No valid path to target

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

I like how I loose fights because my port abilities cant find a “valid path”. Imagine if shield stance or endure pain didn’t activate cuz: “game says so”.

How about a checkbox option “well find a kitten valid path and port me to it because it’s better than this kitten storm that is here” for “No valid path to target” errors…… Or a 1200 range “Hard to Catch” style ability, anything but “sorrynotsorry”.

yes I’m angry

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Nenshoukarasu.6598

Nenshoukarasu.6598

they nerfed it because ppl were abe to get to places they weren’t supposed to get like for instance on top of walls in wvw.

but i agree with you…
the thing is it should work as long as you can walk to your target in a straight line without jumping
but the system is kinda buggy and sometimes it lets you port on top of a wall where stairs are either left or on the right site of it and sometimes even the smallest bumb in the road blocks you from shadowstepping to your target…

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Imagine if shield stance or endure pain didn’t activate cuz: “game says so”.

Ahahah that made my day ^^

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Not sure how it works, but it seems that they paint certain surfaces with a “no go” covering for teleports. That and small surface bumps can be a problem.

One frustrating thing is in the Colosseum on the home platform. There are random times when a teleport fails with no valid path on a supposedly flat surface. An example with the no go paint is the platforms above mid which need to be jumped on instead.

A favorite peeve of mine is even the stairs on the inside of WvW towers are painted “no-go” even though the enemy certainly can’t see the stairs from outside.

I wish the devs would insert a debug code into the game to report back no valid path errors. Then we could see the most common maps/locations with no valid path errors and maybe get a little bit of dev time on resolving them. I’d love to see the line in the patch notes “resolved pathing errors.”

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Maybe one day we will have a UI option to display the grid for pathing, who knows….

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

“A favorite peeve of mine is even the stairs on the inside of WvW towers are painted “no-go” even though the enemy certainly can’t see the stairs from outside."

The stairs… bottom of the stairs… left of the stairs… oh maybe somewhere around – nope… hah doesn’t matter now cuz I’M DEAD. Yes the stairs are truly a death trap.

Next time I’ll just stop what I’m doing, find a way to ask the enemy players to stop what they’re doing, so I can figure out a valid path from my location, then we can all resume our game play!

Edit New sig to show my support!

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

(edited by Khazik.8052)