P/P with stealth ?

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: Carakangaran.3561

Carakangaran.3561

Hey guys.

Seems that I have nothing else to do but annoy you to death.

I spent most of my time as a cond thief (P/D – DD), and had great fun while playing this way, but it’s time for a change !

I was looking at my spare pistols and thought : "well, let’s try something else ! "
I know that P/P is lackluster for the moment. But it’s pretty fun to unload some flintlock pistols (just because unloading FLINTLOCK is fun by itself).

Unload is heavy on initative, that’s for sure. So what about building something to alleviate this a little and rely less on it, but with the same fun.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmkMMzzzMMbFrMMTLomaxx9MocabVaz

Using blinding powder -whose cooldown is low enough to be useful- and shadow refuge (as well as Hide in shadows), you could use use unload, go into stealth and gain initiative (even regenerate it faster), and use the first skill as a filler.

I’m not sure it’s not a crappy idea -hell, i’m almost sure it’s not viable- but whatever ! It seems fun.

Remember i’m talking about a PVE setting.

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: Archtus.6971

Archtus.6971

I have the desire to try this out, if just for the experience of using something new and original. Thanks!

Get rid of the NPE, or I’m getting rid of my account.

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Ooh… that gives me a similar idea. Starting at 0/20/10/0/20 to get all the initiative restoration I can. Not sure what to take next, can decide later (It’s only a 65 char atm)

(edited by Polaritie.4851)

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: ArchNemesis.4897

ArchNemesis.4897

That’s what I’ve been doing in spvp lately. I go 0/30/10/15/15. It’s pretty fun and allows for a lot of unload spam

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Wait, don’t blow your load (hehe see the pun!) too early.

When in stealth, OPEN with your pistol auto as that is a mini unload for no initiative and 5 stacks of bleeding, then follow up with unload.

Very bursty.

I run this in Wv3

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

going between unload and sneak atk is very good, sneak atk is actually very good even on a power build (how i use it) just because how fast it is shot, using the initiative gain on steal, sneak atk then unload is a pretty good combo, however i opt for pistol/dagger simply as the cloak and dagger means you can pretty much perma stealth against some of the more annoying classes by using necro minions, mesmer clones, rock dogs etc to get easy hits. cloak and dagger stomping is also super effective

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

P/P with stealth ?

in Thief

Posted by: ArchNemesis.4897

ArchNemesis.4897

Black powder stomps are pretty effective as well