Next thief elite!

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

Now the Daredevil is cool and all (really, I love it), but I cant stop my imagination from conjuring different spec ideas.

I think it would be amazing if thief would get a dark magic kinda spec! I present to you, the spelljacker!

Weapon: Scepter

The spec will make steal a ranged ability (no shadowstep to melee) that focusses more on the spell jacked rather than the teleport. It would break stuns and jack the last heal/utility/elite spell that was cast by the target. This would make for some awesome plays! I havent really thought about traits/utilities, but the change in steal would be amazing imo.

So what do you guys think?

(Inspiration: Rubick, the Grrrand Magus (Dota 2))

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think shadowmancer would be a cooler name. It would have AoEs, skills similar to ring of fire and ice staff 4 (the chill field), and group stealth that can be traited for complete reveal immunity, or maybe introduce something like stealth scaling with precision and reveal scaling with healing power but theoretically max stealth can hide from max reveal and reveal skills would be effective only against those with not enough precision (or not using optimal stealthing skills so shadow refuge might get cut through but another group stealth skill that’s stronger wouldn’t)

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Would rather an off hand sword next.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

I’m gonna get some flak from this, but I don’t mind getting torch, and being called Arsonist.
Burn on dodges, burns on crits, Molotov kittentails for fire fields, fire drake venom etc.
Make condi thieves even more viable.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Such fail on everyone’s part.

1st they will nerf the SA line to utter uselessness. Then bring a new line in called ninjitsu that focuses purely on stealth.

The following elite spec after we’re all ninjas for a year will be Loki. That will be revealed months following the destruction of the Trickery line.

That’s how it’s going to go down so stop deluding yourselves.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I guess the Arsonist elite spec wif Torch could get Amaterasu and set an area on fire with black flame that causes heavy aoe power/crit damage with a unique burn condi that can’t be removed and jumps to nearby enemies if they get too close while burning. I just want to set the world on fire.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Awww rifle would be amazing! second-hand-sword could be, too also thought that we might get a shuriken-shaped focus with foo-level abilities to match the nerf history :P jokes aside, shuriken-shaped focus with some long range/stealth skills and AOE utilities would be cool

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Awww rifle would be amazing! :D second-hand-sword could be, too :) also thought that we might get a shuriken-shaped focus with foo-level abilities to match the nerf history :P jokes aside, shuriken-shaped focus with some long range/stealth skills and AOE utilities would be cool :)

I like F—uu from Samurai Champloo ^_^

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Yeah our current spec is heavily built around being agile so id wager a future spec would be built around heavy stealth

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah our current spec is heavily built around being agile so id wager a future spec would be built around heavy stealth

Well the specs try to change playstyles. That means we need Tank Thief that hides itself in shadow armor made of fire and taking less damage for example. Shadowform redesign.

So then there’s Thieves who infiltrate with stealth and steal w/o being seen. Pursesnatches Daredevil Thieves who steal in plain sight and run away and then we’d get the bully Thief Arsonist that takes direct approach destroying and vandalizing everything during theft.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’ve been slowly coming up with something for a while as a suggestion and challenge to Karl – design something cool. I don’t think I’ll ever get around to writing in and balancing the damage coefficients, but I’m done with the design and premise and skills, and just need to finish traits.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

1st they will nerf the SA line to utter uselessness. Then bring a new line in called ninjitsu that focuses purely on stealth.

The following elite spec after we’re all ninjas for a year will be Loki. That will be revealed months following the destruction of the Trickery line.

SA is already in ruins – they can’t make the line worse.
And if anyone wants to argue that this or that trait is really nice: they all need stealth.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’ve been slowly coming up with something for a while as a suggestion and challenge to Karl – design something cool. I don’t think I’ll ever get around to writing in and balancing the damage coefficients, but I’m done with the design and premise and skills, and just need to finish traits.

I hope it’s not just for the 0.01% – I’m getting old.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Eh?
/characters
/“flood control” for complaining about HoT

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Jana.6831

You’re an elitist – and I hope the devs don’t copy and paste your ideas (again) of how a thief should play.

ETA: Just plain observation, no insult.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

They should make a spec named Mastermind, a rifle thief that focuses on summoning minions, and then stealthing.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Daedric.6912

Daedric.6912

Nr.1 : Rifle ( Gunslinger Elite spec ) Medium-Long range centric.

Elite skill being shadowy thieves lining up behind you and next to you like a firing squad with rifles.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

It would break stuns and jack the last heal/utility/elite spell that was cast by the target.

So…what would they do in PvE?

I should be writing.

Next thief elite!

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763