So do you like it?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

And then he fought an Ele or Guard who knew how to play and instantly killed himself.

Although that applies to Rifle #4 as well :P

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I do kind of think that Deadeye should have some built in reflect protection. Like maybe they only take 25-50% damage from pistol and 0% from Rifle on reflected shots? I’d like some classes to have defensive counterplay without making the class completely suicidal.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Could just take the smoke wall utility if reflects are likely to be an issue.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

And then he fought an Ele or Guard who knew how to play and instantly killed himself.

Rifle projectiles are not affected by Reflect. Only #2

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Deadeye just makes the dual pistols work so well XD. Doesn’t matter if the other player “knows how to play” If the Dual Pistol wielder is equally good it goes either way.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

what is point of this?

whole deadeye trait adds absolutely nothing to dual pistol..
u basically playing a handicapted pistol thief but since unload is strong it doesnt really show.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

what is point of this?

u basically playing a handicapted pistol thief but since unload is strong it doesnt really show.

Only a few items in the deadeye tree are specific to the rifle. Everything else affects everything else.

Malice adds extra damage to all weapons in the thief’s kit that he can use while Deadeye is an active trait line.

Combined with “Be Fast or Be Killed” It gives you 4 seconds of quickness which increases the speed of abilities, lowers their cool downs, and the thief’s case increases the speed at which he recovers initiative.

Take Trickery which not only gives you extra inititive and initiative on steal. But it also gives you “Lesser Haste” which also gives quickness.

Take Roll for Initiative or haste. And you become a kittening machine gun thief. You’ll hit 42000+ damage in a span of three seconds.

For melee you’ll take either Sword and Dagger, Sword and Pistol, or Dagger and Pistol. Each one of these gives you a different style of play and a means to really ruin someone’s day when they get too close to you.

You have access to a blind in all of your weapon choices.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

If Mark worked without target, that initiative on steal would actually be worth something. RFI has been great for p/p when combined with the steal/init, if, and only if, you steal first. Otherwise, RFI takes you well out of range of your target. It’s like your target having a gap maker on YOUR thief. Also, with the Deadeye spec, swiftness is much harder to come by and maintain. That’s my chief problem with the spec. If you dare to go P/P and Rifle, you’re going to have trouble with movement speed without shortbow. And if you give up a utility slot for shadow step, you’re gimping yourself in other ways. If they actually made Mark not need a target, you’re trading your primary mechanic for the ability to proc boons with the profession skill. Not a good trade off.

Deadeye has a lot of potential, but it has some major design issues. I want it to work very badly, but I was disappointed by my demo.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

what is point of this?

Only a few items in the deadeye tree are specific to the rifle. Everything else affects everything else.

Malice adds extra damage to all weapons in the thief’s kit that he can use while Deadeye is an active trait line.

Combined with “Be Fast or Be Killed” It gives you 4 seconds of quickness which increases the speed of abilities, lowers their cool downs, and the thief’s case increases the speed at which he recovers initiative.

Take Trickery which not only gives you extra inititive and initiative on steal. But it also gives you “Lesser Haste” which also gives quickness.

Take Roll for Initiative or haste. And you become a kittening machine gun thief. You’ll hit 42000+ damage in a span of three seconds.

For melee you’ll take either Sword and Dagger, Sword and Pistol, or Dagger and Pistol. Each one of these gives you a different style of play and a means to really ruin someone’s day when they get too close to you.

Please stop talking about thief, you clearly have no clue about this game at all.
Quickness does not lower cooldowns, quickness does not increases initiative regeneration, quickness does not increases velocity of projectiles, just lower cast time.
Trickery is mandatory for thief literally since release, those extra initiative is unavoidable.
You are basically saying, “take something that is not rifle” in second weapon slot. Thanks sherlock, thank you.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

hopefully more players will use this build in pvp >:)
or who knows, even wvw!

bwahahaha

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

hopefully more players will use this build in pvp >:)
or who knows, even wvw!

bwahahaha

It was never easier to get a free kill

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

For some reason, reflects were broken on deadeye and you could not get reflected. Only blocked.

That made the elite feel a lot better than it would on pvp… and the fact that most engies/eles were busy using their new elites and didnt had the usual amount of reflects.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

what is point of this?

