OMFG Last Refuge.....

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Can we PLEASE PLEASE! get this changed or moved, it’s gotten me killed for the fourth time today. Got in a fight with four hostiles, was doing decent before taking a bad root and getting spiked… So i’m about 20 to 25% hp, go for a CnD to break my root while getting hit in the process. Mid-way through the CnD swing I see last refuge proc, heart sank as the CnD connects and drops me out of stealth.

Of course I died, three seconds away from having withdraw once again, which would have given me much needed distance and HP….

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

I am one of the few that will say this trait has saved me more than gotten me killed. However, I still believe that it should at least ignore the revealed mechanic.

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Stuff like last refuge shouldn’t proc reveal, and shouldn’t be effected by reveal, same with Instinctual Response, if you can’t control it, have it user friendly.

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

if ur using a condi build with high hp its really nice bc by the time it procs u have nothing left and its an emergency escape. but yeah in lower hp builds it really can be a curtain call for the thief. it does blind so there is a small chance u can recover but still.

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Or add a pulsing aoe smoke field, those are fun right?

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

yeah. im a thief and even i think black powder shot needs to be shaved a lil :P its so strong. makes a GS look like somebody ribbon dancing half the time. (nothing violent but looks pretty so to speak)

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I am one of the few that will say this trait has saved me more than gotten me killed. However, I still believe that it should at least ignore the revealed mechanic.

I’ve also had it save me a few times but it’s only ever when I’ve been using a tankier gear set or get lucky.

I suppose it might be intended that it’s only there to help you if the have the necessary stats to make use of it considering its tree but it kinda sucks there’s a trait that can end up messing you up.

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

It has gotten me killed at least 10x more than it has helped in the slightest

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

The good news is that with the new anti-stealth fields, ‘Last Refuge’ will finally stop killing us.

Suck it up, Last refuge!!!!! haha!!!

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Idk… last refuge always manages to give me a good laugh. Nothing like traits killing you more often than helping can get ya laughing.

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

yeah. im a thief and even i think black powder shot needs to be shaved a lil :P its so strong. makes a GS look like somebody ribbon dancing half the time. (nothing violent but looks pretty so to speak)

that’s cuz they were bad, not because bp was strong.
it’s like people standing in symbols kept hitting while getting retelled, then complain about symbols too strong or too big…

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I definitely like last refuge. It has saved me more than hurt me.

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

^^ ditto….ditto

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Maybe you should remember that you have it traited, eh?

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

It’s the first minor trait in the Shadow Art trait line. Therefore you cannot not have it, if you are investing for more than 5 points…
And people do remember, but it suck balls when you are at 40% HP, try to use a C&D and suddenly you get into 25% before it lands…

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

It’s the first minor trait in the Shadow Art trait line. Therefore you cannot not have it, if you are investing for more than 5 points…
And people do remember, but it suck balls when you are at 40% HP, try to use a C&D and suddenly you get into 25% before it lands…

It usually takes 1 good crit to drop me from 40% to below 25%. Heck, I’ve been dropped below 25% from 100% in 1 crit before (killshot from a zerg). Makes it very hard to play according to the trait…

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Perhaps you rely too much on CnD and this kind of thing is what naturally happens when you rely on something too much?

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

You guys need some better gear.

/justsayin’

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

OMFG Last Refuge.....

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

You guys need some better gear.

/justsayin’

I’m of the mindset of if I can pull off full offense (ie not getting hit), then I don’t need defense. If I die it’s b/c I messed up or got rolled over by a zerg. I like going zerker, it keeps me on my toes and makes me a better player b/c I need to pay attention more than some guardian in full pvt. Only problem is traits like last refuge that take the control out of the player’s hands and actively try to get them killed. It’s pretty kitten frustrating.