P/P daredevil thief build and gameplay

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hi ppl
so here is build tutorial and few clips in group fight in pvp

i think with more few adjustment the p/p can be viable like 1200 range, evade attack etc..

hope you like the build and the concept

pls comment and share your thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Slashftw.6307

Slashftw.6307

definitely gonna try this when i get home glad to see its easy to combo the smoke field and the dodge to get a quick and easy stealth. Looks fun to play for sure.

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Would a variant of this work in WvW and PvE as well? It does look pretty fun to play.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Thief

messiah.1908

Would a variant of this work in WvW and PvE as well? It does look pretty fun to play.

i dont pve at all so cant comment on it
wvw sure even better than pvp as you get higher dmg modifier and also work nice with zerg as you pew pew from range

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I love P/P daredevil, but I find trickery to be useless on a ranged build. Why buff your steal, which teleports you TOWARDS your target, when you can take something else? I prefer acro over that for all of the vigor, hard to catch and don’t stop, but you could take DA instead for damage. I also take unhindered over bound because it synergizes with acro for 14s of swiftness on dodge and the super powerful ability to reposition yourself.

Also, I’m wondering if a jump Dodge done with bound could scale certain walls/cliffs? If so, then I’ll consider it better than unhindered.

in Thief

messiah.1908

I will try your ideas
But steal gives you one more dodge every 20 sec
Trick remove condition
Daze on demand
3 more initiatives
And dmg modifier 5-15 %

Sure vigor is needed but the stealth give some time to regen and the blind combo with bound amazing

And jump dodge don’t work with bound as you wish at least for me

in Thief

messiah.1908

Sorry but I had to stop after seeing your duels with the Warrior and shortly after Necro. My conclusion:

Build is bad, opponents are bad, you are bad.

Don’t take it personally, thief & daredevil are both in a bad spot. But this video contributes to nothing of significance in terms of high-end pvp gameplay or the viability of thief in the pvp scene.

you know how many vids i see out there which makes me think the enemies are bad. all the wvw duels pretty much against bad players. and why? cuase thief in a bad spot.
i just try to take the p/p and clean of the dust of it. and it works.
i duel against my friends who were +500 rank and i consider good players. and it works and sometimes it just dont.

for high end i state p/p wont make it there and probably/maybe thief either.

but thanks for your comments.

also edit:

i didnt try to make you think this build is op rather how it works. you can take it from here and make it better if you think you can.
p/p lack of stealth and now it has.
condi cleanse as you can see i trasfer torment. cleanse some condis etc.
the burst from range 7k dmg 50% hp etc…
the blind spamming and more

remember almost no one played p/p for 3 years…. what you expect…..

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I will try your ideas
Trick remove condition
Daze on demand
3 more initiatives
And dmg modifier 5-15 %

Sure vigor is needed but the stealth give some time to regen and the blind combo with bound amazing

The buffed vigor beats the steal in the long run, IMO. Escapists absolution + unhindered extended dodge animation is godlike condi clear. Have a ranger rapid fire you and he’ll cleanse all of the condis for you. Don’t forget condi mesmer and their cheesy crap finally screws themselves over. The mesmer+the clones will make sure they negate their own condi application. Burn guard drops his whole burst and then smites, the smite will easily cleanse everything you need.

For daze, you’ve got access to headshot if absolutely necessary (interrupting DH barrage, true shot/reaper gravedigger etc).

You’ll never really enjoy that initiative damage boost since you’re constantly burning it up. Again, if you want damage, 10% damage boost when target has condi applied to them and another 20% with executioner (hell, improv is also great if you feel like the damage isn’t necessary).

As far as I can see, the only realistic bonus trick gives that acro or DA don’t offer is the 3 initiative, but experienced thieves don’t burst all of their initiative in one go unless they’re sure it’ll take the target down.

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Sorry but I had to stop after seeing your duels with the Warrior and shortly after Necro. My conclusion:

Don’t take it personally, thief & daredevil are both in a bad spot. But this video contributes to nothing of significance in terms of high-end pvp gameplay or the viability of thief in the pvp scene.

you know how many vids i see out there which makes me think the enemies are bad. all the wvw duels pretty much against bad players. and why? cuase thief in a bad spot.
i duel against my friends who were +500 rank and i consider good players. and it works and sometimes it just dont.

also edit:

i didnt try to make you think this build is op rather how it works. you can take it from here and make it better if you think you can.

I’m actually very sorry about my previous post… It wasn’t supposed to be for this thread.

I just had 2 different P/P thief threads open and I watched a horrible one and by mistake commented on yours. Your build and gameplay is a million times better.

Just to reference on that horrid video, will link it here:

http://youtu.be/Tyw_eJwGKfk

^ This was the one I was supposed to bash Will remove my previous comment.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Thumbs up for the effort to make p/p viable

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Pulmanary Impact with Headshot is actually a nice hitter. I am getting nearly 4k on that interrupt.

I love P/P daredevil, but I find trickery to be useless on a ranged build. Why buff your steal, which teleports you TOWARDS your target, when you can take something else? I prefer acro over that for all of the vigor, hard to catch and don’t stop, but you could take DA instead for damage. I also take unhindered over bound because it synergizes with acro for 14s of swiftness on dodge and the super powerful ability to reposition yourself.

