P/D Condition Build 30 Deadly Arts

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Doesn’t need a big write up or anything don’t do the whole awesome name thing. The concept is still the same as before.

The build 30/0/30/10 http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|8.1m.h1j.a.1m.h5|8.1h.h1j.a.1h.h9|1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i|1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62|u000.0.u45b.a3.0|30.d|0.0.0.0.0|e

Traits-
Deadly Arts (IV,VIII,XII) Venomous Strength, Quick Venoms, Residual Venoms
Shadow Arts (IV,V,XI) Shadows Embrace, Infusion of Shadow, Shadows Rejuvination
Acrobatics III (Vigorous Recovery)

Gear –
Weapons – Giver Pistol, Giver Dagger off set is D/P condition sigil of corruption, sigil of energy (make up for not having 15 points in acro)
Armor Carrion
Runes – Lyssa (Nightmare would be optimal if you want the extra condition damage)
Trinkets- Carrion
Food – +40% condition duration, Apprentice tuning crystals

Utilities-Skale venom, Devourer venom, whatever else you like. Elite for roaming I use basilisk venom. Thieves guild in groups or duels.

Hard Facts
Torment goes to 10 seconds
8 second bleeds
20 secs of poison on steal
10 secs of weakness on steal
7 second poison from lotus strike

12 second immobilize <—- this is the killer if you stagger the devourer venom you can get 12 secs of immob. If you burst it all out then it looks to be about 8 secs you have to pay attention to the immobilization icon and apply when its about to run out to get 12 secs not really difficult to do.

Idea behind going 30 DA for P/D

Most condition builds for thief are 20/0/30/20/0 or 0/0/30/20/20 with focus on bleed duration.

I have a mesmer and wanted to test out torment to see how it works. The block on scepter can pump out 5 stacks of torment for 8 secs.

So I tried it on my thief was not impressed with it at all. 3 attacks duration is 5 secs meh. I was like poison is still the best condition.

Then I tried this out going all out on venom traits. The shadow rejuvenation can be swapped out to venomous aura in a 1v1 with venomous aura and thieves guild it is pretty much instagib throw on ambush o.O. Auto win in a duel. The condition pressure is just to much I almost feel like a necro people die so fast.

Torment is a straight DPS condition

I usually open with normal setup devourer venom which makes people panic when you can’t move for 12 seconds. Move behind them apply bleeds ensure I get a cloak and dagger before the venom wears off. Then apply torment once they are free because after you have someone immobilized for 8+ seconds they are going to want to move so the torment can do its work. Torment is also great when they try to flee and is usually up again by that time and you always have basilisk.

Anyway I have enjoyed this setup so far the best part is the 12 second immobilize though. With the 100% condition duration on everything the engineer gunk becomes pretty powerful also.

My base bleed is about 93 but it quickly gets to 100+ when might stacks start coming into play. Energy sigils help make up not having 15 points in acrobatics.

Pre patch the 2 classes I had trouble killing as a P/D condi build where bunker guardians and elementalist. With this setup they have definitely become killable.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Thief

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

Looks like a nice new condition build. The only drawback I see is no stunbreaker. Shadowstep would seem essential for the last utility if roaming, at least for my preferences.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

is this 0 in trickery? srry to ask but hate when people put 4/5 traitlines for a build. hard to read when quicklyu skimming. just a thought.

need more stealth option and stunbreak. no need for venoms as they suck here unless u r dueling then you want poison venom.

in Thief

oZii.2864

is this 0 in trickery? srry to ask but hate when people put 4/5 traitlines for a build. hard to read when quicklyu skimming. just a thought.

need more stealth option and stunbreak. no need for venoms as they suck here unless u r dueling then you want poison venom.

Yea its 0 in trickery. The stunbreak can be placed in the other util slot or you can also go with 1 venom like skale. I like devourer and skale because when you see someone immobilized for 12 seconds and how it causes them to panic and blow important skills its hard to give up. You also have basilisk for 2 strikes which causes them to blow skills also.

I always felt like for condition thieves you need more than just bleed basically condition overload with all the passives people run. Skale venom is a really good dps boost to condi damage thieves.

{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: markus.8631

markus.8631

Doesn’t need a big write up or anything don’t do the whole awesome name thing. The concept is still the same as before.

The build 30/0/30/10 http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|8.1m.h1j.a.1m.h5|8.1h.h1j.a.1h.h9|1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i.1f.7i|1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62|u000.0.u45b.a3.0|30.d|0.0.0.0.0|e

Traits-
Deadly Arts (IV,VIII,XII) Venomous Strength, Quick Venoms, Residual Venoms
Shadow Arts (IV,V,XI) Shadows Embrace, Infusion of Shadow, Shadows Rejuvination
Acrobatics III (Vigorous Recovery)

Gear –
Weapons – Giver Pistol, Giver Dagger off set is D/P condition sigil of corruption, sigil of energy (make up for not having 15 points in acro)
Armor Carrion
Runes – Lyssa (Nightmare would be optimal if you want the extra condition damage)
Trinkets- Carrion
Food – +40% condition duration, Apprentice tuning crystals

Utilities-Skale venom, Devourer venom, whatever else you like. Elite for roaming I use basilisk venom. Thieves guild in groups or duels.

