New nerf coming . . .

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

07/25 Ready Up Patch notes:

Engineer:

- Utility Goggles – Analyze – this ability now 6s of revealed in addition to the vulnerability it applies.

Ranger:

- Sic’ Em this skill now applies 6s of Revealed to enemies.

Good before it was very easy to kill a engi . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . plop.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Maaaaan. On a serious note though; Sic’em has never been a problem before, so I guess I can handle it. The utility goggles are more of a threat imo.

Anyhow, none of these can catch up with us if we decide to run, so it’s just run and come back after those six seconds. I have yet to have any trouble with stealth traps, so I’ll just wait and see what the future holds for us.

Melder – Thief

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

While I dislike the idea of an instant-cast, 1200 range revealed skill, I think it is too early to sound the alarms. How many engineers are going to actually run this skill? Static discharge engi will most likely have it, but all of the condi-slinging P/Sh engineers probably won’t take it. It would mean a huge drop in their utility and damage when they could just take a third kit.

Thieves will be getting a balance pass as well, so lets save our tinfoil hats until then.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

While I dislike the idea of an instant-cast, 1200 range revealed skill, I think it is too early to sound the alarms. How many engineers are going to actually run this skill? Static discharge engi will most likely have it, but all of the condi-slinging P/Sh engineers probably won’t take it. It would mean a huge drop in their utility and damage when they could just take a third kit.

Thieves will be getting a balance pass as well, so lets save our tinfoil hats until then.

^^ /signed

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m holding out for our balance pass. Both Engi and Ranger changes were quite thorough, so I’m pretty hopeful for ours, too.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

well we will have to wait and see . . . but it i’m honestly tired of playing a game where constantly keeps nerfing the only profession i like.

I mean . . . it’s cool that ranger, engi received some buffs . . . . but why! just why the hardest profession to kill for a thief receive a significant buff against us! WHY?

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Speaking as a Ranger, given the buffs we’ve seen announced tonight I don’t think Sic ’em will be the biggest of your concerns.

cough zerkers running 1-second cast time for rapid fire and +25% damage from signet of the wild cough

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

After december 10th, I do not trust anet with my profession anymore.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I was a Ranger far before I was a Thief, and didn’t trust them for the longest time after the pet nerf. Considering the changes to Ranger, I’m willing to give them a chance on Thief.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

I was a Ranger far before I was a Thief, and didn’t trust them for the longest time after the pet nerf. Considering the changes to Ranger, I’m willing to give them a chance on Thief.

You are going to love your ranger after a few months.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

as an engineer I can say that utility goggles will only work on glass cannon builds, this won’t be a win button for the engineer, think of it like a necro, if you run into a necro with no condition cleanse and then eat corrupt boon/spite/fear your probly going to die and that’s your own fault, run into a glass engi and don’t take counter measures to avoid the burst and you going to die, however if you dodge that skill and his burst which isn’t to hard you will most likely win, so it’ll will be more of a who can out play who situation, so don’t take this to heavy as a nerf since it will technically be a l2p issue in the sense that you can win if you bait it out of him and he will win if you aimlessly try to burst him down, that said I’m looking forward to using it against thiefs with a full glass cannon build I just love those 2 second fights that comes completely down to player skill and timing.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

as an engineer I can say that utility goggles will only work on glass cannon builds, this won’t be a win button for the engineer, think of it like a necro, if you run into a necro with no condition cleanse and then eat corrupt boon/spite/fear your probly going to die and that’s your own fault, run into a glass engi and don’t take counter measures to avoid the burst and you going to die, however if you dodge that skill and his burst which isn’t to hard you will most likely win, so it’ll will be more of a who can out play who situation, so don’t take this to heavy as a nerf since it will technically be a l2p issue in the sense that you can win if you bait it out of him and he will win if you aimlessly try to burst him down, that said I’m looking forward to using it against thiefs with a full glass cannon build I just love those 2 second fights that comes completely down to player skill and timing.

