Not another nerf thread.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Seriously its not. I was just running with a guild group. 3 of us came across an enemy thief that was running pistol/dagger. We could NOT kill him. the 3 of us running hammer warriors along with a hammer guard pug that was running around with us. Everytime we got some solid hits on him he would stealth and reappear about 2 seconds later with FULL health. Someone explain to me how this is possible? I know there is a trait that makes you regen or something when you go stealth but does it really heal you that much? 4 of us could not kill him. Spamming roots/cripple/knockback/stuns/knockdowns everytime we got on him he would disappear and reappear a few steps away with full health. Either he was hacking or this is a build that seriously needs to be investigated.

If anyone can explain to me how he pulls this off?

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Seriously its not. I was just running with a guild group. 3 of us came across an enemy thief that was running pistol/dagger. We could NOT kill him. the 3 of us running hammer warriors along with a hammer guard pug that was running around with us. Everytime we got some solid hits on him he would stealth and reappear about 2 seconds later with FULL health. Someone explain to me how this is possible? I know there is a trait that makes you regen or something when you go stealth but does it really heal you that much? 4 of us could not kill him. Spamming roots/cripple/knockback/stuns/knockdowns everytime we got on him he would disappear and reappear a few steps away with full health. Either he was hacking or this is a build that seriously needs to be investigated.

If anyone can explain to me how he pulls this off?

Was he using a pistol or dagger in his main hand?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: magicthighs.5372

magicthighs.5372

Did he manage to kill anyone?

Regina Dentata (Guardian)
Melenkurion Abathas (Thief)
Desolation (EU)

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Iove.3902

Iove.3902

He wasn’t hacking he is playing a stealth spec. There are traits, that sacrifice damage and mobility, to allow the Thief to regerante HP while in stealth. He could also be using Steal Life food/sigils/runes.

If you know nothing of your enemies you are not going to defeat them.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

If you use the shadow arts trait line you can get 5 seconds of regeneration when you stealth and regenerate health every second while in stealth. As said, there are also foods to improve your self healing. This grants the thief a lot of survivability if you can stealth often, the downside is that these P/D build rely on stealth for staying alive and damage.

Going with hammers may not have been the best option since you need to be within melee range, which means the thief can easily pull off CnD whenever he needs to. You should have countered it by using ranged weapons with ranged CC skills, such as bolas, and tried to burst him down.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

He wasn’t hacking he is playing a stealth spec. There are traits, that sacrifice damage and mobility, to allow the Thief to regerante HP while in stealth. He could also be using Steal Life food/sigils/runes.

I know about the trait but literally. Full health every time he came out. 50% up to full in what? how long does CND last? 3? 4 seconds? That seems like an outrageous amount of healing.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I know about the trait but literally. Full health every time he came out. 50% up to full in what? how long does CND last? 3? 4 seconds? That seems like an outrageous amount of healing.

Pretty much every class can pull that off, most of them are even way more effective (dps and control) wise doing so as a Thief.

Good luck fighting a leeching Wellomancer or a Bunker Guardian if you already have problems with a Thief.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Maybe he had +healing on his gear…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

Pretty much every class can pull that off, most of them are even way more effective (dps and control) wise doing so as a Thief.

Good luck fighting a leeching Wellomancer or a Bunker Guardian if you already have problems with a Thief.

K ive fought alot of stuff out in WvW. Ive been playing since launch. Ive never encountered someone that heals that much. I really dont think your understanding me when I say full health everytime he stealthed. There is no class in the game (obviously besides thieves) that can match that amount of healing in such a short period of time. SUSTAINED healing. He probably could have gone on like that untill we were all dead. the only thing that saved us was a zerg coming up behind us.

