P/D Perplexity Thief... Oh the fun....

in Thief

Posted by: Overlord.1035

Overlord.1035

So today, since this game has gotten boring and I’m pretty much just waiting for ESO to release, I did the thing I said I would never do. I changed my full glass thief into p/d dire perplex. I have always hated this spec since I believed it was extremely easy to play and required very little skill to kill people with. But, since I was bored I figured what the hell and spent 60 gold re-gearing into full dire with perplexity runes.

After full gearing up and re-traiting I went into eternal to do some roaming. My stats with full stacks are 2k toughness, 21k hp, 2100 condi dmg and since I am condi bunker no other stats really matter. My first solo fight was against a d/p zerk thief who appeared to be competent. I had been playing this spec for about 15 mins by the time this fight started and basically rolled my face along the keyboard and before I knew what happened the D/P thief was dead.

My next fight was a 3v1 vs a thief a warrior and a guardian. I targeted the thief first and pretty much ignored the guard and war since they did no dmg to my full tank spec even though the warrior had 25 stacks of bloodlust. I did not even have to dodge their attacks they were just irrelevant. With shadows rejuvenation and my high stealth uptime their dmg was negligible. After stomping the thief killing the other two was simply a matter of time since they would never be able to do anything to me.

My last outnumbered fight of the night was against two d/p thieves. As soon as they saw me one of the thieves refuged and instead of stealthing or trying to predict their movements as I would have to on my zerk thief I just decided to try to stand still and take their backstabs. They each hit me for about 4-5k each taking me to a little more than half life, and as soon as they were revealed I almost instantly condi bursted down one of the thieves. In a matter of seconds he had 11 stacks of bleeding 8 stacks of confusion and 4 stacks of torment. (he died trying to heal himself and taking 2k dmg from a confusion tick. The other thief tried to refuge his friend but I continued to faceroll the keyboard inside of it and soon got one loot bag. Instead of running as I expected him to do the other thief attempted to fight me and soon met with the same fate as his buddy.

So basically this spec is overpowered as all hell. I currently think it is not close the best 1v1 or 1vX spec in the game right now with almost no equal. I can do almost as much burst dmg as my zerk thief but with insane amounts of sustain and survivability. I had been playing this spec for less than 30 mins and was able to demolish these people who seemed to be somewhat not terrible in 1vx fights. This post not only applies to perplex thief but pretty much all condi bunker classes as they are all ridiculously overpowered. PLEASE nerf this spec. It was boring as hell to play and took almost no skill or thought in order to be successful.
TL;DR: Condi bunker classes, especially perplex thief, are insanely overpowered right now and need to be nerfed.

The Omnipotent(Guardian)Tragic Hero(Theif)
BAGS/HMMM

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

Bad enemies. Bad build. Good players beat u ezy.

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

One morning Pei Mei head of the white lotus sect was walking down a lonely mountain road somewhere in north china. And as he was walking down that road pondering with his unfathomable mind all the things ordinary mortals would not even dare pondering to ponder five shaolin monks came along the same road moving in the opposite direction as Pei Mei. And as they passed him Pei Mei in a unusual moment of generosity greeted them with the slightest of nods, what drove him to even acknowlege the meer existence of those monks I dare not guess at maybe itwas the spring morning sun or just a weird quirk of the old man’s mind. However the monks caught up in conversation did not notice the old man’s generous gesture.
In another fit of generosity Pei Mei did not imeadetly respond to this grave insult just paused on his way for the briefest of moments.
Later that day though he visited the shaolin temple and demanded the heads of the offenders be brought on a silver plate to his house by morning as recompensation for the insult, another unusually generous gesture.
The abbott however refused Pei Mei’s polite request. At that point in time Pei Mei’s generosity ended once and for all. The events ofthe following half hour and twelve mintutes are known among scholars as the first destruction of the shaolin temple and started the legend of the infamous five point palm pressure heart explosion technique….

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Dire and perplexity.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I too tried it – and it felt so wrong. No one has enough condition removal to keep up with what that build dishes out.

And on principle, I won’t play it. Hell, D/D glassy gives people more of a chance.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I too tried it – and it felt so wrong. No one has enough condition removal to keep up with what that build dishes out.

And on principle, I won’t play it. Hell, D/D glassy gives people more of a chance.