Hard Facts
Torment goes to 10 seconds
8 second bleeds
20 secs of poison on steal
10 secs of weakness on steal
7 second poison from lotus strike

12 second immobilize <—- this is the killer if you stagger the devourer venom you can get 12 secs of immob. If you burst it all out then it looks to be about 8 secs you have to pay attention to the immobilization icon and apply when its about to run out to get 12 secs not really difficult to do.

Idea behind going 30 DA for P/D

Most condition builds for thief are 20/0/30/20/0 or 0/0/30/20/20 with focus on bleed duration.

I have a mesmer and wanted to test out torment to see how it works. The block on scepter can pump out 5 stacks of torment for 8 secs.

So I tried it on my thief was not impressed with it at all. 3 attacks duration is 5 secs meh. I was like poison is still the best condition.

Then I tried this out going all out on venom traits. The shadow rejuvenation can be swapped out to venomous aura in a 1v1 with venomous aura and thieves guild it is pretty much instagib throw on ambush o.O. Auto win in a duel. The condition pressure is just to much I almost feel like a necro people die so fast.

Torment is a straight DPS condition

I usually open with normal setup devourer venom which makes people panic when you can’t move for 12 seconds. Move behind them apply bleeds ensure I get a cloak and dagger before the venom wears off. Then apply torment once they are free because after you have someone immobilized for 8+ seconds they are going to want to move so the torment can do its work. Torment is also great when they try to flee and is usually up again by that time and you always have basilisk.

Anyway I have enjoyed this setup so far the best part is the 12 second immobilize though. With the 100% condition duration on everything the engineer gunk becomes pretty powerful also.

My base bleed is about 93 but it quickly gets to 100+ when might stacks start coming into play. Energy sigils help make up not having 15 points in acrobatics.

Pre patch the 2 classes I had trouble killing as a P/D condi build where bunker guardians and elementalist. With this setup they have definitely become killable.

Look interesting. Are you using this in WvW or just s/tpvp? I’m tired of D/P (since I suck) and was looking for something to keep me from deleting my thief

Thiefy [DDLG] – Devona’s Rest

in Thief

oZii.2864

Im using this in WvW you can still apply this to s/tPvP but you will fall short on duration for torment I think you can only achieve +50% duratin

{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I use this build:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|a.1m.h16.8.1m.h1i|a.1m.h1i.8.1m.hg|1h.719.1b.719.1h.719.1h.719.1b.719.1b.719|2x.0.2x.0.3x.0.2x.0.3x.0.2w.0|f5.0.u34b.f2.a3|30.d|0.0.0.0.0|e

I get my poison from Sigil of Doom. I don’t have to use a utility slot on Spider Venom. I can go with either caltrops or skale venom instead. I’d go with Nightmare runes but I don’t like PvE, so running dungeons for the runes is out.

Edit: Add 250 condition damage for sigil of corruption, which gets swapped out at 25 stacks.

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’ve got the same trait set up for PVE with a power/vitality/condition armor and adventurer runes (as my kiting armor set). It does a lot less damage than my main (beserker) armor set but the extra endurance from the adventurer works well with withdraw. I used to have nightmare runes but the fear effect was infrequent and usually counterproductive. I also was not convinced that the condition extension from the runes actually worked.

My build started as a venom based build but I now use the shadow arts more often for stealth. I still go back to venom sharing occasionally and it seems quite strong in the aetherblade retreat.

in Thief

oZii.2864

I changed a few things went back to 20 points in deadly arts trying that out now. I still have 100% duration so the biggest hit is not having the extra strike of venom. I’m trying full apothecary atm the dps loss is actually not that much between full carrion. Its about 4 damage on a build in full carrion armor and full apothecary (this is just armor) I’m trying out the shadow protector trait with shadow rejuve to see how I like it.

{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Yea its 0 in trickery. The stunbreak can be placed in the other util slot or you can also go with 1 venom like skale. I like devourer and skale because when you see someone immobilized for 12 seconds and how it causes them to panic and blow important skills its hard to give up. You also have basilisk for 2 strikes which causes them to blow skills also.

I always felt like for condition thieves you need more than just bleed basically condition overload with all the passives people run. Skale venom is a really good dps boost to condi damage thieves.

i use spider venom and 5 0 30 30 5 build so pioson and 3 init on steal works fine. just time the steal and spider venom right. plus you get blind on stealth and other condis so it works fine. eeven if they have remove condis you just apply 6 stacks right after in 1 sec :P the only way this build is no good is is somebody literally tries to make a specific build to counter it and that would make them VERY prone to dyign to everyone else

in Thief

Posted by: Icarus.1728

Icarus.1728

Tried your build, and it seems fun. Worked amazing against first few kills yesterday and a few today. Issue I am running into is the fact that mobility is crap, and the condition removal in this game is way over the top. 90% of my fights I do the combos and they just remove or are immune to the damage from them. After about 5 second the combos are gone and I am left doing a bleed tickle-fest for about 30 seconds.

Ran into a thief that was d/d too that healed through all the stacks of conditions in 1 stealth. o.O Same thing with Ele and Gaurdian, insta-removal in 1-2 skill combos, then they just nuke your face.

Any ideas on working around it? Love the build idea, just getting frustrated at the seemingly endless amount of healing and condition removal.

Edit: I am running full Apothecary and a combo of Givers and Apothecary on weapons. I added some Runes of the Undead to get more toughness and re-roll the heavy push of toughness into the build again. Currently at 15.5k health, 1.7k toughness, 800 condition (1200 buffed – 1500 in fight) and about 700 healing. I can hit people hard and take a beating because of the healing, just getting face rolled against 2-3 people or against condition removal like Ele.

(edited by Icarus.1728)

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

People are probably running more condi cleanse in the aftermath of the necro changes. Im noticing that they are far more prevalent (necros+condis that is.) Not a good time to run p/d thief imo.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

conditions will always suck because skills as:
convert all conditions to boons
remove all conditions field
etc. etc.

in Thief

Posted by: Stratos.4906

Stratos.4906

etc. etc.

This. I am in the process of changing my gear due to the ease of condition removal. It’s just too easy to mitigate the condition damage now. It was prevalent before but I am seeing my bleeds and poisons cleansed faster than ever. I will stick with p/d or go p/p but I am going to move away from focusing on condition damage.

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

etc. etc.

This. I am in the process of changing my gear due to the ease of condition removal. It’s just too easy to mitigate the condition damage now. It was prevalent before but I am seeing my bleeds and poisons cleansed faster than ever. I will stick with p/d or go p/p but I am going to move away from focusing on condition damage.

Is that to say you are going to focus on more of a critical/power build? I would be interested in seeing what you come up with in that respect.

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Stratos.4906

etc. etc.

Is that to say you are going to focus on more of a critical/power build? I would be interested in seeing what you come up with in that respect.

Yes that’s what I am saying. Want to try something different but the SB range change killed going that direction and I do not want to do D/D. Therefore I am looking at P/D and P/P builds that are not based on conditions. Going to be an expensive endeavor but if I find anything I like I will certainly post it.

in Thief

Fade.7658

I’ve tried P/D with a focus on power/crit. You will be mildly disappointed. Auto-attacks hit for ~900-1K, and Sneak attack was 2-3K. The semi-surprise, though, was Shadow Strike. It actually hit decently, anywhere from 3-5K, depending on target’s health.

It was fun to play, but it won’t have the stopping power you’d like.

in Thief

Stratos.4906

I’ve tried P/D with a focus on power/crit. You will be mildly disappointed. Auto-attacks hit for ~900-1K, and Sneak attack was 2-3K. The semi-surprise, though, was Shadow Strike. It actually hit decently, anywhere from 3-5K, depending on target’s health.

Thanks for the info. I am not looking so much at stopping power but balance. If I can balance good amount of survival with good damage then I can live with it. Either way it looks like I will give the P/P build a try first.

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

I’ve been trying critical/power P/D with some traps and venoms, in an attempt to balance some direct and condition damage. P/D could benefit from many traits spread across so many lines, that you could end up short changing your build trying to hybrid it too much.

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Fade.7658

I found that you can’t really get a good balance of power and condition damage, at least with P/D. You start lowering the direct damage to grab some condition damage, and the direct damage suffers quickly.

I was able to get passable hybrid results at around 70-80 damage per bleed, and maintain reasonable direct damage, but you get spread thin, and there are far better builds out there.

Your best bet is to use a good damage setup that has decent survivability if you’re set on a direct damage P/D build.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I run something similar, except it isnt a condition damage build, it’s a 30/10/30 S/D direct damage + 100% condi duration build (focusing on CC conditions like immobilize/freeze)

in Thief

oZii.2864

Tried your build, and it seems fun. Worked amazing against first few kills yesterday and a few today. Issue I am running into is the fact that mobility is crap, and the condition removal in this game is way over the top. 90% of my fights I do the combos and they just remove or are immune to the damage from them. After about 5 second the combos are gone and I am left doing a bleed tickle-fest for about 30 seconds.

Ran into a thief that was d/d too that healed through all the stacks of conditions in 1 stealth. o.O Same thing with Ele and Gaurdian, insta-removal in 1-2 skill combos, then they just nuke your face.

Any ideas on working around it? Love the build idea, just getting frustrated at the seemingly endless amount of healing and condition removal.

Edit: I am running full Apothecary and a combo of Givers and Apothecary on weapons. I added some Runes of the Undead to get more toughness and re-roll the heavy push of toughness into the build again. Currently at 15.5k health, 1.7k toughness, 800 condition (1200 buffed – 1500 in fight) and about 700 healing. I can hit people hard and take a beating because of the healing, just getting face rolled against 2-3 people or against condition removal like Ele.

Well the is kind of a problem with the build. Its venom focused but the problem is venoms take up utility slots so if you want ore mobility then you have to chose which venom you think is worth running. Skale is direct burst up front condition spider is slow killer.

You could slot SB to get some mobility if you do that I would take quick recovery.

{Thief}