Now I understand...

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Where all this hate for thieves is coming from.

For the first time in a long time, I took my mesmer for some WvW roaming. And my goodness, now that I wasn’t a thief, kitten thieves!

CnDing off my clones for stealth uptime, and SR before death to run and flee. I’ve done it so many times myself before, but now I can see it through my opponent’s eyes. I knew that if I could just get that sucker out in the open long enough, I could wreck them to the waypoint and back. And…sweet mercy, what hit me!? I was focusing on this ranger!

So. You know how every hater is like, “we hate stealth, thieves OP, thieves abuse stealth, no skillz, spam 2 all day, blah blah blah,” Well, it’s not the thieves’ fault. And I have two suggestions:

Option 1:
Give other classes a method to lose the targeting from their enemy. Even though I wasn’t playing PU mesmer, I was still semi-stealthy. Certainly not as much as a thief, but enough that I can be lost among my clones. But not every other class has a method to lose targeting.

Option 2:
Nerf everyone else’s damage!!

-nod nod-

This way, a thief can stay out of stealth at longer intervals and fight back. Besides, thieves can’t do much while in stealth. Especially condi damage, ya know? Condi is just OPness overload.

Personally, I support idea numero two.

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Lol,as a one who plays both mesmer and thief only,I can tell you that the love and hate betwin them is so so mutual.

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Someone help me: What’s the point of this thread? That the OP hates thief if s/he’s not a thief him/herself?

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Someone help me: What’s the point of this thread? That the OP hates thief if s/he’s not a thief him/herself?

The point of the thread is to recognize the source of ‘thief hate’ and educate people (both thieves and non-thieves alike) that nerfs on stealth is not the answer. All the hate and cries for nerf, are completely understandable. But frustration doesn’t justify nerfing a glassy class.

A thief needs stealth in WvW. (That’s not the same as saying they need SA, although it’s probably the smarter choice.) I’m likely singing to the choir, but hey, I wanted to share my two cents.

So next time there are pitchforks and a cry for “Nerf thieves and their kitten stealth!” we shouldn’t feed their anger and frustration with l2p, no matter how sincere it may be. Instead, we should sit down, nod quietly, allow them to vent, and politely reply. “Now see here, we’re not the culprit, we’re the victim. You, fine sir/madam do too much damage and force us into stealth. We don’t need to nerf stealth, we need to nerf your damage.”

This is totally not a veiled post in hopes of nerfing the dire condition meta. No pun intended.

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Option 1 – I have no idea how that would be achievable without giving all classes stealth.

Option 2 – This would change nothing in terms of how much thieves stay in stealth.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

If thieves would lose targeting which isn’t really the case (Necros, Rangers, Mesmers).
The current “meta” is S/D with no or 2 points in SA, so a lot of thieves are already running without stealth and without SR.

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

The point of the thread is to recognize the source of ‘thief hate’ and educate people (both thieves and non-thieves alike) that nerfs on stealth is not the answer. All the hate and cries for nerf, are completely understandable. But frustration doesn’t justify nerfing a glassy class.

A thief needs stealth in WvW. (That’s not the same as saying they need SA, although it’s probably the smarter choice.) I’m likely singing to the choir, but hey, I wanted to share my two cents.

So next time there are pitchforks and a cry for “Nerf thieves and their kitten stealth!” we shouldn’t feed their anger and frustration with l2p, no matter how sincere it may be. Instead, we should sit down, nod quietly, allow them to vent, and politely reply. “Now see here, we’re not the culprit, we’re the victim. You, fine sir/madam do too much damage and force us into stealth. We don’t need to nerf stealth, we need to nerf your damage.”

This is totally not a veiled post in hopes of nerfing the dire condition meta. No pun intended.

yup . . . basically this.

And most of the veterans in the forum have learn this . . .

And i will risk saying this . . . but having PU mesmer in your options i not very smart to come and complain about thief mechanics.

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Well to be entirely honest.

I’d really like to see at the very least some condition cleansing put elsewhere in the class outside of SA and Shadow Return.

Try against a good mesmer without either of the two. You’ll pretty much straight up die.

Now I understand...

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Where all this hate for thieves is coming from.

For the first time in a long time, I took my mesmer for some WvW roaming. And my goodness, now that I wasn’t a thief, kitten thieves!

CnDing off my clones for stealth uptime, and SR before death to run and flee. I’ve done it so many times myself before, but now I can see it through my opponent’s eyes. I knew that if I could just get that sucker out in the open long enough, I could wreck them to the waypoint and back. And…sweet mercy, what hit me!? I was focusing on this ranger!

So. You know how every hater is like, “we hate stealth, thieves OP, thieves abuse stealth, no skillz, spam 2 all day, blah blah blah,” Well, it’s not the thieves’ fault. And I have two suggestions:

Option 1:
Give other classes a method to lose the targeting from their enemy. Even though I wasn’t playing PU mesmer, I was still semi-stealthy. Certainly not as much as a thief, but enough that I can be lost among my clones. But not every other class has a method to lose targeting.

Option 2:
Nerf everyone else’s damage!!

-nod nod-

This way, a thief can stay out of stealth at longer intervals and fight back. Besides, thieves can’t do much while in stealth. Especially condi damage, ya know? Condi is just OPness overload.

Personally, I support idea numero two.

You didn’t fight thieves when you were on your thief?

Tiger