Second coming of spiteful spirit

Oh God.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

New healing skill is supposedly a venom

in Thief

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

So, if I understand this correctly, it heals for the same amount as Withdraw overall, but it’s split into 5 small heals…and has a 45 second cooldown?

Wow
So venom
Such heal
Many interesting

Wow

This whole situation overall is hilarious to me, (and I can only hope that it wont be as bad as we think), but I cant stop laughing at that dog lol

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

- So, what are you planning this time for thieves, man?
- I’m going to put their new healing skill on a trap.
- WTF!!! You are kiddin’ me right?
- Yes, LOL, I’m kidding… That will be too obvious, it will definitely expose me…
- Ha ha, you got me for a moment, man.
- But now that I think of it… I think that it would not be entirely impossible to slip it on a venom…
- No way, man!!!
- Wanna bet? Remember that it was me who managed to put that underwater skill that CCs the own thief when using it.
- Oh, True!!!… That was glorious man, glor… hey! did you hear something?….

DISCONNECT****

in Thief

Posted by: Nolimitz.9467

Nolimitz.9467

that 45 second CD better be early build… are you serious? i mean really? 45 seconds you think a thief not traited in shadow rejuvenation can even last in the next 45 seconds with this crap tastic long CD heal…? cmon mannnn

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Just by taking a look at the other healing skills, this feels extremely underwhelming, not suprised though. :’)

Retired GW2 Player

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

Bottom line 45 sec cooldown is total crap. Venomshare it’s still crap. So everyone stacks on you, you VS then hit the opposing group or zerg at full health and heal from 100 to … 100?

I mean if you get jumped you can’t stack for the VS, if you are doing the jumping when you stack for the VS you don’t need healing.

Did I mention it’s on a 45 sec timer – that means that after the VS stack you better not need to heal for the duration of the fight, which is you know, pretty common. I mean I often go 45 seconds without needing to heal. I’m so sure I’ll use this over withdraw or HiS.

VS builds are for when you have time to stack and you are hitting opponents loaded for bear. I.e. when healing is not as important as killing.

I think it goes without saying that no VS, you would never use it, and with VS, you would never use it.

I typically don’t go apekitten over things before they are implemented or mock the devs like a demented fanboy but this. is. dumb.

We are being trolled, obviously, especially with the Warrior heal.

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

We are being trolled, obviously, especially with the Warrior heal.

The Warrior one seems doable. Just do the same thing you would against an Abaddon ult: don’t attack. The Necromancer on the other hand. Am I suppose to kill a necro now or just run? It’s already a pain to kill a necro, and now they can be even more tankier…

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

- So, what are you planning this time for thieves, man?
- I’m going to put their new healing skill on a trap.
- WTF!!! You are kiddin’ me right?
- Yes, LOL, I’m kidding… That will be too obvious, it will definitely expose me…
- Ha ha, you got me for a moment, man.
- But now that I think of it… I think that it would not be entirely impossible to slip it on a venom…
- No way, man!!!
- Wanna bet? Remember that it was me who managed to put that underwater skill that CCs the own thief when using it.
- Oh, True!!!… That was glorious man, glor… hey! did you hear something?….

DISCONNECT****

Lol, have my +1 man.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

“The Necromancer on the other hand. Am I suppose to kill a necro now or just run? It’s already a pain to kill a necro, and now they can be even more tankier…”

You know, I really don’t have that much time to play , i mostly do daily and then play on reset with my guild and decided to make a more zerg friendly character and my boys recommended I make a necro to help out.

Well there is this level 20 scroll and a birthday booster and crafting xp so I said, why not I’ll make a necro and level it up, should take a few months. It took 14 hours, didn’t even use up the BBooster.

I only used staff and played sort of while watching TV and died like twice. I’m not complaining about Necros, but umm, they seem like they are a great class to play – massive AOEs, really hard to kill, super tanky….

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

This will need a very short cooldown to work — 15 or 20 seconds, max. The risk of being blocked, blinded or otherwise CC’d make a long cooldown punishing.

It also needs to clear a condition, if they want to give us an alternative to stealth gameplay.

I expect this to be pretty terrible.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

The only thing that would make this good is that if you have this equipped it makes your blood venomous and when you take damage and bleed all over the enemy in your death throes they get some on them and die also.

The end.

YES. YES THIS WOULD BE AMAZING.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

This reminds of Anet’s failed attempts at giving Ranger a valid GS build that revolves entirely around mauling people, without addressing the core issues of what makes such a build bad regardless of the many tiny tweaks they’ve put in every balance patch.