Your not seeing the big pic here. In group play that skill will be an I win button against thiefs. Only takes 1 sec if focus for a thief to die.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

vincecontix.1264

Speaking as a Ranger, given the buffs we’ve seen announced tonight I don’t think Sic ’em will be the biggest of your concerns.

cough zerkers running 1-second cast time for rapid fire and +25% damage from signet of the wild cough

Exactly any experienced thief knows we are already eating 4-6 k of damage after we stealth due to rapidfire channeling qualities. Add the sic-em buff(insta cast, unavoidable skill) its just plain stupid. Especially in group play this is gonna be terrible.

Isle of Janthir

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

I actually think it will be pretty interesting in team fights since the engineer can now essentially prevent a downed body from gaining stealth (such as mass invis or refuge) and significantly increase the odds of a stomp occurring.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Your not seeing the big pic here. In group play that skill will be an I win button against thiefs. Only takes 1 sec if focus for a thief to die.

in a team fight how much utility will an engineer lose just to potentially counter you? we all know kits bring heaps of team utility and hes just lost some to counter you and only you, be ready to teleport out if he gets you with it and your team has gained an small advantage.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

vincecontix.1264

in a team fight how much utility will an engineer lose just to potentially counter you? we all know kits bring heaps of team utility and hes just lost some to counter you and only you, be ready to teleport out if he gets you with it and your team has gained an small advantage.

My concern is more for wvw and any thief spec that doesnt have the ability to evade spam is gonna be in trouble. SA thief gonna be hit very hard esp without the ability to stealth to get rid of condition gonna be a nightmare.

Another thing is that now a complete noob/skilless player can now get a very skillful thief killed because of this change. Hopefully there will atlest be away to dodge this skill unlike sic em. An engi bringing this to counter a very good thief even at the loss of untility its totally worth it. Also engis of all class don’t not need extra ways to shut down thiefs.

Isle of Janthir

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

With all the buffs to Engi and Ranger and especially the 1-button hard counters I am expecting some serious buffs for Thieves for the first time.

(Although I’m also expecting Rapid Fire to become unblockable soon, considering I downed a Ranger with Daggerstorm yesterday)

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

The issue isn’t really with whether people will be slotting these anti stealth abilities or not. I’m actually assuming a fair few who roam in WvW will do so. I come across plenty of rangers who are already running Sic ’Em. But the issue is how poorly implemented these stealth counters are.

In the case of the ranger, an instant cast 2000 range stealth hard counter which is completely unavoidable is just a bad joke of counterplay. There’s literally nothing a thief can do to try avoid this hard counter unless they’re literally sitting in stealth all day. Which is my next issue with this way of approaching counterplay to stealth.

Thieves that don’t stealth too much and save it for when they really need to avoid incoming damage are far more susceptible to this counter than thieves who perma stealth all day. Because you can’t use an ability like Sic ‘Em on something you can’t see. It would have made far more sense to have changed various AoE abilities across classes to have an additional effect by dropping thieves out of stealth. Provides more options for counterplay on both sides.

But instead we get these poorly thought out hard counters which makes me think the balancing team doesn’t know what it’s doing. There’s also 5 other classes (not counting thief) that haven’t been previewed yet and could possibly have some fancy new stealth hard counters too.

Sure, thieves could be getting some nice changes themselves as well, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Member of TUP on Gandara

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

Okaishi, you ever thought the balance team knows what they are doing? Well thats why they allowed traits like Prismatic Understanding, skills like Healing Signet (Warrior) and condition specs to dominate anything else in the first place. Sorry @ArenaNet, you may dislike this and i will get me a nice and dandy infraction point, but its true. Balance is absent. Neither is it focused on 1v1 DM, nor is it focused on 5v5 KotH. So where is that focus?

All i await for the so called balance changes will be another nerf. ´cause there is no single day where you get group-invited or whispered for “awesome match, thanks a lot, you play good” or something like that. its always " perma evade noob, stealth noob, blindspam noob, shortbow noob, TEEF OP!!!11eleven, you hardcounter me" – you name it. The list is that long. Now i´m als getting accused of hacking: “can i get the download link for the tools you use please”. Happened just about 2 o´clock in the morning today.

