SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Here’s what was announced on stream today:
Pistol Whip: This ability has been split between PvP and PvE. The ability will now cost 6 initiative in PvP, while maintaining a 5 initiative cost in PvE/WvW.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Here’s what was announced on stream today:
Pistol Whip: This ability has been split between PvP and PvE. The ability will now cost 6 initiative in PvP, while maintaining a 5 initiative cost in PvE/WvW.

Tyvm for the replay, wasnt sure about it.

SAB or RIOT

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Preemptive nerf to the upcoming reveal buff from 30DA. Not surprising.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well they had to do something and I’m glad they actually did. I just wish they’d be more straight-forward about it as I feel like the community has to force-feed them every nerf.

I doubt this will be the end of Pistol Whip spam but it might make it just a little bit harder to use all too liberally.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well, we knew it was coming when they asked about it specifically in the PvP forums. Actually sort of ok with this one.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What kind of S/P thief is in stealth enough to want to spend 30 points in DA for a revealed buff? The S/P meta will still be 10/30/0/0/30

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hey Karl,

I just want to thank you and the rest of the balance team for taking a very level-headed approach to nerfing Pistol Whip after some of the monstrosities of suggestions in Allie’s thread, which had me worried to say the least. Thanks for deciphering the QQ and not nerfing it to the ground as many non-thieves had so hoped. This change is definitely a healthy one for the set.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Another PvP/PvE split. Not saying this didn’t need to happen but I think it really detracts from the game having a large mechanics split between WvW and PvP. Maybe if they could decouple WvW from PvE and just mirror the PvP rule set that may be the optimum way to go.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: simonerd.8672

simonerd.8672

Anet have listen kids that cry as always ….. this is really pathetich spot for games developers!

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Anet have listen kids that cry as always ….. this is really pathetich spot for games developers!

I don’t see how they did bad by this. I was tired of playing the set correctly and getting called a “pistol whip spammer”, so they simply nerfed PW spammers and didn’t destroy the set for everyone else not abusing it.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

This is only a nerf to those who spam pw. Those who press more than 1 button won’t see this as class breaking. Now we just need to weed out the kittens who still think spamming HS is rewarding.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

What kind of S/P thief is in stealth enough to want to spend 30 points in DA for a revealed buff? The S/P meta will still be 10/30/0/0/30

The kind that wants to take advantage of the 200 power plus the +10% damage boost. The kind that runs 30-x-x-x-30.

The revealed duration is enough to land 2 Pistol Whips.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

As an afterthought, is anyone else stoked to see a red post in theif forum around the time that the new GM traits are being discussed?

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

i agree with 6 init cost. thieves nowdays can get easy burst by shadowstep+PW it makes the thief look cheap and easy. you don’t need to bother about positioning to get high burst like backstab

PW 6In not 5, Pvp only?

in Thief

Posted by: simonerd.8672

simonerd.8672

Man a good thief never spamm whip like and idiot the best damge is autoattack and othere combo with sword not spamming 3 and here all good thief know this!, im dagger pistol for you knoledge, but i deprecate take up initiative cost to thief skills, i hope as you say that will be a problem only for spammer thief !