P/P Trapper useful?

P/P Trapper useful?

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I usualy main ele. But i try out warrior and thief to learn them as backup or when i am bored of ele :-).

I tired to do a build that fits me. D/P setup was nice but somehow not so much fun …

So i wanted a fast moving kiting build and came up with something like that.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVn0MBFmitNBmNBkmiFeCjrEkBGBzJwHYFU7M9DCAA-TphFAB+eIAc4EAY9+DgXGAgjAgAPAAA

I currently try a variant in WvW and have fun with it. The most anoying thing are shots that follow me in stealth …. I tend to die as a result of those …
Proved quite succsessful in kiting dragon hunters dead reasonable fast :-).
I might play more to learn it if this is fun to use.

The trait lines are more or less set and i don´t see how i might improve it there. Using trickery instead of shadow arts can be an option.
I know about reflects very well from maining ele ;-). So i can outplay engi and ele often.
Does the bug from" Meld with Shadows" not affecting trapper rune still exist?
So whats your opinion?

Greetings

Wolf

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

P/P Trapper useful?

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Just a few thoughts:

Since you don’t have much stealth access outside of traps, you might get more out of taking acro instead of SA and bound over dash. More stealth access, a damage increase etc. Up to you that.

If you take trickery instead, consider using draining/absorption sigils. They don’t have an internal cooldown, so they’re better as long as you can reliably get rid of stability (bountiful theft) and draining adds a considerable amount of sustain.

If shots tracking you are an issue, try taking smoke screen for blocking projectiles. Also gives you a nice way to set up a burst from shortbow, or to stealth when traps are on cooldown.

And as long as a build works for you, then do it. Most thief fights these days are basically about who has more stealth and who lands an interrupt first, so it’s nice to see less conventional builds being used ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

P/P Trapper useful?

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I don´t need huge stealth ammounts. It´s for “evade” and repositioning. I try something that is fast and has stealth as combat tool. With this setup i think i can´t remove dash.
Also i need stealth to regain some initiative and strike again. All initiative is used for unload and headshot. Using initiative for stealth would hinder me. I need to do damage and not use it for stealthing. It should be a fast ranged kiting build that constantly strikes it´s target not giving time to heal up. Keep moving is key and don´t go into melee! I will think more about trickery over SA. What i need is initiative to constantly preasure my target. When taking trickery i am concerned about loosing shadow rejuvination and also the cloak on steal. More speed is also very good for my playstyle. -25% damage in stealth and condi removal on top helps too…
Smoke screen might be a good option but removing the stunbreaker that blocks and gives endu all 12s feels like cripling me. Traps is what i need. It´s just great to put one down, gain 5 might and he vul, regain a bit ini and then shoot again….
As for shots tracking me. This is naturally because i strike and then try to reposition by putting down a trap to avoid the couterattack. And then they shoot the moment i put down the trap and go in stealth and the shots follow me while cloaked and runing in a random direction. Which not only damages me, it shows my new position …. I find this quite bad …. It´s not new but …

And i don´t care about metabuilds. I always do my own and beat meta with it. So Metabattle for me is to know what i need to kill ;-).

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

P/P Trapper useful?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I’ve liked the idea of P/P trapper. Your build goes Power, so you could even get away with running DH runes and be stealthless.

P/P Traps with Trapper runes makes me want to focus on Sneak Attack more than Unload. In that case Bound would be the better dodge for more Sneak Attack opportunities.

In any case P/P Trapper is a fun idea and fun to play, and sometimes that’s all you need.

Fishsticks

P/P Trapper useful?

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

vollun played pvp with pp with some success but no traps. instead he used normal traits with bound dodge. look him up on twqitch

Yo Hooj Jest Pole