While i´m not calling thief being UP, because that would be a blatant lie, people don´t realize how hard it actually has become to play one. There are so many possible hard counters for thieves and only so few the other way round its not even funny. The amount of effort you have to put into playing thief successfully (OUTSIDE of cheepskate-builds for 1v1 domination like P/D condition – well conditions in general are cheap imo) has raised a lot during the last 1.8 years.

So, to write on topic – those skill changes don´t pose that much of a direct nerf to me. Sure, they are portable hard-counters, and even S/D acrobatics will use CnD from time to time (those who just spam #3 will not, of course, but that ain´t proper thieves, THOSE are the perma evade noobs to accuse!). The only problem i have with those is the fact they´re instacast. I strongly dislike anything being instacast, because the only way to see such skills coming is a lucky dodge / blind / block. But i will survive even those changes, the same way i have survived the previous changes, right?

While i´m not expecting anything good for the thief, i´m hoping for at least some bugfixes:

- Make steal and shadowstep less reliant on terrain! Just because of a single stone, bad pathfinding or whatever teleports zip me right back where i came from, in case of steal while applying the full cooldown but not receiving a stolen item.

- revert the changes to Steal from last update. Mug and the steal-item-portion now proc about 1/4 sec after using steal instead of proccing instantly, and this messes up stealth combos with Steal, also makes Steal dodgeable after Steal has been used.

- get rid of the godkitten first minor trait in Shadow Arts. Seriosuly, even if you replace it with a useless speechbubble popping above my head when reaching 25% health, it would be better. You could even think to fix it by stopping ALL attacks for 1sec, disabling all skills for 1sec, make it unbreakable stealth for 1sec after entering, and make it ignore Revealed. of course, when you attack after this second, it should apply Revealed as usual, but in order to make this trait save lives instead of taking them, this is much needed. Whenever i play with 2pts in Shadow Arts this kittens me up.
– remove any stupid aftercast delays. instead at longer casttimes, if needed, but those moments when you just cannot do anything (for example after Shortbow #2) are killing me often enough. Or even better, make evade and healing skills take absolute priority. make them interrupt any running cast or aftercast. Its a shame i cannot time an evade with Sword/Dagger #3 because that skill only ever activates after the running cast is finished including its aftercast. So auto-attacking a Warrior who happens to decide to use Eviscerate can lead to my death because neither Withdraw nor Flanking Strike activate instantly. This leads me to my last point…

- immobilize-interrupt. You read right. Immobilize freezes you in your current animation. if said animation was an aftercast, you are stuck. if you jumped while getting immobilized and you cleanse it, you are stuck. Change the way immobiliuze works or do whatever needed to mak all skills working correctly when being immobilized. i stopped counting how often a mesmer successfully immobilized me with iLeap, and foreseeing the incoming shatter i INSTANTLY press Withdraw, only to see Withdraw blinking and blinking and blinking. About 1 to 1 1/2 seconds later it may activate, but then its already too late and i ate much damage. Same applies to Shadow Step. And this is not caused by bad latency, i know for sure.

Lets see when thief gets his skill bar segment, and what will be subject to change.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

So, to write on topic – those skill changes don´t pose that much of a direct nerf to me. Sure, they are portable hard-counters, and even S/D acrobatics will use CnD from time to time (those who just spam #3 will not, of course, but that ain´t proper thieves, THOSE are the perma evade noobs to accuse!). The only problem i have with those is the fact they´re instacast. I strongly dislike anything being instacast, because the only way to see such skills coming is a lucky dodge / blind / block. But i will survive even those changes, the same way i have survived the previous changes, right?

Not only this imo. This is a hard-counter to a whole trait line of our class, it’d be very similar if we could get access to a skill, insta-cast, that would render the F skills of other players unavailable for 2-3 seconds. It’s just plain dumb.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Bryzy.2719

I think you guys are being over-concerned about the whole Sic ’Em revealed thing for now.

Following these Ranger changes, many probably won’t be running with Sic ‘Em at all – at least for a time – because we’ll all be running round like “pew pew!!” testing out power longbow builds with QZ, signet of stone and signet of the hunt. OR QZ, signet of stone and signet of the wild… or w/e other variation on that they wanna use.

