P/D 2 and 3

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

I’m sure this has been discussed but i just switched to P/d so am curious

2- Body Shot – if i want a projectile finisher ill use dancing dagger – more damage + cripple – I’m not good enough to know to use Body shot if I have 3 rather than 4 initiative.

I think vulnerabilty doesn’t increase condition damage. No synergy with mainhand pistol. This trait seems poorly thought out.

3 – Shadow Shot – I suppose could be useful. If I’m in melee range I CND to stealth. I suppose might use if have 4 rather than 6 ini. I usually have 6 ini though since I’m P/D.

Maybe use if under revealed debuff but practically i don’t use it.

Suggestions – Body Shot – some sort of interrupt?

Shadow Shot – Maybe a stack of confusion for shotting them int he head?

Seems like 2 is totally useless and not a good return on initiative.

For 3 maybe I should try it but meh, I want to CND.

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Personally, I’d like for Body shot the possibility of ‘charging’ it for a more potent shot.

Thus, just pressing the button gets you the actual body shot. But If you hold it for 2-3 seconds, you’d get a more potent version (+damage? +vuln. stacks?) and a blast finisher centered around you.

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I like the 3 skill on p/d but rarely use it. pistol 2 is IMO a waste of initiative

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.4216

Rin.4216

Skill 3 is mostly for kiting melee foes, while skill 2 is a team skill more than anything. When with allies I can reach the vulnerability cap very quickly, allowing my team to quickly take down the target. Also, a few shots of Body Shots and a Shadow Strike can hit quite hard too.

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like 3 as is. It definitely has its uses.

Skill 2 is bad. The problem is that it is more aligned to a P/P set-up. So my suggestions:
—For skill 2- Remove vulnerability and instead apply poison for 3 seconds. This gives P/D players 2 conditions to work with and allows for some new build options (poison duration for example)

For P/P players, move vulnerability to Unload. Each unload cast should apply 2 stacks of vulnerability. In other words if they cast unload 3 times in a row, they would apply 6 stacks.

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Skill 2 is bad. The problem is that it is more aligned to a P/P set-up. So my suggestions:
—For skill 2- Remove vulnerability and instead apply poison for 3 seconds. This gives P/D players 2 conditions to work with and allows for some new build options (poison duration for example)

Oh my. 15 in DA you could stack up some weakness, so much sauce.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

2 is literally useless. 3 is great but there is almost no need to use it because in most cases it is just smarter to stealth.

The change to body shot cant happen because of pistol 4. Maybe more vul and less initiative. Shadow Shot having a condition attached was tossed around a while back or something. I know P/D was promised a cover condition but who knows when. I would love to see a buff come through here.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

P/D 2 and 3

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

3 is very useful but also very situational. Stealth isn’t always the answer and at times you just need to get out of the direct area to avoid dying. Perfect example is the ranger branch immobilize. 3 Hits that, teleports you back, lose the immobilize, leave the direct area where all the damage if focused on.