P/P pvp haters

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

So I run p/p and staff in pvp and a rev just threatened to report me for it…

I’m so fed up of people turning their noses up at the set just because they don’t understand how it’s used.

For clarity I use p/p to snipe and burst down enemy teams in group fights. I sit my sneaky kitten just shy of the action and burst whoever the target is on until they are down, then with 20 stacks of might jump in with staff and cleave who ever comes into res. It works a treat.

Does anyone else get this sort of abuse? I’d like to add I finished the match with twice the points of the rev.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

So I run p/p and staff in pvp and a rev just threatened to report me for it…

I’m so fed up of people turning their noses up at the set just because they don’t understand how it’s used.

For clarity I use p/p to snipe and burst down enemy teams in group fights. I sit my sneaky kitten just shy of the action and burst whoever the target is on until they are down, then with 20 stacks of might jump in with staff and cleave who ever comes into res. It works a treat.

Does anyone else get this sort of abuse? I’d like to add I finished the match with twice the points of the rev.

Single score means Jack kitten and most people get abuse for their play style.
Other than that? Block report.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Besides the spammy nature of it, the only time I find it highly annoying is when it’s paired with Quip or SAB pistols, hearing unload spam with those sound affects drives me crazy

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

p/p is a fodder at higher rating.

That being said, it is just a game, reporting someone for playing certain build is silly and won’t really have any effect; just play w/e you like man.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i told my team i am p/p so ask to be patient. sure they start saying noob, pls change go afk it wont matter

so whats happen. went far kill and cap. my team wipe. i went mid SS to close they follow me so ss back decap mid went far kill it again +1 mid and team take it

went lord open door kill npc’s

go far kill it and cap
went close decap went mid +1 won.

etc…

end score i was like 150 points ahead

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

let them hate!
i play p/p zerker too and absolutely love ambushing people with 10k unloads :P

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: kjetilsaak.6975

kjetilsaak.6975

I have not used the Staff/P/P combo since season 1 but I some times had the problems with escaping but I guess that abit better now since the auto attacks got buffed.

but it is not just P/P thiefs that gets hate, I had a rev in my team the other day that threatened to report me for not changing class, we did have 2 thiefs in the team so it had been a good idea to change class but when he threatens like that I dont really feel like doing it. (and we won the match btw)

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I take my words back. Or rather change it to: “usually”.

Had this p/p guy in 2 matches in a row (played generic d/p myself) vs 2 and 3 revs respectively. We rolled them

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

P/P’s a gamble. If you’re against a team that doesn’t stack eles and scrappers with all the reflects, the set does better, safer damage than every other weapon set and offers some pretty solid control, defense, and combo potential into other weapons. Unload is in all respects the single hardest-hitting ability on the thief, and has the capacity to be the single hardest-hitting skill in the entire game.

If it’s paired against an over-abundance of reflection, though, it’ll have major issues.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I am not sure as to how well it would play out in PvP but a p/p hybrid is very effective with the changes to number 3.

Trait DD with bound so you can garner stealth for sneak attack. Load up at least one venom and pressure strike. If you use Escapists and Shadows embrace out of SA you have the room for two venoms and bandits defense. Get BA on steal. Throw in the torment sigil and you can get 2k ticks from torment on its own. (I currently use SA/DD/Trickery wvw and trying to see if there a way to drop SA and take CS or DA but so far condition cleanse an issue)

By cycling through your Unload/AA and smoke field with those might stacks kept high along with the lead attacks , you can get some very nice ticks on your conditions even as you do decent raw damage.

You will not get those ten K unloads but you will get 5k along with condition ticks of over 5k in sum total. This is much cheaper INI wise.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

p/p is fine I used it previous seasons to counter certain classes. You can spam immobolize on a reaper in shroud and its going nowhere. Some other classes too.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

messiah.1908

so far p/p worked for me okiesh

it could wrok better but there are many reflect atm.

so p/p works best as long as you dont trying to contest or cap the point so with 1-9 scale where 1 easy, 9 harder

1. necro
2. ranger
3. rev
4. guard
5. mesmer
6.warrior
7. thief
8. ele
9. engi

just kite use los and you do fine. if its +1 its so funny when you burst from range and they dont see it coming as the unload dmg is very good

(edited by messiah.1908)

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

If you are playing daredevil, p/p can be ok. But whenever I play p/p (don’t have HoT) I feel clunky and one trick pony.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

messiah.1908

If you are playing daredevil, p/p can be ok. But whenever I play p/p (don’t have HoT) I feel clunky and one trick pony.

try this build . i had fun with it. you got lost of hp gain with it
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl8MhSnYhTw7Jw/EH+E1OAetAsnWtQO4LilIKA-TJBGABeXGIgHAAAnAgQ2fAA

DD just give you another dodge and nice healing skill with pp.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Thank you for your kind help

I run a similar build when I play p/p. But in the end it lacks many things. I wish I had my richochet

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

finishers? naaaah XD

Attachments:

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Sometimes it’s not hate. It’s being aware that p/p is less effective.

P/P pvp haters

in Thief

messiah.1908

so sry for the thief who try to kill me with his p/p

at first i didnt think thieves use p/p in ranked but me. i was condi mesmer with scepter
than i saw him push close to me in 1v1 and stand. he didnt use steal so BOOM i knew he’s pp and use block and shatter. he was dead in 5 sec.
later he comeback again but now he manage to put me in 25% hp. so i block rotation and dodge and shatter. he died in 10 sec but my hp was low about 5%.
third time i push far to 1v1 so he came for 1v2. i block again with scepter and shatter and he was dead in 5 sec. but his warrior condi ally came and kill me. while i manage to put him on 50% hp. almost just almost 1v2.

but gg to you thief

tip : use pb on you and stand in range. the illusion when come to you will get blind and wont do dmg to you. remember they got 240 radios
also cause you in range you have reaction time .so dont push to the point just range me and be careful with my blocks so use stew weapon or use blind on me

again gg