Until (and unless) brand new BM builds are formed with Sic ’Em (which there is limited scope for given the update previews so far), the meta will most likely running round pew-pewing with out it as a utility.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Well my thief wants a hardcounter vs med guards. I Do Not want to have to outplay them anymore. I want an easy way. A skill that prevents any blocks for 6sec. Instant, 1200range Minimum.
Or a utility that converts direct dmg to lifeleech, very nice against mrpassive (warrior).
Yea, lets wait for thieves skill bar. Maybe we get something Like this. Or Maybe just another nerf.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

vincecontix.1264

I think you guys are being over-concerned about the whole Sic ’Em revealed thing for now.

Following these Ranger changes, many probably won’t be running with Sic ‘Em at all – at least for a time – because we’ll all be running round like “pew pew!!” testing out power longbow builds with QZ, signet of stone and signet of the hunt. OR QZ, signet of stone and signet of the wild… or w/e other variation on that they wanna use.

Until (and unless) brand new BM builds are formed with Sic ’Em (which there is limited scope for given the update previews so far), the meta will most likely running round pew-pewing with out it as a utility.

Nope once the damage is done will takes ages to reverse, now is the time to speak up. After a couple of scrubs get wrecked by thiefs you can bet your kitten they will be sloting sic em. Current sic-em is fine 6 secs is to long.

Isle of Janthir

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I thought we were waiting for the upcoming thief changes before we tune our tin foil hats? Was I the only one who read Eugenides post? Seemed the most logical answer to follow :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

It’s drawing near !

Attachments:

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s drawing near !

Stop panicking resist the dark side because it’s future is unknowned as well.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

just keep doing what you always do spike stealth run wait spike stealth revealed run wait.. till your enemies defences are all stuck behind a nice cool down wall and then get the auto win………………. all nerfs are welcome with initiative recharging 1 per second… that’s 15 seconds per massive hitting combo..if you spam everything compared to the defensive cd’s of many professions being a lot longer…………….. just on my necro alone

wod 50 seconds all stun breaks 60 seconds

but its anet.. of course they will give you something that makes these new revealed skills redundant I mean they already gave you increased damage from stealth too much healing and too many ways to clear conditions -.-..

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

I mean they already gave you <…> too many ways to clear conditions -.-..

Attachments:

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I mean they already gave you increased damage from stealth too much healing and too many ways to clear conditions -.-..

El Oh El. Dare I ask what have you been smoking?

edit: I will reserve judgement for after all the previews are done, although I too don’t get it why a class that is one of the hard counters of thieves also gets a revealed skill.

(edited by Pavel.8531)

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

You know, the only real role for a thief, roaming, now is done. . . as someone said before, it only takes 1 second to kill a thief in a group.

6 seconds is stupidly insane.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Good, thieves dominated the meta for too long. Hopefully anet makes them useless for the next two years to balance the time period all out.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Good, thieves dominated the meta for too long. Hopefully anet makes them useless for the next two years to balance the time period all out.

That is not how game balance works. That’s just being a bitter little child.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

The funny thing is we are a month and 2 days away from the 2 year mark and that’s what thieves have been the entire time. So if your still having problems with them then perhaps their origin is internal.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

just keep doing what you always do spike stealth run wait spike stealth revealed run wait.. till your enemies defences are all stuck behind a nice cool down wall and then get the auto win………………. all nerfs are welcome with initiative recharging 1 per second… that’s 15 seconds per massive hitting combo..if you spam everything compared to the defensive cd’s of many professions being a lot longer…………….. just on my necro alone

wod 50 seconds all stun breaks 60 seconds

but its anet.. of course they will give you something that makes these new revealed skills redundant I mean they already gave you increased damage from stealth too much healing and too many ways to clear conditions -.-..

So, I guess you haven’t been playing thief a lot these two year? Make us blow our initiative and our cooldowns (you know, we have them too) and we are basically a free target. Initiative is a sort of cooldown, but it is a cd shared by both of our weapon sets, so unlike a necro that can swap to his other set and have new skills waiting, we don’t. We still gotta wait for that initiative to come back.

You know all our stun breaks have a long cooldown too? We have stealth, but that is not a stun break…..