Bunkers are a pain but they never kill me because I can actually see them and CC them appropriately to interrupt/negate the majority of their skills.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

That isn’t from Shadow Rejuvenation.
At base 30 it heals 323. With Shaman’s 410. So 1200-1600 if you don’t attack in stealth.
With Shadow Protector regen gives 269. So 679 if that’s how they set it up. Which is 2716 in 4 seconds. Out of 10805 health that’s still not 50%. Mind you if his health was 10805. That’s really…low to begin with. Unless he was getting ticks from SoM or using Withdrawl while hidden it has to be an exaggeration.

The great forum duppy.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

At base 30 it heals 323. With Shaman’s 410. So 1200-1600 if you don’t attack in stealth.
With Shadow Protector regen gives 269. So 679 if that’s how they set it up. Which is 2716 in 4 seconds. Out of 10805 health that’s still not 50%. Mind you if his health was 10805. That’s really…low to begin with. Unless he was getting ticks from SoM or using Withdrawl while hidden it has to be an exaggeration.

Not exagerrating. Other people were commenting on how hard he was to kill as well in chat. Just absolutely stupid amounts of healing.

He wasnt glass. he was taking some sizeable hits. landed my burst ability on him twice. I mean you gotta take into account. 3 hammer warriors thats putting out ALOT of aoe damage in addition to the CC. All of us are running the build that makes our #3 skill apply a 1 second root in addition to cripples. This didnt seem to apply to him at all. I just dont understand how he was moving around so quickly and healing so much.

This is NOT the first stealth thief that ive fought lol. I usually just laugh at them. the second I smell a burst coming I pop endure pain or shield block then start my CC chain on them. He was pretty much negating all of our damage everytime he stealthed.

Ive seen a mesmer running around our BL last week using a confirmed hack. basically just teleporting all over the map freely (no skills used)

If people can do that isnt it possible they could do the same to maybe make it so when they stealth it takes them out of combat?

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinkyweed.1539

Stinkyweed.1539

My guess, and agreement above, is healing gear and healing build with condition dmg. I run a pretty heavy vit/tou/healing/cond and with a C&D (and patience) I get about 2500 hpts back, plus any regenerations I have going on.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

If he was using Signet of Malice + Regen Food + Sigil of Leeching + Leeching Venoms + Shadow Rejuv, I could see that kind of healing happening intermittently, but not to 100% every time he unstealthed.

Sounds like hax or dev-trolling to be honest.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Signet of Malice, or Withdraw have a short cooldown, with small health-bubble and +healing gear plus the healing from Shadow’s Rejuvenation that could easily add up to half his health-bubble. He’d probably have lots of toughness as well.

You can not go out of combat by just stealthing, you have to move away from your opponent, just like anyone else. Unless he found some glitch or exploit…. to teleport out of range, but then you’d drop out of combat as well, I think.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Alex.6940

If shadow’s rejuvenation heals for ~1600 hp in 4 seconds, shadow’s protector heals for ~ 1300, assassins reward should heal for ~600 hp iirc, then 5 attacks from sneak attack with SoM for ~700 hp and maybe 2 procs from omnomberry pie you would be looking at around 5k health.

If he only had 10k health and it took it a second to render it’s possible for him to heal half his health from CnD followed by sneak attack. It sounds like the thief was able to do this whenever he was in trouble though, which is where you went wrong imo. Prevent him from stealthing and you prevent all this healing that he relies on to stay alive.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Reese.6379

Reese.6379

Just curious because I ran into this almost exact setup from a guild, I was on Sanctum of Rall by the supply camp can’t remember what server it was I was fighting. I was running malice and I was landing just about everything I had on one person at a time. Not one time was I focused by all three that I recall.. I was also used Dagger storm and switched to DD right out of that to do death blossom, I was getting major health from this, I’m specced that way IMHO. The thing is I could not kill anyone, I think I downed one person, but had run away because you guys were aoeing over him. My only purpose was to distract that supply camp until I could get some help. This may not have been you guys but it sounds oddly familiar. Later two guardians and a ranger showed up, the ranger stayed way back, and I stealthed past the guardians and killed the ranger before the guardians turned around. The lowest I ever got was 50% health, one good burst could have got me. I only had two forms of stealth, I was maybe stealthed 30% of the time.

