P/P Thieves, use your CC abilities!

in Thief

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

This may seem pretty obvious, but I thought I’d post it. Doing Sorrow’s Embrace earlier, the guy summons golems which are pretty nasty. I mean, really nasty. [Head Shot] however, turned the tide of the battle. By foregoing much damage myself, but by using that to interrupt the golem’s crowd-wiping abilities, we were able to sail through it.

I just thought I’d let you guys know that abilities with “Daze” have a great function of interrupting and can be the difference between your party wiping and your party winning.

in Thief

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This may seem pretty obvious, but I thought I’d post it. Doing Sorrow’s Embrace earlier, the guy summons golems which are pretty nasty. I mean, really nasty. [Head Shot] however, turned the tide of the battle. By foregoing much damage myself, but by using that to interrupt the golem’s crowd-wiping abilities, we were able to sail through it.

I just thought I’d let you guys know that abilities with “Daze” have a great function of interrupting and can be the difference between your party wiping and your party winning.

Tried this but his anti-cc debuff made it relatively ineffective. Also tried using smoke screen to reduce the projectiles but his fireballs seemed to go right through it, even when guardian walls stopped them.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

That’s a bit bizarre, because I found headshot to be absolutely effective, and it did stop his special moves, most of the time.

in Thief

Devildoc.6721

That’s a bit bizarre, because I found headshot to be absolutely effective, and it did stop his special moves, most of the time.

It works but it puts 3 stacks of immunity to it on him so you have to use it 4 times for every volley of fireballs meaning you’re not going to get them all as you simply don’t have the initiative to spam it.

CC skills against bosses/champions are just dicey like that.

in Thief

Posted by: watter.5170

watter.5170

^ as he said, boss mobs have 2 types of anti-cc buffs. The first one (silver icon) states reduced weakness duration and 10% effective blind. The 2nd one (orange icon) has stack that make him immune to CC, but every time you try to CC, one stack goes away. When the boss has no orange icon, you can CC him as you please (any kind of interrupting CC. Fear, stun, knockdown, pulls, etc..)

With a coordinated group, any boss is ‘easy’ since you can interrupt all the big abilities.

also: smoke screen worked for me in the fire golem fight. I’d put it up right in front of a downed ally to rez them and nothing would hit us.

[TBH]Watter
The Brotherhood – Warlord

in Thief

Devildoc.6721

Hmm I’d put up smoke screen and fireballs just went right through it and nailed all of us since we were bunched behind walls

I have a hunch part of it is because it doesn’t put the wall in front of you but on you so we weren’t actually behind it. I really think I should be putting the wall slightly in front of me.

in Thief

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

But if i use mah CC i cant unload has much :<

anyone that runs p/p is to spam unload all day

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land