P/P becoming viable - unload idea

in Thief

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

It’s quite simple.

Allow Unload to keep firing 50% into a dodge roll.

Looks sick, helps with the 1.75 seconds long cast and adds more versatility to p/p.

ANet pls.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Personally, I would just turn Unload in to a flip animation with evade frames, and shorten the cast time.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Unload is fine other than not doing enough damage to justify its channel time and lack of utility. They have to be careful, though, because it’s already stronger than Vital Shot – they really both need to be buffed and the set would be a lot better.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Unload is just a cool skill in the p/p set. The look/ the feel is just fun. Of all the sets this one needs the most tweaks. I like the idea of an evade frame/flip.

Vital shot I would like to see have an increased range. I see Vital shot as being a set and aim type shot where as unload a shorter ranged flurry of bullets.

Maybe drop ini cost on #2 by one for the immob. People will not spam it as they risk using the INI needed for unload, but would use it more often. In fact that lower ini cost on body shot might make unload more attractive even without changes to unload. IE body shot then get that long unload chain off. This would in fact give different sorts of benefits to those that have longer condition durations having chosen that over more ferocity.

One might also consider adding a percent change weakness added on an unload.

Up vital shot range to 1100 and keep it the same damage and I think it fine.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Razor.6392

Unload is just a cool skill in the p/p set. The look/ the feel is just fun. Of all the sets this one needs the most tweaks. I like the idea of an evade frame/flip.

Vital shot I would like to see have an increased range. I see Vital shot as being a set and aim type shot where as unload a shorter ranged flurry of bullets.

Maybe drop ini cost on #2 by one for the immob. People will not spam it as they risk using the INI needed for unload, but would use it more often. In fact that lower ini cost on body shot might make unload more attractive even without changes to unload. IE body shot then get that long unload chain off. This would in fact give different sorts of benefits to those that have longer condition durations having chosen that over more ferocity.

One might also consider adding a percent change weakness added on an unload.

Up vital shot range to 1100 and keep it the same damage and I think it fine.

Can’t quite do it because P/D exists.

P/D doesn’t care about wasting all their ini. Shadow shot is just a bonus for them.

Normally a dodge would 100% interrupt any channel like unload, what I’m proposing is that unload’s channel isn’t broken until at least 50% of the dodge roll animation is gone.

Level 60 pvp

in Thief

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s quite simple.

Allow Unload to keep firing 50% into a dodge roll.

Looks sick, helps with the 1.75 seconds long cast and adds more versatility to p/p.

ANet pls.

I like how you’re thinking outside of the box for ways to improve p/p, but I’m going to disagree with your idea. Being able to dodge-cancel your unloads is a very crucial part of playing p/p effectively.

It would look cool, though.

in Thief

Razor.6392

You would still cancel it, but you’d fire a little more before doing so.

I cannot think of a situation where you’d need to cancel so quickly that it couldn’t wait until the dodge roll is finished.

Another idea is reducing the cast time to 1.5 seconds from 1.75 while not touching the damage.

Level 60 pvp

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

An easy solution would be add an F2 ability to thief that is unlocked when you have two pistols equip. The F2 skill could be a shadow step/blink or withdraw like move to give then set the extra mobility it need because that all its lacking tbh.

Also you can only use the skill when two pistol are equiped so if you weap swap u cant use it and it should use initiative and have a cd like steal.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: CodenameZeus.3945

CodenameZeus.3945

p/p is perfectly viable. well. maybe not in PvP. I do like this idea though, since p/p has no form of mobility skills like shortbow 5 or shortbow 3. Maybe some skill that would allow us to shoot and then roll backward would be nice.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

imo p/p set need evade or stealth ability
using unload restor 50% endurance would be nice
using unload have a second skill which enable you to evade while doing 2k more dmg (buffing the unload dmg and evade – like the s/d)
using unload from bp give you stealth (like d/p but cost bit more as it range attack but also raise the sneak attack dmg)

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It doesn’t need any of the above. It needs a slight damage buff, and so does Vital Shot.

in Thief

Posted by: Bret.6940

Bret.6940

Id also like to add besides the slight damage buff for auto attacks and vital shot, unload might need a initiative reduction making it 4 instead of 5.

Order of Grenth ~ P/P Thief~ [OGs] TC

in Thief

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I think an evade would be nice. My suggestion: the antithesis of Heart seeker.

Body Shot: Evade backward with a quick shot to the chest, making your foe vulnerable.
Cast time: 1/2 sec
Evasion: 1/2 sec
Initiative: 3
Vulnerability: 5 stacks for 5-7 secs (duration up for debate)
100% damage <360 Range
90% damage < 600 Range
75% damage < 900 Range
Combo Finisher: Leap
Range: 900

There you go Anet, the thinking has been done for you. Make it happen

Edit: I have played P/P Thief since launch for the ‘cool factor’, though I do use other weapons due to their current superiority (except One ‘pure P/P build I’ve come up with).
As someone who’s been around since GW1 launch and mained a Sin/Thief in both, I’ve stayed true to the ‘thief theme’ w/o creating something overpowered. This would give P/P Thieves a much needed bit of survival with the evade and the synergy of the leap finisher in combo with BP Shot. The damage reduction at further range is important for balance, while, my proposal, as a whole, accounts for P/D Thieves as well.

I realize it’s a bit difficult to balance every possible use of drastically changing a particular skill and/or weapon set. I’ve tried to bare that in mind with this proposal and think it is fair and balanced while giving some added ‘skilled play’ to the P/P set over all.

(edited by Tman.6349)