I am a bleed duration build, I got 20+ stacks on someone just about every time I engaged, and it wasn’t removed soon enough, you can’t let those things stack. It was just a situation where I was not dealt with the right way. It is not op I die easily to 2+ players on a regular bases if I do not run away.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

If shadow’s rejuvenation heals for ~1600 hp in 4 seconds, shadow’s protector heals for ~ 1300, assassins reward should heal for ~600 hp iirc, then 5 attacks from sneak attack with SoM for ~700 hp and maybe 2 procs from omnomberry pie you would be looking at around 5k health.

If he only had 10k health and it took it a second to render it’s possible for him to heal half his health from CnD followed by sneak attack. It sounds like the thief was able to do this whenever he was in trouble though, which is where you went wrong imo. Prevent him from stealthing and you prevent all this healing that he relies on to stay alive.

please tell me how you would prevent a thief from stealthing where 3 hammer warriors could not.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Alex.6940

please tell me how you would prevent a thief from stealthing where 3 hammer warriors could not.

You mean what would I do differently to having 3 people staying within melee range to prevent the thief from pulling off a melee attack?

As I’ve said, use ranged weapons with ranged CC. Don’t stop moving and dodge if the thief is going through the CnD animation, use area CC such as fear me to keep the thief away from you, even in stealth. The guardian has several ways to CC the thief and place obstacles in the way. Fear me + 3 people dealing burst damage alone will either kill the thief or deal a lot of damage.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

Did he manage to kill anyone?

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Combined with signet of malice + the signet trait to make it a 12 sec CD heal. I do this regularly.

~Shadowkat

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

You mean what would I do differently to having 3 people staying within melee range to prevent the thief from pulling off a melee attack?

As I’ve said, use ranged weapons with ranged CC. Don’t stop moving and dodge if the thief is going through the CnD animation, use area CC such as fear me to keep the thief away from you, even in stealth. The guardian has several ways to CC the thief and place obstacles in the way. Fear me + 3 people dealing burst damage alone will either kill the thief or deal a lot of damage.

you might be laboring under some sever misunderstandings regarding ranged weapons and melee weapons. especially in regards to thieves.

ranged weapon CC is all target based. yes you can fire it blindly, but just like shooting a gun in real life blindly, you are unlikely to hit your target. when thieves stealth they break targeting (the problem with ranged CC is starting to emerge. do you see how this works?), and lastly the final nail in the coffin of why ranged weapons are usually ineffective against stealth based thieves. thieves teleport, (shadowstep, whatever) so why would you engage a fighter, that teleports to you to fight and kill you, with a ranged weapon that requires a target lock to even hit them instead of a wide angle aoe crowd control weapon where you have easily 3 times a better chance to even clip them?

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Alex.6940

The thief is only in stealth is you let him hit you, aside from the stealth utility skills and healing skill if he used them. If you don’t let the thief pull off CnD then his time in stealth is very limited and therefore ranged CC and ranged attacks will work. Fear me is an area effect so you don’t need a target for that to work either.

The dps lost by going ranged is more than made up for by the amount of health you prevent the thief from healing. You can try and melee the thief all day long, but unless you can burst him down, he’s just going to CnD and heal through all your damage.

The thief has only a few ways to shadow step, assuming he brought them, all of which mean nothing if you just dodge when he uses the CnD animation, and these all have a considerable cool down. The point is to try and keep distance and prevent the thief from stealthing to heal. You can go melee him but you would have to try and stun lock the thief and burst him down.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

I have been saying forever that p/d thieves are the worst thing ever…more than bursty sword or d/d thieves. They are extremely hard to kill, especially with melee.