Though it wouldn’t surprise me if a full venom build becomes somewhat strong in spvp and maybe dungeon running, since you’d be able to combo share both leeching venoms and the heal venom. I don’t have my hopes up though, playing a ninja medic doesn’t seem fun to me.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i don’t play a condition thief and i don’t really want to they would need to add crit skills to i wish that gave every class 5-6 new skills and traits to pick from

in Thief

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

I might run it in pve for a bit, just because

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

what am i missing? what nea heal? is there new skills comin gout? liNK?

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

playing a ninja medic doesn’t seem fun to me.

Becouse it isn’t.
If i’m on thief it’s becouse i wanna play a thief/assassin class, not a surrogate of something else. I don’t want an utility class.
Otherwise, if this is devs’ direction, i come back to my necro or warrior becouse, right now, seems pointless play a thief class in this game.

Pity, becouse i like it more then other classes since this brainless meta is on.
What a waste, it could be a great game..

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

Well if we look at the past we find that nearly if not all that has been leaked before turned out to be true.

If we really get the skelk venom as we know it now, it needs some traits changed for it to be viable for more than venomshare builds(which are imo useless most of the time anyway)

An example would be to make the Leeching Venoms trait also being able to crit (both the heal and damage part)

Another thing that can be done is to make the skelk venom interact in various ways with your other venoms (mixing the venoms for different effects) I don’t see this happening ever though.

That being said, I wonder if its cooldown can be reset by the Improvisation trait -_^

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

2 THINGS:

- missing, blocking, blind, aegis completely negates the heal
- its nothing more then a extra venom to proc the traits

But venom builds are not that strong.
So there are 2 options:

- Remove venom traits. Buff or remove the venoms
or
- buff the venom traits something like this:

• Reduce cooldown of venoms from 45sec to 35s
  • Venomous Strength: Venoms grant might when activated triggered.
  • Residual Venom: Applied venoms last an additional strike. Double the charges for each venom.
  • Venomous Aura: Using a venom gives you an aura that applies the venom effect to all enemies in a 450 radius. the aura ticks once per second and has charges equal to the base venom charges minus 1. One charge hits up to 5 enemies in range.

The the venoms and the heal might get interesting

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Everyone seems to be focusing on the numbers (the heal, the cd, etc), which are all subject to change, rather than the actual design, which (assuming the leak is true) is the real problem.

Every single other heal for each class seems awesome, or at the very worst interesting. They’re innovative and different. They appear to open up new spec options, or strengthen current spec options. They’re different enough that they make the class interesting while players figure out what new spec options these new heals might open up, or what working specs they might strenghten. They sound fun and new.

Ours is a kittening venom. It’s not only old, it’s part of a really kittenty utility line that’s needed changes for kittening months. Even if the numbers are strong (healing per strike, cd, etc), it’s really boring design wise compared to how cool all the other classes new heals are. This is kittening laughable – like they want to salt the Dec 10th wound before they’ve actually inflicted it.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

Wouldnt venomshare builds be better off just using Antitoxin Spray?
Seems to me like it would basically do the same thing… except better.

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Wouldnt venomshare builds be better off just using Antitoxin Spray?
Seems to me like it would basically do the same thing… except better.

It’s sad that this is true…

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

this is all the healing skills classes get

Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies. – ranger supporter
Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy. – necro more powerful than ever solo and group play
-Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges. mesmer getting really buffed up
-Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt. – what?! give me that
-A.E.D.: Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated. Static Shock: Use your A.E.D. to stun an enemy. will be able to ever kill a engineer ?
-Arcane Brilliance: Arcane. Blast the target area, hitting foes with critical damage and healing yourself. Healing effectiveness is increased per target hit. does dmg and heal
-Skelk Venom: Venom. Your next few attacks heal you. just another useless heal
-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you. wow another stance nice and gratz

in Thief

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

Well I am a venom lover as a thief but as a HEALING SKILL I think the heal venom should be unblockable and go through blind.
A heal like that should actually be able to land instead of being able to be blocked.
We need to be IN combat to actually get healed. We need atleast 20 points in Deadly Arts for a cooldown reduction (It has the highest cooldown of all our heals, completely unjustified) and preferably 20 points in Shadow Arts for more healing.