Stop blaming build and start blaming perplexity runes and dire gear. Ever wondered why it wasn’t added in sPvP? because its incredibly OP. And I have no clue why it was added to PvE (adding it to wvw same time since it uses same gear) since conditions has no place there either. So only use for Dire and perplexity became wvw and its very broken there.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

So today, since this game has gotten boring and I’m pretty much just waiting for ESO to release, I did the thing I said I would never do. I changed my full glass thief into p/d dire perplex. I have always hated this spec since I believed it was extremely easy to play and required very little skill to kill people with. But, since I was bored I figured what the hell and spent 60 gold re-gearing into full dire with perplexity runes.

After full gearing up and re-traiting I went into eternal to do some roaming. My stats with full stacks are 2k toughness, 21k hp, 2100 condi dmg and since I am condi bunker no other stats really matter. My first solo fight was against a d/p zerk thief who appeared to be competent. I had been playing this spec for about 15 mins by the time this fight started and basically rolled my face along the keyboard and before I knew what happened the D/P thief was dead.

My next fight was a 3v1 vs a thief a warrior and a guardian. I targeted the thief first and pretty much ignored the guard and war since they did no dmg to my full tank spec even though the warrior had 25 stacks of bloodlust. I did not even have to dodge their attacks they were just irrelevant. With shadows rejuvenation and my high stealth uptime their dmg was negligible. After stomping the thief killing the other two was simply a matter of time since they would never be able to do anything to me.

My last outnumbered fight of the night was against two d/p thieves. As soon as they saw me one of the thieves refuged and instead of stealthing or trying to predict their movements as I would have to on my zerk thief I just decided to try to stand still and take their backstabs. They each hit me for about 4-5k each taking me to a little more than half life, and as soon as they were revealed I almost instantly condi bursted down one of the thieves. In a matter of seconds he had 11 stacks of bleeding 8 stacks of confusion and 4 stacks of torment. (he died trying to heal himself and taking 2k dmg from a confusion tick. The other thief tried to refuge his friend but I continued to faceroll the keyboard inside of it and soon got one loot bag. Instead of running as I expected him to do the other thief attempted to fight me and soon met with the same fate as his buddy.

So basically this spec is overpowered as all hell. I currently think it is not close the best 1v1 or 1vX spec in the game right now with almost no equal. I can do almost as much burst dmg as my zerk thief but with insane amounts of sustain and survivability. I had been playing this spec for less than 30 mins and was able to demolish these people who seemed to be somewhat not terrible in 1vx fights. This post not only applies to perplex thief but pretty much all condi bunker classes as they are all ridiculously overpowered. PLEASE nerf this spec. It was boring as hell to play and took almost no skill or thought in order to be successful.
TL;DR: Condi bunker classes, especially perplex thief, are insanely overpowered right now and need to be nerfed.

They are going to nerf zerker and, depending on how hard they nerf, I may join the condi crowd. What’s your spec?

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Stop blaming build and start blaming perplexity runes and dire gear. Ever wondered why it wasn’t added in sPvP? because its incredibly OP. And I have no clue why it was added to PvE (adding it to wvw same time since it uses same gear) since conditions has no place there either. So only use for Dire and perplexity became wvw and its very broken there.

But Gearing and runes are part of the build, so that is exactly what he is doing lol.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Kincaidia.3192

I wasn’t blaming the build in particular. I think the runes are bullcrap. Going up against an engie and getting 20+ seconds of 12 confusion stacks, blowing shadowstep or something to clear it, and 5 seconds later getting another 8 stacks?

No thank you. It’s just as bullcrap on any other class. A warrior let me test with him, and his opening attack sequence put on enough perplexity to hit me for 2250 damage per hit. Translate that – 2 autoattack sequences for a thief takes about 2.5 seconds. That’s how long it takes to do 18k damage to yourself.

That may have been before the damage was lowered, but it is still a valid point.

Or imagine unload or pistol whip… It’s a bad mechanic, short and simple.

No, it’s not the build. It’s the fact that bunker condition builds require 1 stat to go wtf-damage, leaving the player free to stack both toughness and hitpoints, where physical damage requires power, crit damage, and crit chance – leaving ZERO room to stack either hit points or toughness. (and no, I don’t buy that you have to stack condition duration either – the natural duration with +40% food long outlasts the ability for players to remove conditions)

in Thief

Overlord.1035

They are going to nerf zerker and, depending on how hard they nerf, I may join the condi crowd. What’s your spec?

I don’t know if there is an official p/d perplex build so I just made mine up. I put 10 in the power line for poison on steal and the healing from mug. 30 into shadow arts for the condi cure, blind and health regen and 30 into trickery for the condi dmg and the interupt on steal. Weps and armor are full dire.