They are usually condition build though, they can pull enough to kill one person in a fair 1v1, maybe 2 if they are good. But….if they are fighting people with limited condition removal they can win ridiculously unfavorable odds fights mainly due to their lack of cooldowns. So basically if you don’t have limited condition removal in your build and/or have weak or no ranged attacks of 900-1200 range (d/d ele’s, staff+melee guardians..etc) you can forget about ever winning against a p/d thief no matter how good you perform. If you do, you might put up a fight…you won’t win either way but you might have a chance to tank his dmg until he gets bored.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: xyger.7349

xyger.7349

Yah, I’m a crit build, backstab burst damage cookie cutter build. I do use P/D sometiems (terrible terrible damage though, but really fun) and I used shadow’s rejuvenation, signet of malice, plus regen. When I went 1v1 I could heartseeker to the guy, CnD, Backstab, switch and use 3 on p/d and get away easily, landing around 7k damage. If I was low on health I’d heartseeker+CnD+1 on pistol,+3 on p/d. just in that moment I gained 500 from Signet of Malice, 400 from regen, and 900 from stealth. While evading a big portion of their attacks. The only ones I HATED fighting were leech necros or bunker guardians. kitten them. kitten THEM ALL!

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Reese.6379

P/D is not terrible damage if your condition specced. It is far from perfect especially when dealing with a lot of condition removal. It works well with dagger dagger or sb. With bleed duration you can easily get 20+ stacks and melt someone in seconds. They are not invincible like this guy described. If they had worked together they could have easily broight him down. If someone does not know how to deal with them they are playing into the game. Steal, cloak and dagger, and sneak attack. Stealth again caltrops on top of them, dagger storm, death blossom and they are at 20+ bleeds. If they get to that point they are dead.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

I play a P/D thief and I don’t know of any way to accomplish what you described. The life regen in stealth isn’t all that much… it adds up over a long fight but nothing like you described. As someone posted above me, it seems like the OP is excessively overstating the amount of the healing or the thief was cheating. 3 warriors should have easily been able to chain stun/cc a thief like that. This build usually suffers from a lack of stun-breakers btw.

Cheers

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Negated.4105

Negated.4105

Did he actually kill anybody?

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Running Stealth build myself, it realy depends the gear he has in the end. What I can make of your story is that he just was playing with you guys. He did not downed/killed anything. So prob he had some gear in HP etc. Base healing in stealth ( blinding powder ) last 3 seconds ( stealthspec 4sec ) Heals up around 1600 in my case. Shadow refuge will hit me back in health around 3k. (My hp is 17k) So realy or he went out of combat to ress him back and popped up, or the damage to him was not so high that it seems. Eather way very unlikely imo.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

If the real answer hasn’t already been given, I know it! A base glass cannon thief has around 10k health. Hide in shadows heals for about 5k. So if he uses that, he goes into stealth and emerges full health. Granted that can only happen once every 30 seconds, so perhaps the OP’s sense of time is a bit off.

I have a second theory if that one doesn’t work…he was working with 2-3 other similarly specced and geared thieves, making use of near perma-stealth and culling. My guild mates do that from time to time.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

you might be laboring under some sever misunderstandings regarding ranged weapons and melee weapons. especially in regards to thieves.

ranged weapon CC is all target based. yes you can fire it blindly, but just like shooting a gun in real life blindly, you are unlikely to hit your target. when thieves stealth they break targeting (the problem with ranged CC is starting to emerge. do you see how this works?), and lastly the final nail in the coffin of why ranged weapons are usually ineffective against stealth based thieves. thieves teleport, (shadowstep, whatever) so why would you engage a fighter, that teleports to you to fight and kill you, with a ranged weapon that requires a target lock to even hit them instead of a wide angle aoe crowd control weapon where you have easily 3 times a better chance to even clip them?

Regarding the topic of OP I would assume the thief is a pistol/dagger thief
This would mean he has maximum of 2 shadowsteps (45 and 50s cd)
He has 3 ways of stealthing: Blinding powder (40s cd), shadow refuge (50s cd) and C&D

If you play melee, the thief doesn’t even have to use any of his shadowsteps or utilities, c&d would do the job. You will never catch this thief unless he makes a mistake while drinking tea. (If it’s any comfort, he won’t be able to kill you unless you let him bleed you to death.)

