Pack vs scholar

Pack vs scholar

in Thief

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Im planning on using my thief for pve and wvw. For wvw build calls for pack, pve scholar, im too cheap to buy 2 sets of armor for the 2 gamemodes. So which of the 2 would be best for both?

Thank you to those that respond!

Pack vs scholar

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m not a WvW player (more sPvP oriented), but in general, I’ve found that deciding between the two generally depends on your access to fury outside of traits. If you run Thrill of the Crime (or use the CS tree for some reason), go with Scholar. Otherwise, go with Pack. Also, if you’re using Bound over Dash for some reason, you may also want to consider Pack since you’ll be lacking swiftness.

Personally, I prefer Scholar with TotC and Dash.

Pack vs scholar

in Thief

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

I’m not a WvW player (more sPvP oriented), but in general, I’ve found that deciding between the two generally depends on your access to fury outside of traits. If you run Thrill of the Crime (or use the CS tree for some reason), go with Scholar. Otherwise, go with Pack. Also, if you’re using Bound over Dash for some reason, you may also want to consider Pack since you’ll be lacking swiftness.

Personally, I prefer Scholar with TotC and Dash.

Went with pack, seeing i prefer pvp over pve, and i wanna do some roaming. Plus i dont use Thrill of the crime.

your comment helped me decide, thanks

Pack vs scholar

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Exuberance isn’t in most players list but should be. It gives a nice health buffer for condi, a nice bump to precision and a solid shot into power. The only “wasted” stat on it is healing and that is a minor stat on the set. Paired with Marauder or Valkyrie/Zerk and it is one of the better defensive runes with offensive juice.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Pack vs scholar

in Thief

Posted by: Nerifes.4931

Nerifes.4931

In PvE, Pack suffers from a 2,500 Damage difference compared to Scholars.

[TV] Jade Quarry

Pack vs scholar

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Im planning on using my thief for pve and wvw. For wvw build calls for pack, pve scholar, im too cheap to buy 2 sets of armor for the 2 gamemodes. So which of the 2 would be best for both?

Thank you to those that respond!

Pack is better for wvw.

scholar if u ever want to run full zerker dual dagger backstab signet build.