Please, tell me where have we gotten more damage from stealth? If you mean the new trait, Revealed Training, it only applies after we leave stealth (while revealed), so it doesn’t affect our from stealth attacks. Although, there is a way to exploit this by slotting mug, this is only used in tPvP by very few thieves.

Melder – Thief

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Bryzy.2719

You’re right, that is NOT how game balance works. So why have thieves been able to get away with such power for all this time?

Since beta, Rangers have had to sit back and swallow the dirt, dust and crap churned up by all the other professions while simultaneously being progessively trodden down bit by bit by Anet. So you know what? Maybe it is time for thieves to take a backseat for once. And mesmers. and warriors. and guardians. and every other kitten profession.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Sagat.3285

You’re right, that is NOT how game balance works. So why have thieves been able to get away with such power for all this time?

Since beta, Rangers have had to sit back and swallow the dirt, dust and crap churned up by all the other professions while simultaneously being progessively trodden down bit by bit by Anet. So you know what? Maybe it is time for thieves to take a backseat for once. And mesmers. and warriors. and guardians. and every other kitten profession.

Wow and you are not worried that the future changes might make them so called"stronger" than the upcoming ranger again? Seriously you need to wait before making statement like that it’s only 2 classes what awaits next is unknow….

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Bryzy.2719

Wow and you are not worried that the future changes might make them so called"stronger" than the upcoming ranger again? Seriously you need to wait before making statement like that it’s only 2 classes what awaits next is unknow….

Of course, I’m fully expecting other professions to be buffed. However I’m hoping that this will be done in such a way as to make the Ranger much more up to par with the other professions. Just because I said maybe it’s time for other professions to take a backseat doesn’t mean I think it’s going to happen.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

clearly we are being forced into acrobatics, specialy with S/D.
most of us already play that spec and the tears on the forum already made an ocean.
after the patch it will get worse.
And if we get nerfed (I’m sure we will although I see no reason for it) we might as well all go to WvWvW with SB and forget about competitive play.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

and when most thieves stop playing D/P in order to migrate to S/D, guess what happens then – S/D will get nerfed AGAIN. it has always been this way -.-

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I’m just wondering when rangers became so weak while being a VERY strong 1v1 class…

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’m just wondering when rangers became so weak while being a VERY strong 1v1 class…

Quite simple really… poor AoE and all our group utility is based on the Pet skills and Spirits, both of which scale horrifically with the size of a fight, thus leaving us pretty well balanced in 1v1s and 2v2s.. but the more people who add in the worse and worse we become.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Valtarius.8671

Valtarius.8671

I dont get the issue. thieves are already good even with the many nerfs you had. suck it up and continue eating other zerkers for breakfast, lunch and dinner because why go any other class specced for zerker when a theif can just instagib the other zerkers no problem. Quit your qq’ing you theives. Its not like revealed has ever been a problem anyway when you can just run away and wait for it, and go back to hiding and backstabbing, flanking strike or pistol whip the enemy to death

(edited by Valtarius.8671)

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Sagat.3285

I dont get the issue. thieves are already good even with the many nerfs you had. suck it up and continue eating other zerkers for breakfast, lunch and dinner because why go any other class specced for zerker when a theif can just instagib the other zerkers no problem. Quit your qq’ing you theives. Its not like revealed has ever been a problem anyway when you can just run away and wait for it, and go back to hiding and backstabbing, flanking strike or pistol whip the enemy to death

Strong hate why don’t you play thief then?

The Dhuumfire thread

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Our balance pass? I sure don’t have my hopes up for positive things judging by their track record and all the stuff they said on stream they were going to do ages ago and didn’t. ;/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Happy they are trying to buff gadgets but….don’t we engineers already have enough ways to take down a thief? Stuns, knockback, knockdowns, pulls, immobolize, chills, plus gear shield from tool kit, smoke field from bomb…I’m just a little “Eh.” on this buff. I’m not saying i’m not happy, just we honestly have a lot of ways to take care of thieves already.