Ranged however, if you play it well, he’ll used both his shadowsteps and stealthing utilities fairly fast after each other (for the sake of surviving). Your CC problem solved, kick his kitten

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

He managed to kill me. As i stated none of our stuns/roots/cripples seemed to have any effect on him. everytime he came out of stealth he was back at full health. Not exaggerating. We are an experienced gank group we know how to deal with stealth thieves. Stealth was not even part of the problem it was the fact that he seemed immune to CC and his healing was beyond anything ive ever seen before.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

If the real answer hasn’t already been given, I know it! A base glass cannon thief has around 10k health. Hide in shadows heals for about 5k. So if he uses that, he goes into stealth and emerges full health. Granted that can only happen once every 30 seconds, so perhaps the OP’s sense of time is a bit off.

I have a second theory if that one doesn’t work…he was working with 2-3 other similarly specced and geared thieves, making use of near perma-stealth and culling. My guild mates do that from time to time.

The fight lasted about 3 minutes. There was only 1 of them. This was at a time when the entire map was under our control we were just fortifying towers and camps. He wasnt even remotely close to being glass as he only just managed to finish me off before the zerg rolled up behind us and chased him away.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Reese.6379

I play a P/D thief and I don’t know of any way to accomplish what you described. The life regen in stealth isn’t all that much… it adds up over a long fight but nothing like you described. As someone posted above me, it seems like the OP is excessively overstating the amount of the healing or the thief was cheating. 3 warriors should have easily been able to chain stun/cc a thief like that. This build usually suffers from a lack of stun-breakers btw.

Cheers

Accomplish what? The stacks or the healing? The 20+ bleeds is very easy to achieve if you drop caltrops. The healing was greatly exaggerated by him. It was very likely the thief made it out of combat.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I think we are at an impass. Everyone here is pretty much saying that the scenario as you described it is impossible within legitimate gameplay. Either your perception of the events is incomplete, or the thief is cheating. I never jump to the assumption of the latter without evidence, so I must assume the former.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

There is no class in the game (obviously besides thieves) that can match that amount of healing in such a short period of time. SUSTAINED healing.

Thats really weird, since i run a Necromancer tournament spec in which i heal for around 3-5k health per second, which i can keep up without any downtime, forever. Additionally to the heals i constantly freeze, blind, bleed, remove boons from enemies, remove conditions from me and my allies and highly damage enemies, actually allowing me to win 1 vs 4 fights with ease, or at least hold points until my guildies arrive.

I have not once lost a point in sPvP with my Necro in over 30 tournaments with this build, and then people come along, telling me Thieves are OP, while I don’t even have to do anything when a Thief jumps on me, since i need around a half second to outheal the Mug/CnD/Backstab combo (which they can’t even pull of 90% of the time since i put down a AoE blind when a Thief approches me) of a full glass cannon Thief, just to kill him passively by AoE’s in 3 seconds, actually ment for some one else.

People just jump on this stupid Thieves are OP bandwagon, everytime they get pwned by a Thief, while it was actually their fault they lost, because they have absolutely no clue how Thieves work.

Thieves are nothing more than mediocre.

Their defense is bullkitten, their mobility is good, their damage is good, their healing mediocre and their support is bullkitten.
And you can’t actually get “all” the good things in together in one build.
You either have good mobility and damage, but crappy defense and healing and support, or you have good mobility and mediocre healing, but crappy damage, defense (besides healing) and support in one build.
That doesn’t sound OP to me.

To claim that no other class can achieve such high healing is just a joke, when i personally play a healing/toughness well Necromancer for sPvP, which does outperform every healing a Thief could possibly pull off, even tho I main a Thief outside of sPvP.
Why i don’t play my Thief in sPvP?
Because Thieves are a weak profession, and i would have to do twice the work, and have twice the skill to play my Thief just half as effective as i am with other classes versus skillfull players.

Thieves damage is OP?

