be 2-3k easy when you finishing them of with 2222 !!!!

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

In that regard I agree with you, it is a little underwhelming for a GM trait, BUT it is also important to remember that in no situation should you ever attempt class balance with cross-class comparisons that only take into account single aspects… For example, you cannot deny that thief would be very OP with a top tier hp pool and heavy armor like a warrior… Yet if you were to simply compare our innate defense with warriors, we (and every other class in the game) would be seriously underpowered. So, again, you can’t just compare our one GM trait with a trait from another class without taking into account other effects.

Its important to remember that if a trait gives you access to something that is a little out of the norm for your class it will be weaker. For example, the new elementalist air trait applies damage on interupt equivalent to the damage from a 10 point mesmer trait (according to clarification offered by a GM on the new trait)… If you assume that mesmers and elementalists should have exactly equivalent interrupt abilities, having a GM equivalent to a 10 point trait would be hilariously under powered…

As to this trait… if you assume signet of malice and this trait, using S/P you should be able to offer frequent stuns/dazes, higher hps than warrior healing signet, and huge evade uptime, before you even consider your utilities and other traits/runes/sigils/etc…

MATH: Warrior healing signet offers 393 hp/s… signet of malice is 133 hp/hit and this trait .05 * dps. Assuming pistol whip hits for 3k/dps you will be getting equivalent hp/s even assuming that pistol whip only hits once/second… 3k dps on pistol whip is probably impractically high, but hitting more than once a second is very possible which would compensate… Furthermore, you are ofc, evading and your target was stunned at the beginning… Both of which contribute to damage negation… Assuming your target is a warrior (b/c why not) and their usual DPS is 1k/seconds, the evade from pistol whip effectively adds 1k hp/s to your pistol whip (remember, you have to take in to account more than one factor)…

tldr; Class balance – in an interesting game – should never be as simple as 1:1, saying that it should be is effectively asking for the removal of the class system: removing distinguishing elements between classes….

Going to have to agree with you on this one,but this is a much more thought out approach to this trait than godmode incoming. This trait seems underwhelming considering the other GM traits it’s competing against.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The only place such a build would be useful is sPvP, because in WvW if you’re not killing the enemy, you’re only stalemating until their army gets there. Executioner is better than that unless you’re going for trolling the enemy, which is still done better by Signet of Malice + Stealth + Choking Gas + Caltrops, with a Dagger Storm thrown in there if you’re sure you can survive the zerg.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

The only place such a build would be useful is sPvP, because in WvW if you’re not killing the enemy, you’re only stalemating until their army gets there. Executioner is better than that unless you’re going for trolling the enemy, which is still done better by Signet of Malice + Stealth + Choking Gas + Caltrops, with a Dagger Storm thrown in there if you’re sure you can survive the zerg.

In sPvP you don’t want to be in stealth anyway, and escapes are as easy as swapping to SB and using proper blinks to get out of harm’s way. There’s a reason nobody traits into shadow arts in sPvP.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Why would anyone choose 5% dps heal over 20% extra dmg from executioner? The faster I can kill someone, the higher chances that I survive the encounter.

Instead of dishing out insane dmg for heals, I can just use omnom ghost for 325 lifesteal/s, no matter how hard I crit when it procs, it creates 650HP difference between my and opponent’s HP.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr