Patch Notes March 26, 2013

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

General

•Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

Thief

•Corrosive Traps trait:
•Applies the correct vulnerability duration with Shadow Trap.
•Now applies vulnerability with Ambush Trap.
•Healing Seed skill:
•Increased radius slightly.
•Now displays the combo field ring.
•Caltrops:
•Reduced duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
•Now indicates its radius.
•Steal skill: No longer initiates autoattacks.
•Uncatchable trait:
•Now displays an active combat area to both allies and enemies.
•Increased effective radius by 50%.
•Basilisk Venom skill: No longer immobilizes targets in addition to stunning them.
•Haste skill: Increased duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.

in Thief

Sifu.6527

Skimming the patch for words on reveal coming out o stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Wait, what? Haste got “buffed”? XD

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Yeah, odd, what is your source for these notes?

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Sifu.6527

in Thief

Sifu.6527

Wait, what? Haste got “buffed”? XD

No, it got nerfed.

Before, haste increased attack speed by 100%. They reduced all haste by 50%. This means, your attack speed is now 50% instead of 100% faster.

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

Interesting, guess the rescinded their decision to apply revealed, that or they forgot to add it to notes. However, the increase of revealed time to 4 seconds was never mentioned before, maybe it simply took the place of the other nerf?

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

No revealed if no attack. ?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

stof.9341

On the topic of Haste, someone mentioned it didn’t reduce Endurance to 0 but removed 100 endurance and could go into negatives. Well :

“- Endurance can no longer be negative.”

in Thief

Sifu.6527

I don’t know. They have a history of leaving things out of the patch note. Can someone log and confirm or can a Dev provide clarifaction?

in Thief

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.when coming out of stealth via an attack.

what? O.o

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Thief

Sifu.6527

Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.when coming out of stealth via an attack.

what? O.o

Hm…

If this is the only thing they are going to do to stealth, I am perfectly fine with this compromise. It could’ve been worst, much worst.

PS. Warrior’s Frenzy + HB just ate kitten.

(edited by Sifu.6527)

in Thief

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

Why did they nerf Basalisk. Who wants an elite that only dazes now

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Thief

stof.9341

That new revealed duration just nerfs rather heavily my S/D PvE build :/

And -33% damage/healing from Caltrops too. I guess thief isn’t meant for PvE at all.

in Thief

stof.9341

I think the point was that stun breaks would remove the “stun” effect from Basilisk, but it would still leave the user under effect from a “immobilized” effect preventing them from moving or dodging. I never knew the poison had that hidden effect too and I think it makes sense to purge that part too when a stun breaker is used.

As a thief, I never got affected by that problem because all our stun breakers (except Haste but who uses it for that?) remove Immobilize at the same time more or less. Other classes must have been more annoyed by that.

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

so yeah after all that they put in a stealth nerf but one that actually effects people using it offensively and no effect on the cheesers everyone was getting hyped at being destroyed ><

Well played Anet! Well played ><

At least we no longer go negative endurance with haste… that said thats a lot of overall nerfs to everyone

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Thief

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

4S holy molly.

Holly

molly

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

I don’t know. They have a history of leaving things out of the patch note. Can someone log and confirm or can a Dev provide clarifaction?

Patch isn’t in effect yet

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

That poor skill, It used to be sooooo good and then seem to nerf it every major patch.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

And -33% damage/healing from Caltrops too. I guess thief isn’t meant for PvE at all.

…wut?

in Thief

Zikory.6871

I think the point was that stun breaks would remove the “stun” effect from Basilisk, but it would still leave the user under effect from a “immobilized” effect preventing them from moving or dodging. I never knew the poison had that hidden effect too and I think it makes sense to purge that part too when a stun breaker is used.

As a thief, I never got affected by that problem because all our stun breakers (except Haste but who uses it for that?) remove Immobilize at the same time more or less. Other classes must have been more annoyed by that.

Meh, the tool tip says “Your next attack turns your foe to stone.” To stone…I think you should be kinda stuck in one place if you turn to stone…

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Thief

stof.9341

…wut?

Caltrops duration was reduced by 33% so that’s 33% less damage and less time to proc Signet of Malice heals.

All nerfs and no buffs makes thief a dull class :/

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Thief

Corrosive Traps trait:
Applies the correct vulnerability duration with Shadow Trap.
Now applies vulnerability with Ambush Trap.

Healing Seed skill:
Increased radius slightly.
Now displays the combo field ring.

Caltrops:
Reduced duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
Now indicates its radius.

Steal skill: No longer initiates autoattacks.

Uncatchable trait:
Now displays an active combat area to both allies and enemies.
Increased effective radius by 50%.

Basilisk Venom skill: No longer immobilizes targets in addition to stunning them.

Haste skill: Increased duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.

Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

Thief important only updates here.

Nerf to basilisk, caltrops, haste, and stealth.

I’m surprised to see no Mug nerf.

Just another noob thief…

(edited by swinsk.6410)

in Thief

Zikory.6871

I’ll take the 1 extra second on Revealed if they didn’t add revealed anytime leaving stealth!

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

General

•Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

Well, there goes my S/D dungeon build. Right out the window. Thanks, guys!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

but hey! at least healing seed (because thats totally a thief skill!) is a tiny bit wider and dodge caltrops are a bit bigger! we are really gonna pwn with these buffs!

