P/P WvW Celestial

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Posted by: Caffeine.6724

Caffeine.6724

Curious if the thief community think’s P/P SB celestial would be viable for small scale WvW? Reason I ask, is I really like pistol’s, and in turn am very close to getting my Quip, and seeing as I’ve worked so hard to get the leggy, I’d like to put it to good use.

P/P was semi successful in Spvp, as people don’t expect the burst most of the time, I understand that it can be a bit lacking in the defensive department, but possible food/runes can make up for that in WvW? essentially, just curious on other’s thoughts. Also considered running heal on crit food, for maybe a bit of sustain.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

How are you going to take advantage of the healing power?

Carrion Armor + Zerk/Valk/Cav trinkets I think would be better

^ I run a mix like that using P/D + D/P where I can inflict both Physical and Condition DMG

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Caffeine.6724

Not sure, was considering the healing power would boost maybe the venom heal if I chose to use that, or even just the heal itself, otherwise the healing power would essentially be a waste I guess, unless healing power would affect the heal amount from the on crit heal food.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Caffeine.6724

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAqalmMJC/TmAog2OAru/c26Q45PKCA-TFDEABspuyaKNY4IAokyglUi5zmCJqShEHCg+0EIqSw20DAwJAgUAPNMC-w

Threw this together real quick, trait layout looks decent, would give me heals on venom use, heals from % of crit dmg, 4 heals from venom heal skill, heals from food. Power is a bit low, and am unsure if the rune choice is worth it, or will be overkill.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

going off of our traitlines and skills thief seems to be oriented around the possibility of hybrid builds, but going in a direction that’s viable is going to leave you with very limited choices. for hybrid builds p/d + d/p is pretty much the best you’re gonna get for the most part. p/d is pretty much irreplaceable as your source of condi damage, d/p being the best complimentary set to p/d (thanks to the stealth intensiveness of both sets). both p/d and d/p can hold their own offensively and defensively.

p/p sadly is mediocre for almost every scenario. there’s really only ever been one build i’ve seen actually make p/p work and it’s a niche spvp dueling build.

p/p just isn’t good enough to warrant using it over other sets. most everything can out damage it while being incredibly more survivable, making p/p worthless as a main set. p/p also doesn’t come close to providing anywhere near the amount of utility that shortbow provides making it worthless as a support/secondary set.

to actually be viable p/p needs to be changed so that it’s more than a one trick pony of just spamming unload, something that has been said for ages now.

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Caffeine.6724

Yea, I do know its a “weaker” weapon set than most, with that said, I could still seeing it being viable in a havoc grp etc, with rictochet, and possibly venom share. not sure how good the heal on venom procs are, but the venom heal has been amazing for me thus far.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

P/P WvW Celestial

in Thief

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Curious if the thief community think’s P/P SB celestial would be viable for small scale WvW? Reason I ask, is I really like pistol’s, and in turn am very close to getting my Quip, and seeing as I’ve worked so hard to get the leggy, I’d like to put it to good use.

P/P was semi successful in Spvp, as people don’t expect the burst most of the time, I understand that it can be a bit lacking in the defensive department, but possible food/runes can make up for that in WvW? essentially, just curious on other’s thoughts. Also considered running heal on crit food, for maybe a bit of sustain.

I messed around with a celestial amulet in spvp on one of my normal builds, except I added Bewildering Ambush and Potent Poison (they should’ve just named this trait Perma-Poison xD) for extra condi pressure. It was pretty fun to play, but not all that effective. You’re basically trading in a good chunk of your burst for multiple damage sources, but that also slows down the fight considerably against skilled opponents… and the longer the fight goes, the more of a disadvantage it creates for P/P builds.

Definitely give it a test run, though, and see if you can make it work.