I have a build for every single class in the game which has more damage than a Thief can pull off (while having more surviveability).

Thief heal is OP now too?

Well to bad, i also have better healing specs for nearly all professions than a Thief could ever dream of, while having at least the same damage and twice the control and support of a healing Thief spec.

Just start playing a Thief for sanitys sake.
Try out builds in high, skillfull play.
Test out what works and what doesn’t works.
Test out HOW it works.

Go back to your profession, and enjoy the easy mode.

If you loose a fight with multiple allies against one Thief, the worst multi target class in the game, then you really, really need it.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Neko.1860

Neko.1860

Just curious because I ran into this almost exact setup from a guild, I was on Sanctum of Rall by the supply camp can’t remember what server it was I was fighting. I was running malice and I was landing just about everything I had on one person at a time. Not one time was I focused by all three that I recall.. I was also used Dagger storm and switched to DD right out of that to do death blossom, I was getting major health from this, I’m specced that way IMHO. The thing is I could not kill anyone, I think I downed one person, but had run away because you guys were aoeing over him. My only purpose was to distract that supply camp until I could get some help. This may not have been you guys but it sounds oddly familiar. Later two guardians and a ranger showed up, the ranger stayed way back, and I stealthed past the guardians and killed the ranger before the guardians turned around. The lowest I ever got was 50% health, one good burst could have got me. I only had two forms of stealth, I was maybe stealthed 30% of the time.

I am a bleed duration build, I got 20+ stacks on someone just about every time I engaged, and it wasn’t removed soon enough, you can’t let those things stack. It was just a situation where I was not dealt with the right way. It is not op I die easily to 2+ players on a regular bases if I do not run away.

That was me, you were fighting me then the other 3 came up behind after you beat me cause i had my bloodlust stacking items out (rifle warrior) then you just perm stealth killed the ranger and ran off lol

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

There is no class in the game (obviously besides thieves) that can match that amount of healing in such a short period of time. SUSTAINED healing.

Thats really weird, since i run a Necromancer tournament spec in which i heal for around 3-5k health per second, which i can keep up without any downtime, forever. Additionally to the heals i constantly freeze, blind, bleed, remove boons from enemies, remove conditions from me and my allies and highly damage enemies, actually allowing me to win 1 vs 4 fights with ease, or at least hold points until my guildies arrive.

I have not once lost a point in sPvP with my Necro in over 30 tournaments with this build, and then people come along, telling me Thieves are OP, while I don’t even have to do anything when a Thief jumps on me, since i need around a half second to outheal the Mug/CnD/Backstab combo (which they can’t even pull of 90% of the time since i put down a AoE blind when a Thief approches me) of a full glass cannon Thief, just to kill him passively by AoE’s in 3 seconds, actually ment for some one else.

People just jump on this stupid Thieves are OP bandwagon, everytime they get pwned by a Thief, while it was actually their fault they lost, because they have absolutely no clue how Thieves work.

Thieves are nothing more than mediocre.

Their defense is bullkitten, their mobility is good, their damage is good, their healing mediocre and their support is bullkitten.
And you can’t actually get “all” the good things in together in one build.
You either have good mobility and damage, but crappy defense and healing and support, or you have good mobility and mediocre healing, but crappy damage, defense (besides healing) and support in one build.
That doesn’t sound OP to me.

To claim that no other class can achieve such high healing is just a joke, when i personally play a healing/toughness well Necromancer for sPvP, which does outperform every healing a Thief could possibly pull off, even tho I main a Thief outside of sPvP.
Why i don’t play my Thief in sPvP?
Because Thieves are a weak profession, and i would have to do twice the work, and have twice the skill to play my Thief just half as effective as i am with other classes versus skillfull players.

Thieves damage is OP?

I have a build for every single class in the game which has more damage than a Thief can pull off (while having more surviveability).

Thief heal is OP now too?

Well to bad, i also have better healing specs for nearly all professions than a Thief could ever dream of, while having at least the same damage and twice the control and support of a healing Thief spec.

