P/D Sigils and Runes?

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

So just wondering what are some of the most recommended Sigils and Runes for P/D Thieves? What should I put on my armour and weapons?

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

For solo use (WvW) depending on traits (max 30%) and expected food (40%), 1 Sigil of Agony (10%), then pick pairs from Rune of the Centaur (15%), of the Krait (15%), of the Afflicted (15%), or of the Mad King (10%) to increase bleed duration to match a multiple of 25% (because of the base 4 second duration, every 25% adds one second). Then push Condition Damage, Toughness, Power, Healing and/or Vitality (Carrion, Shaman, Apothecary or even Soldier), as long as it has no Precision (what were they thinking?).

For group settings you may be better off pushing Condition Damage rather then Duration as increasing duration effectively occupies more of the 25 stack limit.

(edited by frans.8092)

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Thank you, really appreciate it.

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

frans is right and put sigil of corruption and sigil of agony. or sigil of earth(if you’re using rampager’s set)… but i tried that rampager’s set. not worth it cuz low HP and low attack power, always critical hit but u hav 0% crit dmg so useless… id rather use Carrion! yes Carrion all the way!

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I run with 3 Afflicted Runes and 3 Krait Runes for +30% while still having good condition damage (from the +55 x2 on each tier3 of the runes) and 2 Sigils of Agony for total 50% (and 25 DA for 75% total). It works quite well for me and I highly recommend that combination for bleeders. Equiping a sigil of Corruption in your other set works well too but I usually prefer Sigil of Energy there.

Carrion equipment is great for bleed thieves. As frans said avoid Precission + Condition gear at all costs, that combination is garbage. Even for classes with bleeds on crits (and adding sigils for more bleeds on crit) mathematically most times it’s better to use Carrion to get the highest total damage, maybe some Necro and other very specific builds, but not Thief’s case so just avoid getting Precission (this is why I haven’t yet invested on Ascended Gear and I’m waiting for all known distributions to be available as ascended).

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Basically what the others have said for the runes/sigils

But for weapons, use giver’s weapons. 10% bleed duration as a stat for it, and almost nobody knows about it.

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

But for weapons, use giver’s weapons. 10% bleed duration as a stat for it, and almost nobody knows about it.

Problem with that is that with the setups mentioned you can already get 75% and only multiples of 25 will work for most bleeds. Aditionally Givers doesn’t add to Condition Damage AND wastes a second atribute line in precission, which is garbage for condition builds.

I see Giver more as a complementary for Berserkers/Valks using some non-damaging conditions to weaken and snare his target.

P/D Sigils and Runes?

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Problem with that is that with the setups mentioned you can already get 75% and only multiples of 25 will work for most bleeds. Aditionally Givers doesn’t add to Condition Damage AND wastes a second atribute line in precission, which is garbage for condition builds.

I see Giver more as a complementary for Berserkers/Valks using some non-damaging conditions to weaken and snare his target.

I use double Giver’s weapons and double sigils of agony. 40% bleed duration right there. The overall extra damage with bleed duration outweighs the extra damage you get with normal carrion (power and condi damage) weapons.