Now Inf Strike doesnt work right?

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

So, I just spec’d S/P for the first time in a long time, And Inf Strike is basically my major attack skill. Its just about the only way to get a few swings in without your opponent slipping away, or getting eaten alive by AoE’s.

So, now that I’m using inf strike very frequently, I’ve noticed at times, it doesnt fire correctly – I spend the 3 init, but my return circle appears below my feet, and I don’t teleport to my target. By “at times” i mean, on average, once per game. I’ve also tested and replicated it on dummies in the mist, but I can’t identify any sort of consistent situation or trigger that causes it to happen.

I’m inclined to believe its just another ANet kittenup, but in the interest of fairness, is there anything I’m doing that could be causing it?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Plaxy.4617

Plaxy.4617

Try assuring you have a target lock when using it. (the work around) think the auto targeting is messing up sometimes and acting like theres no target to charge too.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Edit: Re-reading your reply, maybe I misunderstood you – I’ve always had a target selected when it failed. Is that what you’re referring to?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Thief

Posted by: Arthrone.7964

Arthrone.7964

I can confirm this. Sometimes “shadow return” does not exist, so whole “Infiltrator’s Strike” works like shadow-step. It happens quite often lately. Last night it didn’t work around 30% of a time.

in Thief

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Thank you, im glad im not the only one having this problem. Before the patch for new maps and fractals, Iinfil Strike worked perfectly but eversince it’s been so buggy sometimes.

in Thief

Arthrone.7964

I don’t know if its possible cause, but I have impression that this is happening mostly after using flanking strike.
I will pay attention to it next time i play.

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

This is caused by the bad update time from the range indicator.

The strike is appearing at your feet because your current target is out of range.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

in Thief

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Infiltrator strike is affected by the bug of portal of mesmers, we need a patch.

in Thief

Arthrone.7964

This is caused by the bad update time from the range indicator.

The strike is appearing at your feet because your current target is out of range.

I must disagree. Distance between Infiltrator’s strike port circles were less than HS range in many cases yet it still behaved like shadow-step.

And this is occurring with different classes as-well.