Just start playing a Thief for sanitys sake.
Try out builds in high, skillfull play.
Test out what works and what doesn’t works.
Test out HOW it works.

Go back to your profession, and enjoy the easy mode.

If you loose a fight with multiple allies against one Thief, the worst multi target class in the game, then you really, really need it.

Did I even once say that thieves are OP? 9 times out of 10 when I come across a thief I roll over him like a train. I dont play glass builds. I stack toughness and power. Also I really dont care what your able to do in sPvP as this thread has nothing to do with sPvP or even bunker builds in general.

I described the fight accurately. I made this thread literally the second after he got chased off. Mainly because I wanted to know if he was doing it legitimately. Dont come in here and start accusing me of “Jumping on the bandwagon”. FYI I have a level 80 thief. I know the mechanics better than most of your so called “Band-wagoners”

As mentioned in this thread the build he was using pretty much laughs at anything that doesnt have heavy condition removal. But if you read what I said our survivability wasnt even the issue. It took him over 2 minutes to down me and in that time we had him under 40% life probably 6-7 times. He was never stealthed long enough to get out of combat so thats not even a possibilty.

The only explanation ive seen here that could even be a remote possibility was a heavy healing/condition/stealth build.

Are there any P/D stealth thieves out there that are willing to comment on this?

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

K ive fought alot of stuff out in WvW. Ive been playing since launch. Ive never encountered someone that heals that much. I really dont think your understanding me when I say full health everytime he stealthed. There is no class in the game (obviously besides thieves) that can match that amount of healing in such a short period of time. SUSTAINED healing. He probably could have gone on like that untill we were all dead. the only thing that saved us was a zerg coming up behind us.

Bunkers are a pain but they never kill me because I can actually see them and CC them appropriately to interrupt/negate the majority of their skills.

My D/D ele packs clerics gear and can pop to water and heal 80% hp in 4 seconds without casting active spells. The gear is a mix of greens and blues. In exotics I imagine the recovery rate would be pretty insane.

if it’s P/D then cloak & dagger is being used to stealth and that requires melee. ranged is your counter to that bunker.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Are you in Crystal Desert or Fort Aspenwood Server? Because they might’ve been me

EDIT: Wait nvm, 1 day ago, wasn’t me lol

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: MrZero.4730

MrZero.4730

3 people have asked and you still haven’t answered. DID HE KILL ANYBODY? In caps so that you see it this time. If he did not kill anyone but just ran around which is the point in this thread?

Glassheart – Human Thief

Aurora Glade server

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Tiesto.8105

Tiesto.8105

the 3 of us running hammer warriors along with a hammer guard

Did he manage to kill anyone? All three of you’s are using hammer – thats your problem…nuff said….

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Not possible to go from 50% hp to 100% each time he stealthed. With a max healing build you heal around ~400 HP every second in stealth. Seeing as he was P/Ding he was probably using CnD and his main stealth. That’s 3 seconds, or 1200 HP. Now unless his HP is 2400HP, there is no way he could have gone from half to full every time he stealthed, not the way you described it. Even if he had regen, foods, it still doesn’t add up. Something is flawed in either your story, or the thief player himself(hacks, exploits). More likely the first option

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

He didn’t just say each time he went into stealth, he said whenever they got him down to about half health he’d stealth. The thief could have Withdraw or Signet of Malice as heal ready every 15 seconds, or 12 with the signet recharge trait. It is not that unlikely it took them 10-15 seconds if the thief had high toughness and occasionally evaded some of their attacks.

I just tried in the Mists, without +healing I get 168 HP/sec from Shadow Protector and +323 HP/sec from shadows rejuvenation, that’s at least 2k for a full 4 second CnD. Add 5k from a healing skill and he’s healed 7k, which could easily be half – or more – of his full health bar.