I just wish venomshare range was like 600. Residual Venoms + cooldown in one trait, venomshare and leeching venom in 1 trait. Perhaps have the newly combined Residual Quick Venoms trait moved to master tier so we can actually grab something defensive (which venom thieves need since we have no stunbreaker on venoms and a lot of stealth).
The idea of venoms are awesome, but just like traps, they aren’t as awesome as the concept is. Although traps are just utter rubbish xD

edit What I mean with unblockable is that stacks don’t go away on blocks/evades. Stacks only go away after a succesful hit.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, the heal can remain blockable and missable. If it means it heals more than all the other heals we have currently.

For a longer CD, even when using a trait, it sure deserves some advantage. The instant cast isn’t advantage enough when Withdraw does it too.

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

Well, the heal can remain blockable and missable. If it means it heals more than all the other heals we have currently.

For a longer CD, even when using a trait, it sure deserves some advantage. The instant cast isn’t advantage enough when Withdraw does it too.

Its going to need to heal for 1k a tick without leeching venoms for it to be any good, even then it will need to be traited. 5×1k=5k heal which is still less then HiS. Or in a venomshare would only be 1k more health then Antitoxin spray.
Although traited would be a 1.4×6(8.4k)hp group heal which i think would be appropiate consider the 60point investment.

in Thief

Undeadkemea.4865

2k base heal on level 80 per tick without healing power, then we’ll talk stack removal on miss/evade/blocks :P

in Thief

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

I don’t think i’ll touch this healing skill, even if the healing would be massive, the chance that it will get blocked, blinded, evaded, … is too big for it to be viable.

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Antitoxin spray doesn’t work in sPvP though.

Btw, I think the “Residual Venom” master trait is hardly worthy of master trait status. The only reason we pick it is because it’s the only trait in that slot that improves Venoms. Possible improvement, add : “Venom charges aren’t removed by miss, block, evade and invulnerable”

in Thief

Undeadkemea.4865

Well, I’d be happy if Residual Venoms and Quick Venoms were combined and put in master tier. Keep Venomshare 30 points in and put the Potent Venoms into Leeching venoms. That would be decent.

in Thief

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Its going to need to heal for 1k a tick without leeching venoms for it to be any good, even then it will need to be traited. 5×1k=5k heal which is still less then HiS. Or in a venomshare would only be 1k more health then Antitoxin spray.
Although traited would be a 1.4×6(8.4k)hp group heal which i think would be appropiate consider the 60point investment.

Just going to point out that the new necro signet heal will do the group heal untraited, so zero investment :P. Oh and did I mention the necro one will also do damage to the target since it is lifesteal? Venomshare also has a small radius that you’re not going to be super worried about when you’re in the middle of combat and need a heal. Basically you need 60 points to make the new heal mediocre compared to the other new heals. It does have some group utility via that we drastically need but the investment to get it vs other traits is just too much.

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

I could definitely try a venom-sharing build, if not for the little fact that I usually require shadowstep, shadow refuge and other stunbreaker on my skillbar just to survive… Not to mention a potent condition-remover ability on my heal slot.

But now that I think of it, I suppose that I could simply replace the dire need of stunbreakers by using the sword skill #2b to make room for some venoms on my skillbar…

… Oh, wait…

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Just going to point out that the new necro signet heal will do the group heal untraited, so zero investment :P. Oh and did I mention the necro one will also do damage to the target since it is lifesteal? Venomshare also has a small radius that you’re not going to be super worried about when you’re in the middle of combat and need a heal. Basically you need 60 points to make the new heal mediocre compared to the other new heals. It does have some group utility via that we drastically need but the investment to get it vs other traits is just too much.

If it makes you feel better, rangers will need to trait to master level (and ideally GM) to make use of our new heal as well. It’s just strange that Anet sees that spirits are vemons are some of the least used utilities (in WvW and PvE at least) but instead of fixing them they just decide to throw more at us. Great plan.. loving it.

/rant

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

They try to fix venoms by giving us more venoms to trigger the traits.

bad idea

rework needed BADLY!!!

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Interesting choice. For the intention of Venoms it’s not too shabby. Yhr ability to heal an ally for 5k shouldn’t be bad at all. If anything under certain conditions its one of the top heals in the game. However it is conditional.

Now if they want to improve thief support this is fine its not shabby at all however Venoms by them self are displeasing. They’re akin to banners, spirits, conjures in being team based but unlike the rest they aren’t inherently team based until traited.
You could say Auras are the same way bit Auras are weapon skills not utilities.

Venoms may not even be so displeasing if not for the precedent to have every one of them on a kitten CD.

