P/D Thief is op - not complaint thread!

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

I play p/d perplexity as I’m decent not pro and I have great success i beat serane a couple times around 3 and got beaten like 2 times which proves how OP it is a noob beating a pro like serane. It’s just so OP I’ll post some WvW footage soon.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

wouldnt use this to call something OP. many of these “pros” are not as good as you think. you seem them being talked about and on this platform bc they use twitch etc. i have won 1v1 tournements and you havent heard my name. points is ur not a nub. ur above average ….. cant use that to test a build.

i did an experiment the other day…. i loggedon warrior for the first time ever. had a build i borrowed from online…high armor high hp high toughness high attack dps (full zerk) high mobility high condi cleans and super high healing (uncomparable).

i took 2ndin points, only 20 behind 1st (then again i didnt even cap a node once…if i had i wouldhave crushed the competition)….. i took highest kills….best objective defender…best objective assaulter. basically the best in offense and defense categories with highest number of kills.

FIRST….TIME….PLAYING. i literawlly have had 0 games on warrior….no lvled up warrior. theres basically no way i played warrior. as i proved and did super well. now thats called NUB doing well.

thief isnt op…. used to beback in 2012.

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

I play p/d perplexity as I’m decent not pro and I have great success i beat serane a couple times around 3 and got beaten like 2 times which proves how OP it is a noob beating a pro like serane. It’s just so OP I’ll post some WvW footage soon.

P/D in general isn’t OP it’s the runes. Also, facing an ele while using p/d is an easy win. You choose to use the easy runes.. Also serane kills you almost evertime, stop trying to lie on the forums.

in Thief

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Can confirm. Perplexity op, not p/d. p/d is our main offensive condi set, so you get a lot of people saying that is is op, when in reality its something else. perplexity essentially just hands an already good condition weapon set another, rather strong, condition.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

kitten bro you beat serane a couple times. 2pro2goplzshow. Show me how to play thief =\

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Serane is Justin Bieber?

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Blessa.9257

Blessa.9257

serane iz just bad elamentalust i beat him no gear nd he whisp me like ‘hi nub y u naked pls clothes im srs’ im like ‘jk no ty i am winnar’ and he wont put in his vidio dat i beat him but idk perplex iz very balance u have 2 no how 2 time ur headshotz like CoD ur an elite snipr

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Making youtube videos or having a twitch.tv channel is what makes people “good” in the eyes of MMO players, not actual skill.

Imo playing classes in GW2 is incredibly easy and nothing to boast about. Mastering a class in GW2 is far easier than in any other MMO. “Skill” comes from situational awareness and group synergy. But those are universals skills, not class-specific ones.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I made an engineer in pvp a couple weeks ago, first match and I didn’t die once, top 3 for points, like 8 or 9 kills. All I did is run around and drop bombs…. had 0 help with the build.

I wouldn’t say engi is op because of that, just sayin some professions have kitten easy to play builds. Some way more than others (cough warrior cough).

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I made an engineer in pvp a couple weeks ago, first match and I didn’t die once, top 3 for points, like 8 or 9 kills. All I did is run around and drop bombs…. had 0 help with the build.

I wouldn’t say engi is op because of that, just sayin some professions have kitten easy to play builds. Some way more than others (cough warrior cough).

kittening engineers man. They don’t cease to tick me off. Are they OP? No, it’s just that being a thief’s direct counter for the most part, it kinda rustles your jimmies how they are just untouchable. Get near them and get hit with the condi train , choo choo mother kittens

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I’ve been playing it quite often since then, it’s just getting easier and easier to kill and survive. When looking at which traits I wanted to use, it was like being a kid in a candy store. It’s unbelievable how good some of them are both in theory and in action.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Making youtube videos or having a twitch.tv channel is what makes people “good” in the eyes of MMO players, not actual skill.

Imo playing classes in GW2 is incredibly easy and nothing to boast about. Mastering a class in GW2 is far easier than in any other MMO. “Skill” comes from situational awareness and group synergy. But those are universals skills, not class-specific ones.

After several months reading your things . . . i can say i’m your fan.

i wish this forum has more thieves like you =**

in Thief

Posted by: Turin.5243

Turin.5243

i did an experiment the other day…. i loggedon warrior for the first time ever. had a build i borrowed from online…high armor high hp high toughness high attack dps (full zerk) high mobility high condi cleans and super high healing (uncomparable).

FIRST….TIME….PLAYING. i literawlly have had 0 games on warrior….no lvled up warrior. theres basically no way i played warrior. as i proved and did super well. now thats called NUB doing well.

Wow Travlane, this is a great build, i just tried it myself in sPvP and pwned noobs face! I even think i killed Serene in one of the matches. I linked the build below for all curious warriors who want to rise to the top.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Wow Travlane, this is a great build, i just tried it myself in sPvP and pwned noobs face! I even think i killed Serene in one of the matches. I linked the build below for all curious warriors who want to rise to the top.

Sry mate, that is thiefs tree right there, not warriors. PHOTOSHOP.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yeah THAT one is pretty good too. still 0 0 30 10 30 warrior is more OP lol

in Thief

ShadowNinja.1238

kitten bro you beat serane a couple times. 2pro2goplzshow. Show me how to play thief =\

It’s ur thief build for p/d though….

in Thief

ShadowNinja.1238

P/D in general isn’t OP it’s the runes. Also, facing an ele while using p/d is an easy win. You choose to use the easy runes.. Also serane kills you almost evertime, stop trying to lie on the forums.

Oh yeah i forgot YOU WERENT AT THE ARENA YESTERDAY. I keep losing as d/d which d/d ele counters. And did you know elementalist has many forms of condition clear like ETHER renewal which serane didn’t swap to for some reason as well as swapping to water cures 2, dodging in water cures one, water 5 cures another, so I don’t see how ele is disadvantaged here…

And to the dude who said hes pro at warrior in spvp I have a couple words, Warrior and I’m talking about wvw not spvp… Warrior broken in spvp…. Level a character to 80 get gear duel serane see who’s bad lol.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Thiefsmer? ahh. I see i see. Wait don’t i know you in game

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

wouldnt use this to call something OP. many of these “pros” are not as good as you think. you seem them being talked about and on this platform bc they use twitch etc. i have won 1v1 tournements and you havent heard my name. points is ur not a nub. ur above average ….. cant use that to test a build.

i took 2ndin points, only 20 behind 1st (then again i didnt even cap a node once…if i had i wouldhave crushed the competition)….. i took highest kills….best objective defender…best objective assaulter. basically the best in offense and defense categories with highest number of kills.

omg I like what you did there. So I have to ask if you enjoyed the warrior and will you play him again? I have to ask. I’ve been playing an ele since beta1 and just started a thief, level 28 now. I am having such a fun time playing this class I can’t believe it.

Sorry for the ninja of the thread guys. Nothing else to see here. Move along.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

I thought your build was P/P….

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

after playing thief from the start and all the builds out there and some from my own i can surely say that none of the thief builds are OP
some may give you advantage over other classes builds but not all of them
to be OP you must play it right and basically know the other player class, build and rotations and know your limitations
gw2 is not about the best build rather the best player
p/d is all about being patient and with perplexity give you bit/some advantage over fast skills rotation build like d/d or engineer.

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Oh yeah i forgot YOU WERENT AT THE ARENA YESTERDAY. I keep losing as d/d which d/d ele counters. And did you know elementalist has many forms of condition clear like ETHER renewal which serane didn’t swap to for some reason as well as swapping to water cures 2, dodging in water cures one, water 5 cures another, so I don’t see how ele is disadvantaged here…

And to the dude who said hes pro at warrior in spvp I have a couple words, Warrior and I’m talking about wvw not spvp… Warrior broken in spvp…. Level a character to 80 get gear duel serane see who’s bad lol.

