New thief Elite spec idea

in Thief

Posted by: NickLaBorde.2730

NickLaBorde.2730

I was thinking calling it marksman or assassin.. Idk that really doesn’t matter.

Weapon is rifle with the main play style focusing on short stealth bursts in which you can deal massive damage. Unstealthed you’d be rather weak.

No steal anymore instead a 1sec stealth with a 20 sec cool down.

All skills would have a way to add stealth or would do a different attack when stealth vs not stealth.

Idk it needs polishing haha thoughts?

Would take to long to list my characters

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Everyone wishes we got Rifle. I am just glad I got damaging utilities. And Acro 2.0.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

NickLaBorde.2730

Everyone wishes we got Rifle. I am just glad I got damaging utilities. And Acro 2.0.

See I could care less about the rifle aspect, that is just a little aspect, rifle, long bow, or axe would all work for me and this class, just an idea.

in Thief

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

What you have described is very unlikely to happen, at least with a ranged weapon set like rifle or longbow.

An Elite Spec which does huge damage out of stealth shouldn’t be ranged, that would mean too many upsides for the Spec. But I could imagine a melee weapon spec with this theme.

IF thief is getting a new ranged weapon AND this has to be a damage spec, it should focus on getting additional damage while revealt. Give it high telegraphed attacks, so you are able to mitigate the damage, and you should built in a reveal mechanic. So if you are using this really strong ranged attack, you get revealed while casting it, but traitwise you get extra benefits as long as you have the revealt debuff on you.

in Thief

NickLaBorde.2730

I could get on board with Melee such as an axe, preferably axe mh with this spec in mind, continuously weaving in and out of stealth to do damage, never having full 100 stealth uptime but enough to be viable would be nice

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Then axe would become d/d 2.0.

Can we get spec ideas that isn’t a copy of something we already have or that doesn’t give us things for the sake of having it? Like torch because burning?

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta