P/D to cheesy

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

True or not?Myself i find this build in 1vs1 too stronk, expecially in WvWvW with Buffood.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Dunno, Only roam on a few class’s – thief being 1 so if I cba to fight them then I will just run off.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

As a thief myself i must say yes. Its also really boring(and easy) to play, so i changed back to power.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

cool story bro.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

1v1 is a supported and encouraged combat? Heard of rock,paper,scissors?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

As a thief myself i must say yes. Its also really boring(and easy) to play, so i changed back to power.

can play p/d power. but yes I agree, it is boring.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

As a thief advocate in general, I too agree this build is stupidly overpowered for how easy and boring it is.

Most people who ask me for my build/advice on the class usually leave P/D and are happy to on the basis that it is too easy and too boring.

But that applies to most things running dire conditions; the risk-reward is too low in general on these builds.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Meh, its only good at one thing: solo roaming in wvw, and even then it is pretty easy to run away from like PU Mesmer.

The set would need a complete overhaul to be evenly useable between wvw/spvp/pve.

And boring is a really subjective thing. You can easily make things less boring by just doing more challenging things, like jumping into a group of enemies outnumbered instead of picking off uplevels or 4-5v1 enemies in a mini-zerg.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

useless set besides some wvw roaming…. idk why people even bother playing it, it just gives you bad habbits

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Mister TaCo.8135

Mister TaCo.8135

I had a build like this in PVP, the drawback was it was pretty lacking in team fights, but it punished a lot of the current meta builds (d/p, s/d thieves; condie/ride the wind rangers; dps medi guards; rifle engi’s).

Here it is, there are flaws in the build, and it does have a skill curve to it.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAqY6alsMpppVOx7J8PNhNRtZFcAe3FbxFq5AEAA-TpBEwAGOBAp2foaZAAPAgHHBACHEAA

one of the drawbacks was that the secondary set (i have it p/p), is pretty useless and could be swapped for something like SB. This was also like the second version of this build so its still in theory-crafting stages. Its pretty much just a condi/burs build..

Main combo is , CnD > Venoms > Sneak Attack > Shadow Strike > Steal > Shadow Strike > Infil Sig > Shadow Strike repeat.

Insane burst, kills 90% of the classes out there and everything happens within 1-2 seconds.

Also, I’ve been meaning to test Shadow trap with its new buff in this build, as the 10 Might + invis on trigger is absolutely insane, however the kittenty shadowstep mechanic isnt. Wish it worked like mesmer portal.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

P/D was not cheesy when players used to run Carrion gears. With the introduction of Dire sets, it made it cheesy. Now you’re tanky plus the stealth and blinds, practically unkillable if you play it safe. You also have good sustain and condition burst. Very low risk and high rewards. I admit I used to play this set for a long time on my thief but I gave it up cuz it’s not making me a better player since it has so much breathing room for mistakes and it is quite boring after while.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

useless set besides some wvw roaming…. idk why people even bother playing it, it just gives you bad habbits

This is something that bothers me. Majority of condi P/D thieves are new to the class/not that skilled and the only thing that P/D needs to succeed is landing CnD (which many compensate with D/P as secondary). So how can those players learn the class if they use a set that allows that many mistakes and doesn’t require much in terms of timing/weapon set skill use.

We’ll just end up with half the thief player base having same skill level as an average pve ranger.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

It’s probably cheesy. But I don’t know every build is to some extent.

D/D is just stealth+backstab.

S/D is just dodge dodge dodge dodge BOOM HEADSHOT!

And of course D/P is just, “oh crap I got blinded…oh crap I got blinded again. Oh crap my skill isn’t working…oh crap where’d he go? Oh crap I’m dead…”

P/D is just stealth+pew pew. The only difference is that it’s more survivable.

I tried all of the specs in WvW except D/P and I’ve found P/D to be the most successful and the most fun (I like fighting over 3 people at a time) so I stuck with it. At the end of the day, my philosophy is just play whatever the heck you want, as long as it works for you. If that means getting called cheese, so be it. They can call you cheese as they glare up at you from their downed body.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

P/D is not cheesy . SA + bunker gear is chessy. Because there’s nothing wrong with zerker 26006 P/D.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This is something that bothers me. Majority of condi P/D thieves are new to the class/not that skilled and the only thing that P/D needs to succeed is landing CnD (which many compensate with D/P as secondary). So how can those players learn the class if they use a set that allows that many mistakes and doesn’t require much in terms of timing/weapon set skill use.

We’ll just end up with half the thief player base having same skill level as an average pve ranger.

The same as everyone else in all honesty. The thing about the thief is that you’ll never be a good thief until you play a difficult build poorly at some point and strive to overcome those obstacles.

P/D dire almost hands you kills on a platter without requiring much skill at all. Many people who have moved from P/D dire to another build will blatantly admit this. I certainly know all of the people I’ve helped switch to an aggressive D/D assassination/periph build have.

Nobody starts as a pro. Making mistakes and learning from those is how you get there, though. I feel the same about builds that go 6 deep into Shadow Arts; there’s a massive amount of crutch durability there that if one becomes dependent on, they become almost incapable of playing anything else.

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

So how can those players learn the class if they use a set that allows that many mistakes and doesn’t require much in terms of timing/weapon set skill use.

Repetition, by making the mistakes and learning from them. The nice thing is, ya usually get to skip the run back from spawn since you don’t die that much. Maybe after they master P/D they’ll start branching out to other sets or other classes. Or they won’t. But either way, practice practice practice.

If nothing else, just snipe yaks all day.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

P/D to cheesy

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

…there’s a massive amount of crutch durability there that if one becomes dependent on, they become almost incapable of playing anything else.

I’m sure you can beat someone with a crutch, if you try hard enough. And find something to lean on while you’re doing it.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast