On the patch notes

On the patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Well it looks like Thief didn’t get all the love we were hoping for. Now before we all decide that it’s because Anet hates us, let’s at least see what happened.

Ele and Mesmer traits which have given us a really hard time such as PU and Blinding Ashes have finally been nerfed. This means that we will stand a better chance against these classes which have outperformed and destroyed us.

Pistol damage has been increased. While this does not make P/P entirely viable it does allow for some potential bursty builds with it.

Potent Poison buff. It seems like the potential for a D/D condition build is getting better now with the buff to Potent Poison and with Daredevil coming out, I feel like it might be a very interesting and viable build to run.

Expeditious Dodger will now give us increased Swiftness up time. I might not have to run Runes of the Centaur anymore hahaha.

So while none of these added the stuff we wanted like blind on CnD or FG buff, it did finally nerf the two most OP builds in the game currently which should allow us room to do more. Not saying what they did was enough but let’s give the current meta a shot and then we can decide if what they did was good enough.

I admit that I am a little disappointed in the balance patches on paper but I’ll hold off on deciding if it’s good or not after testing the waters for a bit. Sound off on whether you guys feel we’re performing a bit better or not!

On the patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Pistols need 1200 range. Period. The set alone would become an ACTUAL CHOICE if they were not 900 range. Seriously. The assassin class has no 1200 range weaponset? wtf is this prejudice

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

On the patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Well it looks like Thief didn’t get all the love we were hoping for. Now before we all decide that it’s because Anet hates us, let’s at least see what happened.

any love*

I don’t even care about the lack of balance changes for Thief. It’s the lack of basic bug-fixing and polish that infuriates me. They even went as far as to fix Engineer magnet but NOT fix Scorpion Wire. Very indicative of the standard of quality (or lack thereof) that they develop Thief with.

On the patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Pistols need 1200 range. Period. The set alone would become an ACTUAL CHOICE if they were not 900 range. Seriously. The assassin class has no 1200 range weaponset? wtf is this prejudice

Anet would tell you they don’t want thieves to have 1200 range sets because of our disengage.

That’s less of a decent reason looking at some of the elite specs and rev though. Rev has crazy potential range and disengage, and engi/ranger got some very mobile specs without really losing range.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

On the patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Anet would tell you they don’t want thieves to have 1200 range sets because of our disengage.

That’s less of a decent reason looking at some of the elite specs and rev though. Rev has crazy potential range and disengage, and engi/ranger got some very mobile specs without really losing range.

Thief disengage>Revenant disengage. That’s the difference. Thief can port away wherever they choose whereas Revenant needs a target or spam their dodge utility/staff 5 which leaves them extremely vulnerable.

Also I want to point out that S/D Thief for me has been performing really well. D/D Eles arent as bad to fight so far and Mesmers haven’t even been able to touch me.

So for me, this patch is pretty good as of right now. Though we did need some love in the D/D department.