No valid path to target

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target. No valid path to target.

Just kitten ing delete the thief profession. Please.

This on top of all the unwarranted nerfs. Why does this profession even exist anymore?

I can’t even use shadow step to cleanse a simple immobilize. Kill yourselves.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: AsiraasiB.7165

AsiraasiB.7165

I logged in just to say I support this message

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

simple. change shadowstep, infiltrators strike, shortbows 5, etc. to actual teleports rather than movement.

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

Kind of disheartening, really. I feel like a shadow step should be more functional and not have this error… It really breaks combat immersion for me, too.

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Why do thieves settle for Wal-Mart? Because there is no valid path to Target.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Why do thieves settle for Wal-Mart? Because there is no valid path to Target.

Now that got a chuckle

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

The simple thing that boils my blood everytime i try to be faster(actually use any shadowstep), Sometimes i just spam hearseeker to get somewhere faster cuz with failed shadowshot i get -6 ini and 0 distance traveled.

They changed something on Battle of khylo? it seems like i cant get to clocktower from the blue close point from beneath. It works only if i hit edge of it that makes it RLY harder to do when chased by rampaging zerker…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

I died countless times just because of this.. I made a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXx5eAkZNm8
It’s even more frustrating when playing S/x
Have to be fix, seriously..

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

(edited by Saku Joe.2857)

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Before shadow steps were reworked (greatly buffed) we saw less of this message for ports which visually should clearly succeed. This was because, if you couldn’t get to the target location, the game would just travel you up to the detected obstruction (usually an overpowered blade of grass or a giant boulder disguised as a grain of dirt on the terrain). The no valid path to target issues were still present, you just didn’t notice. We started noticing because that bit of code became bugged, and it seems ANet only just figured it out and said they will fix it so it works again with the release of HoT. In the same post they pretty much admitted that they won’t be making changes to remove the "no valid path to target" problem where ports should be successful, or fix the few positions where you can actually cast your port, have the validation deem it to be a valid port, only to have the result consume the skill and not port you with no error message.

So downside, it doesn’t appear that they even intend to try and fix it. Upside, if your port is deemed invalid, you should still travel part way to your intended destination.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So downside, it doesn’t appear that they even intend to try and fix it. Upside, if your port is deemed invalid, you should still travel part way to your intended destination.

And then use your 3rd dodge on DrD to cover the remaining distance. Isn’t the elite spec great. It fixes things.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So many times this happens to me on 100% flat terrain with direct path to target. Fricken game’s a fat liar.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

No valid path to target

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

So many times this happens to me on 100% flat terrain with direct path to target. Fricken game’s a fat liar.

Flat terrain? I think not. Amid every open plane, lies a deadly pebble.

Being serious now, though, it’s a ninja nerf. People complained about thief ports and wanted them gone while ANet had already reworked all ports to be stronger. Without ports, thief would be completely broken. A useless class. They had to create the illusion that we were still fine, while still keeping with the tradition and nerfing us in response to the cries of the lazy, want-one-button-to-win type of players.

Enter, the pebble.

ANet, secretly, buffed stones to counter us.

I’ll let you just take that in. You got ambushed, and your opponent(s) +1’d by, the terrain.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780