Please stop talking about thief, you clearly have no clue about this game at all.
Quickness does not lower cooldowns, quickness does not increases initiative regeneration, quickness does not increases velocity of projectiles, just lower cast time.
Trickery is mandatory for thief literally since release, those extra initiative is unavoidable.
You are basically saying, “take something that is not rifle” in second weapon slot. Thanks sherlock, thank you.

rolls eyes oh look a super hostile for a small error. It’s suddenly the end of the world and it makes me a bad player. I should totally stop playing the game and accept I am bad because some guy wants to walk big on the internet.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Leo, I think you can offer whatever advice you want. A newer player might find a new players insights more helpful than older players who don’t see why something isn’t easy.

That said, you are unmistakably wrong. Admitting that is not a judgment against you personally. It’s just a fact of life when arguing on the internet.

Warrost is, however, not on point. The point is that, for example, Steal Time is pretty solid ability. Three malice is a 60% duration increase for 3 seconds of slow and quickness. Quickness gives a deadeye (rifle or not) a decisive advantage over a slowed target. Slow is what consume plasma lacks. With traits this can also grant 10 might (300 power) or 200 power/precision while quickness is active generally. This means you can’t just compare it to the quickness you get from Consume Plasma because it is fundamentally stronger.

Who cares if aclarity isn’t what your getting? It’s much stronger in an attacking context than a generic consume plasma. The bonuses from Perfectionist will be automatically gained when Malice is maxed, which it often will be if your opponents aren’t all being insta-gibbed. Maybe consume plasma is better defensively, but that is context sensitive rather than an absolute rule.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Leo, I think you can offer whatever advice you want. A newer player might find a new players insights more helpful than older players who don’t see why something isn’t easy.

That said, you are unmistakably wrong. Admitting that is not a judgment against you personally. It’s just a fact of life when arguing on the internet.

Warrost is, however, not on point. The point is that, for example, Steal Time is pretty solid ability. Three malice is a 60% duration increase for 3 seconds of slow and quickness. Quickness gives a deadeye (rifle or not) a decisive advantage over a slowed target. Slow is what consume plasma lacks. With traits this can also grant 10 might (300 power) or 200 power/precision while quickness is active generally. This means you can’t just compare it to the quickness you get from Consume Plasma because it is fundamentally stronger.

Who cares if aclarity isn’t what your getting? It’s much stronger in an attacking context than a generic consume plasma. The bonuses from Perfectionist will be automatically gained when Malice is maxed, which it often will be if your opponents aren’t all being insta-gibbed. Maybe consume plasma is better defensively, but that is context sensitive rather than an absolute rule.

Wait malice increases the durations of slow and quickness?

EDIT: Just looked it up, stolen ability’s effectiveness is strongly dependent on Malice stacks. That is actually pretty terrifying. That also explains why you are not allowed to keep stolen abilities.

EDIT 2: And it’s fine. I just don’t like it when people start trashing on someone for making a mistake like they are supposed to live and breath the meta game. Even professional players make stupid errors, or don’t know about certain things in the games they play.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

saerni.2584

Oh I agree, meta isn’t the be all end all. I’ve been playing P/D as viable since almost the start of gw2. So many “historians” will tell me that isn’t possible because P/D wasn’t viable back then.

I just shrug and keep playing the game. They have their meta and I have mine.

Thief (Daredevil)

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

The Consume plasma argument ignores the fact you can only get that skill off a single profession.

You are not getting it off 8 of 9.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

what is point of this?

You would be wrong. I play dual pistol extensively on two seperate builds and tested in the beta. It plays differently but it certainly has its adds.

These are more damage against the marked taregt and significantly more.
A better steal not requiring you to close range yet get all the steal benefits traited for.
Better access to more boons such as protection and quickness.
Easier and more available stealth .
With that added stealth a much better sneak attack which has significant power damage component.

UC is certainly missed as are all the dodges but there are advantages.

P/P Deadeye Enjoy

in Thief

saerni.2584

Any ranged build will benefit from not teleporting on steal.

It is a disadvantage insofar as teleport can be used to reposition. That said, stealth is better for repositioning and isn’t as predictable as a targeted teleport. Overall I prefer Mark to Steal for that reason.

Thief (Daredevil)