P/D Applying Confusion Without Interrupt?

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

So,

I was tooling around in EBG yesterday like I always do and I came across a P/D thief like myself who was messing with people.

He hit me a couple times from stealth with his sneak attack and I noticed that he applied 3 stacks of confusion on me as he hit me with sneak attack.

I have never seen this before. I assure you he was not interrupting me. How did he do that? I want to do it too

Thank You!

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

If he was asuran then Pain Inverter. Or x4 perplexity.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Valvador.4291

Valvador.4291

Rune of Perplexity? There’s plenty of kittens exploiting this, and it kitten es me off more than Permastealth, because at least when people are in Perma-stealth they aren’t fighting me.

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Necro – [BanD]Nighnus the Black
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

Hmm it must have been x4 Perplexity then. Does that apply 3 stacks on one hit?

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

it has a chance on hit and if it opens with pistol stealth move it does multiple hits so it has almost 100% chance to confuse you i guess.

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Are you sure he wasnt asuran? The x4 perplexity has a 15 sec ICD, so sneak attacks multi hit would only pric it once. Pain inverter is exactly 3 stacks.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Are you sure he wasnt asuran? The x4 perplexity has a 15 sec ICD, so sneak attacks multi hit would only pric it once. Pain inverter is exactly 3 stacks.

4X perplexity skill is 3 stacks of confusion, not 1.

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

p/d thieves can use the stolen Engineer skill http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Gunk as an Ethereal field for x5 confusion projectile finisher with http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneak_Attack .

I use this quite often when I have Throw Gunk, I love it. During stealth just un-target, throw gunk at your feet, target, and unload a sneak attack for 5 stacks of confusion.

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

“Rune of Perplexity? There’s plenty of kittens exploiting this”

What is the exploit? Or do you mean using it as intended?

in Thief

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

No no, he means exploiting as the runes are totally broken and everyone who uses them to chain interrupt is a noob.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

The runes don’t allow you to interrupt.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The runes don’t allow you to interrupt.

No, but if you’re a thief with and offhand pistol you can continually head shot people, which is probably one of the most broken things in the game at the moment. Depending on your profession and build you might be able to manage it somewhat (i.e. warrior with stability and condi immunity), but in other cases you simply cannot do anything because your action will be interrupted and you will just damage yourself.

Luckily it’s not much of a contributer in large scale fights, but 1v1 or even organized GvG stuff can really show how lame it is.

in Thief

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Yeah and I bet you use perplexity too… there’s a special place in the Fissure of Woe for people like you that "use perplexity for its intended purpose. If you need help making an ACTUAL build, there are people on the forums who can help you man.

in Thief

Posted by: Valvador.4291

Valvador.4291

I remember a few days ago I had thief charge me and I was excited. Oh boy! Fun thief attacking me! Time to have a fun thief duel, full of stealth, teleportation, and MORE!

As soon as he starts attacking me, I see confusion stacks just popping up EVERYWHERE. At this point I just pop stealth and leave. Nope, not even slightly interested.

Thief – [BanD]Valnilus
Necro – [BanD]Nighnus the Black
Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

No no, he means exploiting as the runes are totally broken and everyone who uses them to chain interrupt is a noob.

Or just a troll

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

Yeah and I bet you use perplexity too… there’s a special place in the Fissure of Woe for people like you that "use perplexity for its intended purpose. If you need help making an ACTUAL build, there are people on the forums who can help you man.

I’m sorry, but I am still yet to die to anyone using perplexity runes on any of my toons in a 1vX situation. Why? Because I can pay attention. The runes really single out the skilled from the not-so-skilled.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

No, but if you’re a thief with and offhand pistol you can continually head shot people, which is probably one of the most broken things in the game at the moment. Depending on your profession and build you might be able to manage it somewhat (i.e. warrior with stability and condi immunity), but in other cases you simply cannot do anything because your action will be interrupted and you will just damage yourself.

Luckily it’s not much of a contributer in large scale fights, but 1v1 or even organized GvG stuff can really show how lame it is.

Headshot does negligible damage, costs 4 initiative, and requires an agreement between the shooter and the target in order to actually cause an interrupt. Confusion does half damage in PvP, and the on-hit Confusion stacks from Perplexity have an ICD.

In other words, “lolno”. People who understand how this actually works usually aren’t crippled when fighting against it.

in Thief

Posted by: Hawkeye.9687

Hawkeye.9687

Guys after the patch I’ve noticed that when I play P/D in PvE areas, like the event at the Southern place of Cursed Shore where the dead bodies spawn worms, the Sneak Attack does a lot of interrupts. It happens occationally to other mobs too.Does sneak attack interrupts???. Did it was like this before?Has anyone else noticed that? It may occure at WvW but I don’t think so. But for PvE it does happen.I didn’t have Perplexity runes ,I just saw the mesage “interrupt” during the fights with the mobs. The sigils were Fire and Accurancy (maybe fire has to do with that). Check it .It may be a stealth buff.
I am not trolling.

Main : Thief – Shadowdancer X
Alts : Warrior- Mesmer lvl 80 [Piken Square]
Death is just the beginning

(edited by Hawkeye.9687)