(edited by frans.8092)

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Not possible to go from 50% hp to 100% each time he stealthed. With a max healing build you heal around ~400 HP every second in stealth. Seeing as he was P/Ding he was probably using CnD and his main stealth. That’s 3 seconds, or 1200 HP. Now unless his HP is 2400HP, there is no way he could have gone from half to full every time he stealthed, not the way you described it. Even if he had regen, foods, it still doesn’t add up. Something is flawed in either your story, or the thief player himself(hacks, exploits). More likely the first option

This. Even with shadow rejuv, and full deception utilities AND landing every single CnD (which would be your guys’ fault), it’s not possible to gain that much health back from stealth unless he blew his heal too, in which case it’s not available for another 30s.

These guys are annoying to hit, absolutely true. But definitely not impossible to fight. At their very worst, if you have condition removal and can dodge sneak attack, these guys won’t kill you and they may run away before you can kill them.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

OP, what server are you on?

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinkyweed.1539

Stinkyweed.1539

Without seeing a video or experiencing the encounter ourselve, we are working on assumptions. I play a P/D 0/0/30/20/20 with Shaman armor, shaman weapons and Cleric trinkets. My assumption is the thief was C&D for stealth with regen and cond removal and perhaps using Withdraw heal for CC removing every 15secs. Without knowing his build, equip and HPTS pool it is impossible to say if he cheated. My guess is he probably didn’t and was just using all the healing tools extremely well.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Reese.6379

That was me, you were fighting me then the other 3 came up behind after you beat me cause i had my bloodlust stacking items out (rifle warrior) then you just perm stealth killed the ranger and ran off lol

Yeah I had a feeling this was me in this fight. I was getting out of combat for the heals, granted I was also nearly tanking you guys for a while. I have 20k health and was getting some amazing bleed stacks on everyone. The ranger I killed was the only threat to me in that situation, so I blew everything to kill him and just ran off.

Some condition removal, and some timed burst from you guys would have easily got me down, or made me give up on the fight and run away.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Reese.6379

Without seeing a video or experiencing the encounter ourselve, we are working on assumptions. I play a P/D 0/0/30/20/20 with Shaman armor, shaman weapons and Cleric trinkets. My assumption is the thief was C&D for stealth with regen and cond removal and perhaps using Withdraw heal for CC removing every 15secs. Without knowing his build, equip and HPTS pool it is impossible to say if he cheated. My guess is he probably didn’t and was just using all the healing tools extremely well.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAqY4YlcmKPHfy5E+5EB3jkW0m6pgsjtTxV5KA;TABgyyuEcJ5S1liLKfMwIgxOjzH5MrAGBsXYGA

Copy paste in browser, it is a mix of healing and bleed duration. I had 25 stacks of corruption at the time. Wasn’t anything special, and I was’t using condition removal. I just jumped in and out of combat, let them split up and picked them off. One warrior was ahead of the other 2. I killed the warrior with bleeds alone, then stealthed to the ranger, and blew everything I had and killed him next. After thank it wasn’t really worth me stick around so I ran off and let the group that was on the way take care of them.

It was really a matter of bad setup for them on me, nobody was removing the bleeds, and they did not dodge out of my attempts to stack. I think it was a matter of confidence in numbers they tried to tank me.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Foss.4830

3 people have asked and you still haven’t answered. DID HE KILL ANYBODY? In caps so that you see it this time. If he did not kill anyone but just ran around which is the point in this thread?

If you read all of my posts you would have read that he killed me. I said it in 2 posts.

Im on IoJ. I believe he was from Crystal Desert.

Not another nerf thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Gusmaozin.4076

Gusmaozin.4076

Dude, theres “Assasin’s Reward” trait, that everytime he uses a skill that costs initiative he heals, there’s Signet of Malice, that everytime he hits he gets healed, then picture this: He stealths gaining health, then he gets out of stealth shooting you 4 times with the 1st skill healing again, plus the traits that heals thieves in stealth, plus food or boosters that grants regeneration. Here’s a simple explanation. I’ve done that before, I can make a build for you sometime.