The Sic em thing I won’t comment on since I don’t play ranger, nor have I played against that many. Anyway, good luck thieves, hope you get something in return.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

I’m sorry, but which profession does not have developer to it’s name? Or not have a 1200 range weapon? Or have arguably the worst cleanse and stun breaks in the game? Or the worst trait in the game? Or the biggest variety of unbalanced/useless/highly situational traits out of all the professions? Or is the only profession to mainly rely on their weapon skills to keep their kitten alive? Or can’t get any decent healing or protective buffs without resorting to sources outside of their profession?

I think we have a right to complain.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m sorry, but which profession does not have developer to it’s name? Or not have a 1200 range weapon? Or have arguably the worst cleanse and stun breaks in the game? Or the worst trait in the game? Or the biggest variety of unbalanced/useless/highly situational traits out of all the professions? Or is the only profession to mainly rely on their weapon skills to keep their kitten alive? Or can’t get any decent healing or protective buffs without resorting to sources outside of their profession?

Time to answer in order.

Ranger and Thief
Thief
Ranger
Ranger and Thief
Ranger
No class that I’m aware of
Thief

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Valtarius.8671

Strong hate why don’t you play thief then?

I do play one FYI, do you?
I’m just saying how many the thieves QQ over the smallest thing that’s not even a major issue. A high skilled thief versus another equally skilled zerker class has a higher chance of winning. The class has so many ways to save themselves and reset fights. Plus a great damage output. You can’t deny how much utility this class has at their disposal.

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Valtarius.8671

I’m sorry, but which profession does not have developer to it’s name? Or not have a 1200 range weapon?
—Do they really need a 1200 range weapon for how much mobility they have
Or have arguably the worst cleanse and stun breaks in the game?
your kidding me right, have you seen ranger’s stunbreaks and what about necros, its almost non-existent…
Or the worst trait in the game?
—dafaq is this? dont all classes have those traits
Or the biggest variety of unbalanced/useless/highly situational traits out of all the professions?
—again all classes have those traits
Or is the only profession to mainly rely on their weapon skills to keep their kitten alive?
--okay well ranger longbow has #3 to escape for 3 sec stealth, rangers sword #2 etc. Warriors have there leap/rush skills. mesmer torch #4…… do i really need to list everything here l2p and play other classes
Or can’t get any decent healing or protective buffs without resorting to sources outside of their profession?
—what does that even mean? you need healing from a gaurdian or ele to help you out!? what thief cant survive by itself 1v1. they a have a 15sec healing dodge and Hide In The Shadows for gods sake. If all things fail runaway and reset its not like they can catch up to you and rarely will someone catch up to you

—Your just milking complaints that is so used generally that can be said for all classes. Now tell me do you play even play thief or a just a compete rerolling noob?

You are everything I said earlier to how some thief mains complain for the most stupid reasons. What nerf has basically made this class unplayable ever since gw2 came out. Have you played/lived through pre patched warrior, ele, and the current state of the rangers

(edited by Valtarius.8671)

New nerf coming . . .

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Just because a few classes have had to suffer through a down point does not justify in the slightest forcing every class to have to have a down point too. In fact, it should encourage anet to make sure the other professions don’t have that because the more professions in a down point the less balance we have.

Now to clear stuff up:
Are we going to have a little more trouble with revealed after this? probably yes.
Can we deal with this? As a thief main since release, I say yes we can.
@Valtarius:
Surprisingly few thieves who play competitively actually complain over this, they just get over it so your assumption that thief mains do nothing but QQ over little things is wrong, don’t even bother arguing it.

To other people:
Yes Anet doesn’t have the best record for thief balancing but it was the same with ranger. They finally got something right on the ranger, they can do the same with thief.

This class has always been and always will be playable it just may require more adaptation to a build than some other classes.

And finally, to those who say we should just burst people down:
I hope all of you realize the amount of tanky dps/condi builds emerging because of might stacking is pretty insane. It’s actually gotten to the point where one burst rotation may not be enough to take down an opponent completely and if there is more revealed given to classes it may pose a bigger threat. We are not a god class so please do not treat us as if we have no problems. This class takes a large amount of skill to play (with the exception of 2 builds) and gives a good reward for being good at it. So stop abusing the players and trying to force them into a bad state and just practice fighting them more so you learn to fight them without having to get them nerfed to nothing to do it.

That will be all
sincerely,
Ario

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!