This helps the venom support build to an extent however venoms at a base level remain very weak outside of dev and basilisk for the CC.
I don’t doubt the skill is useful but only in a specific setting.

Ultimately I think to bring venoms in a better light, venom share has to be restricted to share “less”. Eg it shares 3 stacks of spider , 2 of ice drake, 1 of dev, 1 of basilisk, 3 of skelk and 2 of skale and start dropping cool down times on a base level.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

A friend of mine said that Jon Peters said “The new heal skill for thieves is going to change the meta.”

This is unsubstantiated though. Just word of mouth. He could have been joking.

I guess we are supposed to be venomshare now?

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

A friend of mine said that Jon Peters said “The new heal skill for thieves is going to change the meta.”

No, he definitely said, “The new heal skill for thieves is going to shake things up”

in Thief

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

You know, I think everyone is reading this as being like other venoms where it only applies to the next handful of attacks you make. But all of the existing venoms have a “Number of attacks” parameter on them. This one, as datamined, doesn’t. It says “5 stacks” but that’s not the same.

It’s unclear what this really will be. What if it heals you continuously per-attack for 30 seconds? That wouldn’t necessarily be bad, depending on when the cooldown starts from.

Might as well wait a few days rather than freaking out, IMO.

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

So you mean, I could like, attack the air and get healed?

That’s OP.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

That’s OP.

;) that’s all you can attack next patch.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

That’s OP.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet /shrug

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: DeTechTive.9251

DeTechTive.9251

I’ve run a build similar to this in WvW. Kind of sucks for solo roaming. But in any sort of group vs group or zerging I have alot more fun and it puts out serious pressure on whoever I choose to target. It’s all unload spamming self healing. I may try this again with the new heal since its a venom and goes well with this. I don’t much care for venom sharing in this build since it sacrifices too much elsewhere.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYUQRAqa6YlcmCNXaS6E+JFyWBgiThFCVaKoJbqTBXpVA-jgCBYfDimCEkiAmwAg+AK5pIaslhFRjVXDT5iIq2cuIa1SBUuwI-e

You can alternatively drop 10 points from Deadly arts and go crit strikes for ankle shots. Either way works well. In fact it might even be better since you pick up opportunist to help with unload spamming. It’s terrible at roaming but excels in target pressure for groups, and can be quite fun in that setting.

Should also mention that the on crit heal food is of huge importance.

(edited by DeTechTive.9251)

in Thief

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

No, he definitely said, “The new heal skill for thieves is going to shake things up”

Yup he did, and it proved to be as another ini regen "masssssssive buff " quote rolls eyes

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

A trait that removes condition on venom use, plus seperate cooldowns on all of them, please and thank you

in Thief

messiah.1908

if the skills will give 5-6k heal to my party i think venom share thieves will be called to be in group raids

as for now with my panic build full venom, groups like me so consider i can heal them on the seconds burst so my group can sustain longer in the burst (and with necro new heal skills also)
can be interesting

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

if the skills will give 5-6k heal to my party i think venom share thieves will be called to be in group raids

as for now with my panic build full venom, groups like me so consider i can heal them on the seconds burst so my group can sustain longer in the burst (and with necro new heal skills also)
can be interesting

Yeah, you are the only one who will die, because if your party member miss the target or get blocked, they still have another healing, you don’t!
Useless in pvp and wvw.

R.I.P. thieves

in Thief

messiah.1908

Yeah, you are the only one who will die, because if your party member miss the target or get blocked, they still have another healing, you don’t!
Useless in pvp and wvw.

not necessarily, in wvw if you support role dont try to run with the frontline.
get in a party with ele and/or healing guardian and get regeneration protection etc.
venom imo get the thieves out of their “solo cave” into the group playstyle world

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Here’s the in-game code: [&BxJVAAA=]

4 hits, 1.3k heal. kitten CD.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

Joy. Not even as much as HiS and is on a 45 second CD. Because sustain.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Joy. Not even as much as HiS and is on a 45 second CD. Because sustain.

I feel like i should add it to the nerf wish list….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Just experimented with it. It seems to:

- Get proper CD reduction with Quick Venoms
- Receive an additional attack with Residual Venom

But:

- Does not give Might with Venomous Strength
- Does not get additional damage and healing with Leeching Venoms
- Does not benefit from Venomous Aura

This was tested by changing the traits and comparing the additions to the code with existing Venom skills. Tooltips like “Number of Targets: 5” did not appear, but the “[icon]Skelk Venom(30s)” did turn blue and go from 4 strikes to 5 on the icon.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief