Official thief notes for Oct. 15

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Thief

Shadow Refuge: This skill now functions with the Hide in Shadows trait.
Shadow Pursuit: This skill now functions with the Hide in Shadows trait.
Blinding Powder: Stealth duration has been decreased from 5 seconds to 4 seconds when traited with Hide in Shadows. The skill remains with a base of 3 seconds. This skill is now a blast finisher.
Merciful Ambush: This skill now functions with the Hide in Shadows trait for the recipient of stealth.
Fixed an issue where some skills would remove the visual effect of stealth from the player.
Destroy Shadow Trap: This skill now has a 1.5-second cast time. It plays an effect on the thief and on the trap location when it is being cast. Added 5 seconds of regeneration.
Hide in Shadows: This skill now only increases Blinding Powder stealth by 1 second so it is consistent with the trait’s functionality.
Venomous Aura: Increased the venom share radius to 360.
Larcenous Strike: This skill now steals only 1 boon.
Body Shot: This skill now applies 1 second of immobilize. Reduced the number of vulnerability stacks from 10 to 5. Increased the initiative cost from 3 to 4.
Lotus Poison: The recharge is now set on each individual target that this trait triggers on. Reduced the recharge to 15 seconds.
Shadow Strike: This ability now has a distance skill fact that represents the distance retreated.
Withdraw and Roll for Initiative: These skills now properly remove immobilize upon execution.
Basilisk Venom: Petrify is now removed on stun break.

in Thief

Fade.7658

No mention of any changes to Shadow’s Embrace. Cross your fingers.

in Thief

Posted by: Valvador.4291

Valvador.4291

Wait, Petrify is now stun breakable? Wasn’t it before?

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Necro – [BanD]Nighnus the Black
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

The trait is called meld in shadows (not hide in shadows – thats a heal skill).. who makes these patch notes … ? Donty see Shadows Embrace nerf in notes, hope wont see it in game… Othervise im rly deleting my thief. Update done, the moment of truth…

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: multani.1452

multani.1452

yeah it’s nerfed checked the description in your traits. It’s now one condition at 10 secound intervals

“I got ten voices in my head and NONE of them like you.”
~Eliana Veilstrike~
Yak’s Bend (TBE)

in Thief

Karolis.4261

10 s internal cd …

in Thief

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Yep nerfed not mentioned, guess there’s a dev with a hate for thiefs out there.

As this change makes little to no sense whatsoever.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

soooo thief got a nerf and our other traits like improvisation wasnt touched??? kitten are you doing Anet!!!! I had my hopes that at least something would be done to boost some gameplay but all you did was tweak venoms and pistol mainhand.

Let the condition wars 2 game begin!

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Hmm but that internal cooldown of 10 s seems not to work, i still remove condis every stealth, pretty sure every 3s

in Thief

Fade.7658

I think the interval portion refers to removing conditions after the initial removal, while staying in stealth. So instead of removing 2 conditions if you sat in stealth long enough, you only get the one removal.

This is an attempt to nerf D/P thieves, but it’s hurting other specs as well.

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

I really start to hate how this game is managed.

in Thief

Karolis.4261

I think the interval portion refers to removing conditions after the initial removal, while staying in stealth. So instead of removing 2 conditions if you sat in stealth long enough, you only get the one removal.

In that case not a HUGE nerf, if we will be able to get rid of at least that singe condition every time entering stealth, still… this was uncalled for.

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

No nerf to war.
Brb reroll war.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

I don’t understand what’s the thought behind this intended nerf.

Hell, a Guardian can trait to cleanse 1 condition every 10 sec without doing jack kitten.

in Thief

Fade.7658

I think Anet’s thought on this is that thieves aren’t hampered by CDs like other professions, so a thief can remove 3 conditions in the time that Guardian can remove 1, due to initiative.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

so LS: nerfed
stealth: nerfed
shadow trap: nerfed
pistol main hand: meh

but hei we have a 360 radius on venom share … a trait placed in the wrong trait line and that doesn’t worth 30 points.

and the nerf goes on and on and on

gj Anet in your anti thief crusade.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Fade.7658

Also notice that nothing changed, from the time that a Dev posted in the general forum about asking for suggestions. Why bother asking for suggestions if you are going to do what you want anyways?

in Thief

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

Conditions are the only thing that actually killed me.. I dunno why Shadow’s Embrace got nerfed? Was this thought throught at all? Can a Dev please respond? =.=

in Thief

Posted by: sploosh.3601

sploosh.3601

I expected nothing and I’m still let down.

in Thief

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

the only bad change i see there is the Larcenous strike nerf, which i just dont understand. Boon-ripping is the main purpose of that skill, why didnt they nerf another aspect of it instead? tone down the damage or change it to 1rip+1steal. something like that…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Hurries and gets his jar

Can’t let these tears go to waste

Nevermind… rangers will be easy kill anyway…

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Valvador.4291

10 s internal cd …

I guess Rune of Lyssa is now mandatory with Basilisk Venom?

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I use to support Anet buying gems and all.

For real this is too much.

Thief have been nerfed since the beggining.

Any good profession but ranger can easily kill a thief.

I’am sick of this game, all the QQ in the forums to nerf thief while a warrior press 1,2 stunt lock and kill you in 1 second.

Stealth OP on thieves . . . come on a mesmer well traited is 90% of the fight invisible or teleported while all the clones still hit you like a truck.

WE DON’T WANT TO PLAY WARRIOR GET IT?!!

This is my first hate post but trust me it will be my last.

in Thief

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

the only bad change i see there is the Larcenous strike nerf, which i just dont understand. Boon-ripping is the main purpose of that skill, why didnt they nerf another aspect of it instead? tone down the damage or change it to 1rip+1steal. something like that…

What? alot of people, myself included, used it to simply gap close and evade hence why most would simply dodge out of the 2nd attack chain. Larc strike still does good dmg, be happy.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Thief

Valvador.4291

My other question is, who do they think spends 10 seconds in stealth? Are they implying that D/P Thieves are working as intended? Because I’ve been playing under the assumption that they are not.

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Valvador.4291

Also, is no one concerned about the Basilisk Venom change?

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Mist Pivot.8452

Mist Pivot.8452

Shadow’s Embrace…fuhhhh lol

Engineering, brutality, and thievery.
Blackgate since day one.

in Thief

Karolis.4261

hmm Shadows embrace still works as it did before … so what the fk with that tooltip ? want to give us heart attack ?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Also notice that nothing changed, from the time that a Dev posted in the general forum about asking for suggestions. Why bother asking for suggestions if you are going to do what you want anyways?

NO! They took one of my ideas! Lotus poison ICD per target reduced to 15 seconds!!!! That’s HUGE. HUGE!!!!!!
(/sarcasm)

Looking through it a couple of other traits may also have received stealth buffs. Bountiful theft and sundering strikes were the two I noticed (possibly). I’m not sure if they did actually receive buffs as I didn’t take them before and I won’t take them now.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

I’ve been testing Shadow’s Embrace in sPvP a second ago.. it still seems to do exactly what it used to do. Maybe we’re misunderstanding the tooltip? It’s very unclear to me.. but it still removes a condition every 3s in stealth. Either they messed up the nerf or we’re misunderstanding the new tooltip.

in Thief

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I never asked for this

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Thief

Karolis.4261

hmm Shadows embrace still works as it did before … so what the fk with that tooltip ? want to give us heart attack ?

It removes a condition every 10 seconds now rather than 3 :\

No it doesnt, works as before, just tested in spvp with cripple and bleed standing in dodgetrops. Both removed in single stealth duration.

in Thief

Valvador.4291

Better prepare yourself for the nerf. If they added the tool tip, they seem to be prepared for it.

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: aspry.6975

aspry.6975

Warrior Wars 2.

Do you even balance anet?

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Better prepare yourself for the nerf. If they added the tool tip, they seem to be prepared for it.

In that case starting to level my perplexity engineer.

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

This looks like a straightforward case of “Make the good stuff worse and the bad stuff better”. In other words, lots of stuff that people like has got worse and lots of stuff that people don’t care for has got better.

Blinding powder – not sure, may work ok
Destroy shadow trap – one toy less, we have to use it as it was intended
Venemous aura – less broken but doesn’t fix venoms
Larcenous strike – just plain worse, the dredge are laughing at us
Body shot – situationally useful, better than it was before
Withdraw and Roll for Initiative – a fix presumably?
Basilisk Venom – Is this elite skill losing its eliteness bit by bit?
Shadow’s Embrace – forces thieves into/out of stealth more often

in Thief

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What? alot of people, myself included, used it to simply gap close and evade hence why most would simply dodge out of the 2nd attack chain. Larc strike still does good dmg, be happy.

let me rephrase that:
I think, boonripping should be the main purpose of the skill, not the evade, damage, etc.. So i would rather see Anet nerfing it in another way than lowering the amount of removed boons. As i said, by nerfing the damage or the evade instead.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Hmm but that internal cooldown of 10 s seems not to work, i still remove condis every stealth, pretty sure every 3s

Nope, its works correctly.

How the discription say, do you remove 1 condition every 10 sec in stealth.
It dont said that you can remove only one condition in 10 sec.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

well thanks for making it easy for me! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to be able to play this game competitively as a thief but I guess A-net doesn’t want thieves to be competitive at all.

after 3 long breaks from the game, being the last one for 2 month, I can finally free some space on my hard drive.

also I will not visit this forum anymore since there is no way in hell i’m coming back to this game.

tata

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I expected to see some buffs for thief because they are pretty low on the totem pole for tpvp.

Disappointing IMO.

On the other hand, my warrior got buffed, if it wasn’t OP already.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

well thanks for making it easy for me! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to be able to play this game competitively as a thief but I guess A-net doesn’t want thieves to be competitive at all.

after 3 long breaks from the game, being the last one for 2 month, I can finally free some space on my hard drive.

also I will not visit this forum anymore since there is no way in hell i’m coming back to this game.

tata

See ya.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

This is by far my biggest complaint too. I have seen absolutely zero changes to what they said they were implementing after a month of feedback.

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Really great work on thieves. Seriously. You made the players feel like they shouldn’t play the game.

PS: More buffs on masterprofession warrior. Didn’t come as a surprise. Anet negative criticism shield is indeed firewalling everything.

in Thief

Karolis.4261

well i remove 1 condition every 3s in steath still.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

So the second part of the trait affects absolutely nothing except for Shadow Refuge?
Great job shaking up the condi-dominated meta ANet…

in Thief

Fade.7658

On a separate note, Blinding powder finally stacks blindness with Cloaked in Shadow, for a total of 14 seconds of blindness. I don’t ever recall seeing it last that long before.

in Thief

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Maybe there’s a 10s ICD between instances of stealth for Shadow’s Embrace. So still removes every 3 secs, but once you leave stealth the 10s ICD begins. I’m at work. Can anyone test that?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Shadow Refuge works fine as well….. atleast in sPvP. It’s 1 condition every 3s.

With D/P perma stealthing it’s broken actually because everytime I leap, I remove a condition.. I can’t recall it being like that.

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Maybe there’s a 10s ICD between instances of stealth for Shadow’s Embrace. So still removes every 3 secs, but once you leave stealth the 10s ICD begins. I’m at work. Can anyone test that?

I did test it in orr on poison field spamming mobs, it did remove poison every time i used cnd on it.