P/P... Venoms... what if...

in Thief

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

many people find dual pistol a bit weak so i was thinking of a way to change that and here’s what i came up with.

in the deadly arts trait line, one of the grandmaster traits has to change.
one of them should increase projectile finisher chance. i have no idea to how much but lets just say increase by 30%, that would be 50% in total.

now venoms should be aoe’s like wells from necromancers. once activated it creates an aoe field at the thief’s feet. each venom field has its own unique condition like the venoms now have. people can shoot trough the fields for projectile finishers (unload) to fill their targets with conditions. ally’s can get stacks of venom by standing in it. (1 stack every seccond). this stack is a different condition than what the field itself pulses.

than we need a trait somewhere that drops “gunk” on the floor when you steal, automatically. this gunk should be created at the target of your steal, not at the place where you press steal. so after stealing you and your target are standing in the gunk field. (possible target for this trait is to just add it to the “improvisation” trait, or the “quick venoms”, or the “potent poison”)

now you have aoe condition fields to shoot trough and suddenly your a P/P condition pistolier or something. this works great with the deadly arts trait line since its power and condition damage. you can also make good use of the 25 minor trait Exposed Weakness: Deal more damage if your target has a condition.

i have no idea what to do with the healing and elite venom tho xD. maybe the healing venom could be a waterfield so you can shoot regeneration around for your team.

all in all i think this build is easy to ballance. if there’s to much condi preasure comming from this spec than they could adjust the projectile finisher % trait. it has nice synergy with steal with that gunk field. so people might go for a short cooldown steal.

let me know what you people think of it.

when thinking of this build i kept in mind that changing any pistol skills is not realy an option as this would mess up other builds. pistol 2 could change tho. just add the immobilize to pistol 4 when you hit from behind or somthing.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You stole my idea. :c

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Warrior longbow has a 10 point adept trait which makes its attacks have 100% finisher chance, even on their skill 2 which normally isn’t a finisher at all, and also on their autoattack which has 2 projectiles.

in Thief

Magische Boek.2530

Warrior longbow has a 10 point adept trait which makes its attacks have 100% finisher chance, even on their skill 2 which normally isn’t a finisher at all, and also on their autoattack which has 2 projectiles.

the 50% is just an example, also i dont think it matters much for the warrior because what aoe fields can they make besides the one on the longbow? this 50% on thief will have a much bigger impact than the 100% on warrior has.

I’m not arguing!

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

you are playing the wrong profession it seams…

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Interesting idea, but venoms should be venoms. You coat your weapons with them before a fight to gain an advantage against a foe; similar to traps.

On the other hand, increased combo chance on projectiles is a very good idea, and I can see this implemented as a master trait, either for CS or DA, which have terrible master tiers.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Magische Boek.2530

you are playing the wrong profession it seams…

no im not, im playing every profession. i just think that P/P on thief looks awesome with unload but there’s never been a good solid build with it. people complain its “just pressing 3 over and over” same as with venoms, “you press them all at once so your team gets all venoms and than your useless for 45 secconds”. this spreads out venom use.

Interesting idea, but venoms should be venoms. You coat your weapons with them before a fight to gain an advantage against a foe; similar to traps.

On the other hand, increased combo chance on projectiles is a very good idea, and I can see this implemented as a master trait, either for CS or DA, which have terrible master tiers.

i agree with you that venoms should be aplied to the weapon beforehand but the way this currently works just doesnt see much play. with that i think that throwing venom on the ground to create a poisonous area is still a good way of using venoms. if this wouldnt happen the combo chance on projectiles is kind of pointless because you would have no fields to combo with. also, what is CS or DA?

I’m not arguing!