New thief build made-Teef OP

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

So I’ve been looking at the forums and it seems people want to know exactly what build it is that the thief has that’s supposedly killing everybody. After a ton of theory crafting I believe I have found it. Can you guys correct me or give any critiques as to what should be changed?

Okay, so this build is 30/30/30/30/30.
For Deadly arts, I believed people were facing thieves using Mug for starters.
Dagger training was also a popular for that extra burst. Also, Improvisation for the increase when wielding a bundle. So for the first tree, we have
DA: III, VII, IX

With me so far? Okay the critical strikes tree needed to be used since, coupled with Deadly Arts, gives insane amounts of burst.
The traits for this one weren’t hard your tree should look something like this:
CS: I, VI, XI however Hidden Killer is a nice alternative

Shadow Arts is essential for the amount of stealth we’ve been doing so once again let’s set this up:
SA: IV, VI, XI for the regen in stealth and condi cleansing as well as blinds. This gives the classic “Left and came back with full health” sch-peel

The Acrobatics tree is arguably just as important kitten since this is how we get hp and also how us stealth thieves simultaneously have a ton of evasions to boot making us near impossible to hit. This took some thinking but I’ve settled on
AC: I,VII,XI I chose I for WvW builds, otherwise power of inertia is preferred. Once again this will give your thief much health and even more condi removal with a bit more evades to boot.

Ah Trickery, the forbidden fruit.
Trickery:V, VII, XII this will give us even more power, reduce our steal and give us even more boon stealing with a daze, regardless of aegis or stability.

Gear: All Zerk until nerf happens then I’ll need to change but all Zerk for now with runes of scholar, though, Lyssa may be better. Traveleres as well and Divinity’s may help with the well rounded-ness

Weapons: You should have DD/DP/SD/SB
I chose four wepaons since we need to be able to use all of our gimmicks in the same fight. DP will allow us to stealth easier and set up more blinds. DD will allow us to burst even better than DP with the addition of CnD, while SD will give us the evades we need to continuously evade if the event comes that we don’t feel like stealthing during the fight anymore. SP can be an alternative if you desire. SB is pretty basic.

Utility: Withdraw works well here but Hide in Shadows is another good one. Im going to go with HiS for now though. Shadow Step, Shadow Refuge, Infiltrator’s signet/blinding powder: pretty basic set up

Elite: Basilisk Venom duh, we always use this. Any thief that doesn’t use this isn’t a thief. But if you are a thief and still don’t use this, use TG or DS depending on the day of the week, I have a chart that follows through with this:
Monday-DS
Tuesday-TG
Wednesday-TG
Thursday-DS
Friday-DS
Saturday-TG
Sunday-N/A

Thanks in advance for the help guys

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Very nice sir! I think I’ll give this a try. Oh wait, I’m already using it according to the community :p

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

A+++, brilliant.

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I tried your build man, really nice kitten fake.

I set exactly the same as yours but i can not crit 20k backstab in a full tank guardian.

Something is wrong with traits probably.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

BV is our weakest elite :/ weaker than devourer venom. use TG like a real man! lol

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

I tried your build man, really nice kitten fake.

I set exactly the same as yours but i can not crit 20k backstab in a full tank guardian.

Something is wrong with traits probably.

Sigh, I knew there was a kink…..venous strength perhaps when precasting BV? And are you sure you using Dagger mainhand and not sword mainhand or SB?

in Thief

Posted by: Fire Bullet.9236

Fire Bullet.9236

Why did you write the guide in the forum?
Now Anet will read this and nerf it

in Thief

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

I would go with Bask Venom with traited venom cd and 1 more application in Deadly Arts for more cheese! Also, ini on weapon swap in acro to pull one more HS through DP.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Probably Sanduskel the best thief in the forum could help us with this numbers.

I hear he kills alone Tequatl with no stealth and no evasion.

I bet he is using the correct build you are trying to make RedSpectrum.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

So I’ve been looking at the forums and it seems people want to know exactly what build it is that the thief has that’s supposedly killing everybody. After a ton of theory crafting I believe I have found it. Can you guys correct me or give any critiques as to what should be changed?

Okay, so this build is 30/30/30/30/30.
For Deadly arts, I believed people were facing thieves using Mug for starters.
Dagger training was also a popular for that extra burst. Also, Improvisation for the increase when wielding a bundle. So for the first tree, we have
DA: III, VII, IX

With me so far? Okay the critical strikes tree needed to be used since, coupled with Deadly Arts, gives insane amounts of burst.
The traits for this one weren’t hard your tree should look something like this:
CS: I, VI, XI however Hidden Killer is a nice alternative

Shadow Arts is essential for the amount of stealth we’ve been doing so once again let’s set this up:
SA: IV, VI, XI for the regen in stealth and condi cleansing as well as blinds. This gives the classic “Left and came back with full health” sch-peel

The Acrobatics tree is arguably just as important kitten since this is how we get hp and also how us stealth thieves simultaneously have a ton of evasions to boot making us near impossible to hit. This took some thinking but I’ve settled on
AC: I,VII,XI I chose I for WvW builds, otherwise power of inertia is preferred. Once again this will give your thief much health and even more condi removal with a bit more evades to boot.