Don’t Stop is completely wasted on daredevil. The Expidicious Dodger minor is also a waste in the Acro line.

Trickery has some pretty big advantages including more Initiative (3 unloads vs 2) and damage increase per initiative which can easily be 10% extra on an opening attack. Steal can also be used without a target giving you Fury/Might/Swiftness/Vigor or if you prefer haste and condition removal/faster heal if using Withdraw. That trait also works well with Roll for Initiative.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

messiah.1908

I will try your ideas
Trick remove condition
Daze on demand
3 more initiatives
And dmg modifier 5-15 %

The buffed vigor beats the steal in the long run, IMO. Escapists absolution + unhindered extended dodge animation is godlike condi clear. Have a ranger rapid fire you and he’ll cleanse all of the condis for you. Don’t forget condi mesmer and their cheesy crap finally screws themselves over. The mesmer+the clones will make sure they negate their own condi application. Burn guard drops his whole burst and then smites, the smite will easily cleanse everything you need.

For daze, you’ve got access to headshot if absolutely necessary (interrupting DH barrage, true shot/reaper gravedigger etc).

You’ll never really enjoy that initiative damage boost since you’re constantly burning it up. Again, if you want damage, 10% damage boost when target has condi applied to them and another 20% with executioner (hell, improv is also great if you feel like the damage isn’t necessary).

As far as I can see, the only realistic bonus trick gives that acro or DA don’t offer is the 3 initiative, but experienced thieves don’t burst all of their initiative in one go unless they’re sure it’ll take the target down.

you do know that evade cleanse only 1 condi every 1 sec. so you cant cleanse all condi on one evade…
i do think that bound is much better cause of the blind and the ability to stealth so enemy has to retarget you. had 1v1 versus ele and ranger on contesting point and didnt die until they did 2v1 and than i just disengage. while with dash seem more roaming wvw ability with p/p

in Thief

messiah.1908

also edit:

I’m actually very sorry about my previous post… It wasn’t supposed to be for this thread.

I just had 2 different P/P thief threads open and I watched a horrible one and by mistake commented on yours. Your build and gameplay is a million times better.

Just to reference on that horrid video, will link it here:

http://youtu.be/Tyw_eJwGKfk

^ This was the one I was supposed to bash Will remove my previous comment.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Thumbs up for the effort to make p/p viable

we are cool. i also saw his video and its seems more wvw build variant 1v1 dueling. dash wont save you in team fight ….. and the ability to stealth and sneak with perma blind is priceless . also his dmg mostly came from d/p and not p/p

in Thief

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Was playing around with this build last in Spvp and was doing really well. Thanks for all the information and a change of pace from X & Sb.

in Thief

messiah.1908

Was playing around with this build last in Spvp and was doing really well. Thanks for all the information and a change of pace from X & Sb.

glad i could help but dont expect it to be OP build rather fun build in low mid tier which ppl dont expect yet.
rememebr that atm many other class and build can reflect and put huge aoe on you. if i see 2 eles i will switch to d/p or take other role in the game like harrasing the guard/necro/thief/mesmer. ranger ele and engi are unbitable atm.
the P/P now need more tactic gameplay where in it i hardly spam unload rather sneak attack

i am working on STAFF build . so far if i was better with it, i could do wonder but its hard to play with pugs

in Thief

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

glad i could help but dont expect it to be OP build rather fun build in low mid tier which ppl dont expect yet.
rememebr that atm many other class and build can reflect and put huge aoe on you. if i see 2 eles i will switch to d/p or take other role in the game like harrasing the guard/necro/thief/mesmer. ranger ele and engi are unbitable atm.
the P/P now need more tactic gameplay where in it i hardly spam unload rather sneak attack

i am working on STAFF build . so far if i was better with it, i could do wonder but its hard to play with pugs

Not a problem. I am never going to be a high tier pvp player nor do I have an organized team to play with so even if it is not meta as long as it is enjoyable and I have a fighting chance then I am happy.

in Thief

messiah.1908

Not a problem. I am never going to be a high tier pvp player nor do I have an organized team to play with so even if it is not meta as long as it is enjoyable and I have a fighting chance then I am happy.

so far this build with DD gave me the most wins (higher the d/p) as i hardly in melee range . but if i get focused i am dead

in Thief

Posted by: harkem.2051

harkem.2051

Hey there, I loved your video, it’s great! I have an honest question, though. The Bound dodge is clearly superior to the other two dodges, but being a condi-based Thief (who hasn’t played much PvP), I’m tempted to take the Lotus dodge instead, for a bit of extra damage, kiting ability, and Blinding Bolts combo. Do you think the Lotus can be better than Bound in some situations?

in Thief

messiah.1908

Hey there, I loved your video, it’s great! I have an honest question, though. The Bound dodge is clearly superior to the other two dodges, but being a condi-based Thief (who hasn’t played much PvP), I’m tempted to take the Lotus dodge instead, for a bit of extra damage, kiting ability, and Blinding Bolts combo. Do you think the Lotus can be better than Bound in some situations?

for condi p/p i cant say i would recommend it for pvp atm. but you can try it p/p with trap and trapper runes which gives you stealth
your low armor and hp makes yo so vulnerable for cc and burst dmg
something like this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAqan8lCdmitNB+NBkmiFZCjLH0CeBzdwQYJUbPNFCAA-TZQZAAQZAA