Bro, do you even play ele? You must not because it really doesn’t matter what you clear, you will have those conditions right back on you in a couple seconds. To your “why he didn’t use ether” question here’s the answer, if you’re a perplex thief you have access to a lot of interrupts so ether is pointless.

in Thief

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

Ok everyone. Show is over. OP is a known awful player and forum troll. Nothing to see here.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Ok everyone. Show is over. OP is a known awful player and forum troll. Nothing to see here.

Agreed.

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It’s not impossible as a D/D Ele to kill a P/D thief but it is a hard fight. No D/D ele in their right mind will use ether renewal against a P/D perp thief at least not fighting a decent one.

This sits in the realm of melee vs ranged which is why D/D ele vs necro is a very hard fight you need to get into melee for damage same happens in P/D perp vs D/D Ele. It’s not impossible but it isn’t a easy fight for D/D ele by any means. If you are patient and abuse body shot when needed as P/D you shouldn’t lose to tbh.

Hey Amon

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

It’s not impossible as a D/D Ele to kill a P/D thief but it is a hard fight. No D/D ele in their right mind will use ether renewal against a P/D perp thief at least not fighting a decent one.

This sits in the realm of melee vs ranged which is why D/D ele vs necro is a very hard fight you need to get into melee for damage same happens in P/D perp vs D/D Ele. It’s not impossible but it isn’t a easy fight for D/D ele by any means. If you are patient and abuse body shot when needed as P/D you shouldn’t lose to tbh.

Hey Amon

Hi.

in Thief

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Your knowledge of elementalist is fairly bad.

D/D ele doesn’t counter Thief. The only way the ele will survive more than a few back stabs is if they are in some way bunker. In which they will not have much damage to even hurt a fly. Ele has huge sacrifice to surive.

ER is a very subpar heal and a decent D/P thief will interrupt it with #4 pistol. It has a 3.5 second channel, most good players will get it in the first 1.5 which really screws the Ele.

As far as removing traits by attuning to water, you have to trait 30 points into water. At that point, you’re bunker and your 1v1 ability is a nightmare (lack of damage).

Dodge to remove condi is seriously a kitten . Yes, it’s good from the outside looking in. But wasting dodge rolls in a fight to clear a stack of bleeds, cripples or poisons is crippling the Ele’s ability to survive.

Water 5 has a 40 second CD for one condition. The rate condi’s stack in this game, if you’re not bunker Ele. Your condition clearing ability is absolute kitten.

Please don’t try to hype a class you have a terrible understanding of.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

omg I like what you did there. So I have to ask if you enjoyed the warrior and will you play him again? I have to ask. I’ve been playing an ele since beta1 and just started a thief, level 28 now. I am having such a fun time playing this class I can’t believe it.

Sorry for the ninja of the thread guys. Nothing else to see here. Move along.

it depends. i like playing thief bc its fun and challenging bc the reason i win is bc i played very well…not bc i had a crutch. even if i go d/d signet build and backstab a player for 20k…. ill still die alot. there is equal risk to power on thief. however on warrior …. as i stated on another thread…i had never played or logged on onebefore. i did very well as the class can do everything well all at the same time which gave me such high score and highest kills. warrior is fun if ur just in the “hulk smash” mentality but as far as being creative and having to use your brain to respond to other players….a thief is much more fun. so if u wanna be effective at any team play…go warrior. if u wannd have fun and be yourself…go thief or engineer.

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

You know… i played thief and cap leveled it to 80 before i even played my ranger. I wanted to run a dual pistol build based on the gunner from final fantasy… heck i was so disapointed.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Converted and remodeled it for p/d

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

What are your reliable interrupts now?

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

What are your reliable interrupts now?

It’s just steal, but thats all you need, the build itself is strong enough. Can max up to 2400+ condi damage, 60% duration, 19-20k hp, 3-3.1karmor

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thiefsmer-Build-Video-Edited#post2745036

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)