Ah Trickery, the forbidden fruit.
Trickery:V, VII, XII this will give us even more power, reduce our steal and give us even more boon stealing with a daze, regardless of aegis or stability.

Gear: All Zerk until nerf happens then I’ll need to change but all Zerk for now with runes of scholar, though, Lyssa may be better. Traveleres as well and Divinity’s may help with the well rounded-ness

Weapons: You should have DD/DP/SD/SB
I chose four wepaons since we need to be able to use all of our gimmicks in the same fight. DP will allow us to stealth easier and set up more blinds. DD will allow us to burst even better than DP with the addition of CnD, while SD will give us the evades we need to continuously evade if the event comes that we don’t feel like stealthing during the fight anymore. SP can be an alternative if you desire. SB is pretty basic.

Utility: Withdraw works well here but Hide in Shadows is another good one. Im going to go with HiS for now though. Shadow Step, Shadow Refuge, Infiltrator’s signet/blinding powder: pretty basic set up

Elite: Basilisk Venom duh, we always use this. Any thief that doesn’t use this isn’t a thief. But if you are a thief and still don’t use this, use TG or DS depending on the day of the week, I have a chart that follows through with this:
Monday-DS
Tuesday-TG
Wednesday-TG
Thursday-DS
Friday-DS
Saturday-TG
Sunday-N/A

Thanks in advance for the help guys

Even this build is UP compared to Warriors …

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

True, 30/30/30/30/30 can provide a good challenge to a skilled warrior.
But we needed something stronger, something that could take down warriors with ease.

After closing in on 3000 hours in the game, I’ve finally come up with the build. I’ve both played thief and warrior to learn how to master them, theorycrafted for 20 hours every sunday, to finally achieve this build so many thieves seem to have, the build that has insane regen, insane mobility, insane condition removal, permastealth, permablind and backstabs for 17k.

So here it is… The Almighty… The legendary….
40/40/35/40/40 – GS/P + SB

Attachments:

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But we needed something stronger, something that could take down warriors with ease.

After closing in on 3000 hours in the game, I’ve finally come up with the build. I’ve both played thief and warrior to learn how to master them, theorycrafted for 20 hours every sunday, to finally achieve this build so many thieves seem to have, the build that has insane regen, insane mobility, insane condition removal, permastealth, permablind and backstabs for 17k.

lol @ deselected Last Refuge. ilu. Also nice being able to use Warrior LB Burst with Steal.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Not bad… But… How will it beat a no trait warrior?

in Thief

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

I’m sorry but I believe you mean 14/14/14/14/14 with runes of divinity in celestials.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

in Thief

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

I am dissapointed with your noob build of using GS AA, change it to Axe AA NAO!

Edit: And BS should be a non-channeled 100HB, with cleave ofc.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Wait….why does this have standard 12 initiative……RAGE!!

in Thief

Ghostwolf.9863

Yeah noticed that too while roaming the other day, must have bugged after I selected Combustive shot.

Although it doesn’t show anywhere, combustive shot contains Cleansing Ire, somehow it’s not ground targeted though and makes a huge fireball come out of the thiefs kitten .

Well, I’m waiting for 2H axes to be implemented in the game. The 1h axes do poor
backstab dmg compared to GS which one shots full bunk guardians.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Yeah noticed that too while roaming the other day, must have bugged after I selected Combustive shot.

Although it doesn’t show anywhere, combustive shot contains Cleansing Ire, somehow it’s not ground targeted though and makes a huge fireball come out of the thiefs kitten .

Well, I’m waiting for 2H axes to be implemented in the game. The 1h axes do poor
backstab dmg compared to GS which one shots full bunk guardians.

Does this require food or no? And also, how does this build work in zergs?

in Thief

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

For food i suggest you the “invisible food”, a food that is so invisible you won’t even find it on TP, it only works for thiefs and increase the stealth duration by 700%, actually making a gw2 thief a simil rogue from WoW,combine that with the ability to stealth in combat et-voilĂ  you got the perma invis build everyone talks about.

in Thief

Ghostwolf.9863

Does this require food or no? And also, how does this build work in zergs?

I usually use Shadow Oil for permastealth and globalpeople meatstew to kill people before they can react.

Doesn’t work well with zergs, but if you use shadow oil and daggerstorm you can
1v10 while being permastealthed.