Yes, to everyone who says its just the dire armor and perplex runes I 100% agree they should be taken out of the game but they just add onto the problem of the condi bunker meta. It was just adding fuel to the fire to add these to the game and I believe P/D thief abuses them more than any other class.

BAGS/HMMM

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

First, if you’re waiting for ESO, why do you even care?

Second, the rune and sigil update will likely address this anyways, and even if it doesn’t you’ll be playing ESO.

That being the case, I started to wonder why you bothered to post about it, given your tenuous ties to Guild Wars 2.

Edit: This also is a nerf thief thread, so I’d take what you say with a grain of salt and question your objectivity. You’re either a Sandusky alt account, or thief isn’t your main.

Go ahead and read that as defending a class/build-whatever, but I merely see this thread as another venue for nerfing the profession.

(edited by Fade.7658)

in Thief

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

The word hyperbole comes to mind….and I agree, this is a disguised nerf thief thread.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Thief

Fade.7658

As the OP also posted this verbatim (cut and pasted) in the balance section, he is indeed merely a troll trying to get the profession nerfed. Zero objectivity, and likely mains a warrior.

I bet he went to the Sanduskel school of learning.

in Thief

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Stopped reading after mentioning ESO.

i.e. another “Everyone are better than me, so this game is utterly bad”

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

(edited by Tao.5096)

in Thief

Overlord.1035

As the OP also posted this verbatim (cut and pasted) in the balance section, he is indeed merely a troll trying to get the profession nerfed. Zero objectivity, and likely mains a warrior.

As I posted in the other forums as well my main is zerker thief and I love the profession and actually think it needs to be buffed in the current meta. I believe you are just a crappy player who is entirely reliant on overpowered specs such as this in order to be successful and do not want your build nerfed. I do not even have a warrior ( I think they need to be nerfed to hell too) It is just the dire condi meta with perplex I am tired of.

BAGS/HMMM

in Thief

Fade.7658

P/d is overpowered? Lol. I’m an average player, and I am betting you are the crappy one if you’re crying about P/d (especially since you profess to play a zerker thief, likely d/p – talk about cheese). I run Scavenger runes and do just fine.

The vast majority of complaints about thieves are about d/p, the exact spec I can almost guarantee you play. I’ll take being an average player (and even be accused of being a crappy player) over being a hypocrite any day of the week.

You and Sanduskel should get a room. You two are pees in a pod.

Edit: And judging by your post history, you are just upset about the change to ferocity and are lashing out at the cond specs you do not play. So pretty much if your spec is getting nerfed, then by hell, everyone should. Apparently, you have the right to defend your spec, but anyone defending theirs that doesn’t coincide with yours makes them crappy and defending an OP spec (hmmm d/p anyone?)

Overlord.1035 quote: “I DO NOT want thief to be nerfed I actually think zerker thief is a little under powered in the current meta.”

Apparently, P/D with perplex runes are so overpowered, that it’s a free win, yet the majority of thieves most people come across is d/p.

As I’ve said elsewhere, perplex runes need another adjustment, but p/d as a build is in a pretty good place.

(edited by Fade.7658)

in Thief

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

As I posted in the other forums as well my main is zerker thief and I love the profession and actually think it needs to be buffed in the current meta. I believe you are just a crappy player who is entirely reliant on overpowered specs such as this in order to be successful and do not want your build nerfed. I do not even have a warrior ( I think they need to be nerfed to hell too) It is just the dire condi meta with perplex I am tired of.

Opinion:

- a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
- a personal view, attitude, or appraisal

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

How to escape the clutches of a P/D Perplexity Thief:

1. Push your 180 button.
  2. Hold down W.
  3. There is no step #3.

They have no way to make you fight them.

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Didn’t realize this was a op troll thread I wasted valuable energy responding to this in the profession forums.

Anyway the op got pretty much the same answers here that he got there.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My little zerker S/D Thief just swats them away. ;/ I can just loiter around poking them and saving ini for removing conditions and pick a good time to jump on them and take’em out with immobilizes and stuns.

One thing about that build is it’s completely incapable of killing you at all if you ignore them. They’re like annoying mosquitoes.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Exactly. Has very little to do with the build but more or less the gear and general condition damage problems.

in Thief

Kincaidia.3192

@DeceiverX – you missed my post saying exactly what you did. I completely agree with you.

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

Why did you make such a long-winded post on something the entire community has known about for months? Even if plexity is nerfed and there is some sort of change to dire, P/D is still going to be a dominant thief set. Welcome to 8 months ago.