Unless your not sylvari…. or not being chased…

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

=.= So rather then discouraging stealth stacking they nerfed aggressive thieves who actually stay in the fight. Nice…

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Laika.8795

Healing seed is ranger stolen item, I believe…

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Haste nerf is a bit harsh, the drawback is far to massive at this point.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

It just seems like they’re throwing random changes, hoping it will do the job.

in Thief

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

They reduced all haste by 50%. This means, your attack speed is now 50% instead of 100% faster.

Cries My poor Sword/Pistol thief…it wasn’t even that good to begin with. Whyyyyyy?!

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in Thief

Posted by: awgardner.9634

awgardner.9634

They added a whopping 1 second to reveal when dropping stealth while engaging… what does this mean ? It means that CnD will be used as a scapegoat to get to safety far more often then a means to stack damage…

HENCE – For the P/D Thieves, FRET NOT! Those stacking condition damage have to wait an extra second every 3 seconds to drop there opponents… Not a big learning curve!

Representing Acolytes [Aco] on Jade Quarry
80 Human Thief – 80 Human Guardian
80 Norn Ranger – 80 Norn Warrior

in Thief

stof.9341

Maybe they’ll buff back Pistol Whip to reasonable damage for the initiative cost. One day XD Like the mobility buffs they’ll be giving us along (more or less, kind of) the Stealth nerfs right ?

in Thief

Dual.8953

General

I know the feeling man. Now we blind every 4 seconds not to mention our other SA goodies.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: RetroSamus.9860

RetroSamus.9860

Ow god the stealth nerf will hurt me so much in pve.

Basilisk Venom skill : No longer immobilizes targets in addition to stunning them .
This mean stun breakers will work on this? Because that would be a hard nerf for me in spvp.

in Thief

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

No nerf to Mug damage either.

Well… unless they left a load of stuff (not unheard of) out of the patch notes… it looks like thiefs in WvW at least… just dodged a huge * bullet… at least for a little while… LOL.

in Thief

Laika.8795

Pretty much everyone seemed content with the original “revealed on destealth” proposal, I just cannot wrap my mind around this. It gave a sense of “counterplay” in that if you could hold off the thief via CC or your own mobility, you would have 3 seconds of burst-free, full visibility combat.

Instead, it’s business as usual, with a pathetic one second debuff addition. I am extremely displeased with the changes, not because I feel it is game breaking (it’s not, and it won’t affect me much at all) but because we were clued into something that was almost a universal plus, and just got a bunch of random bogus changes…

Can we get any Dev feedback as to what happened here? Are these changes still in the works, or were they scrapped, or…W T F??

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

Pretty much everyone seemed content with the original “revealed on destealth” proposal, I just cannot wrap my mind around this. It gave a sense of “counterplay” in that if you could hold off the thief via CC or your own mobility, you would have 3 seconds of burst-free, full visibility combat.

Instead, it’s business as usual, with a pathetic one second debuff addition. I am extremely displeased with the changes, not because I feel it is game breaking (it’s not, and it won’t affect me much at all) but because we were clued into something that was almost a universal plus, and just got a bunch of random bogus changes…

Can we get any Dev feedback as to what happened here? Are these changes still in the works, or were they scrapped, or…W T F??

As we played with the stealth changed mentioned in the SotG, we recognized that in conjunction with the change to culling this was an unpredictable change to make. We also felt that it was too big of a hit to these stealth professions, so we ended up pulling that change in favor of just increasing revealed duration by 1 second.

in Thief

Posted by: awgardner.9634

awgardner.9634

Are you a thief hater…

Representing Acolytes [Aco] on Jade Quarry
80 Human Thief – 80 Human Guardian
80 Norn Ranger – 80 Norn Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Would also like to know. However, the extra one second and the removal of culling will certainly help.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Thief

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Quickness change is interesting. I have no problem with that change for now as a thf.

No one got shafted harder than war though. All they got in return is buffs in banner (lol). Maybe pushing them away from GS is the idea?

in Thief

Laika.8795

No nerf to Mug damage either …
it looks like thiefs in WvW at least… just dodged a huge * bullet… at least for a little while… LOL.

no. we didn’t “dodge a bullet.” bad thieves did. trolls did.

people who play the class in a cogent manner just got trolled, and it is extremely frustrating.

in Thief

Laika.8795

aa…aa…. AHHH….JON PETERS MAKE LAIKA ANGRY!!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I really hope mobs aren’t going to wander around while under basilisk venom. It was actually quite fun to freeze them under a bucket of lava in the dredge fractal!

in Thief

Laika.8795

Are you a thief hater…

Yep. I absolutely hate badly played thieves, which the prior change would have greatly reduced.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

General

I know the feeling man. Now we blind every 4 seconds not to mention our other SA goodies.

It’s even more than that. I had a BRILLIANT melee pattern of stealth, daze, auto-chain, repeat, and I could stay at the front line of a fight for extended periods of time provided that I kept the momentum going. In this chain, Revealed would finish at the exact moment I hit C+D to restart the pattern. I felt rewarded for perfect execution. I was in favour of revealed on attack or not, as it would have little to no effect on skilled Thieves and punish one-trick-ponies that mess it up, as well as reward opponents who effectively counter-play stealth attacks. Instead, we get this hideous and stupid extension to Revealed. Now my entire dungeon playstyle is out the window and I suppose it’s back to crummy S/P or D/D glass like they seem to want to pigeon-hole us in to. Venoms aren’t even worth mentioning at this point and Traps are total BOLLOCKS, this patch doing absolutely NOTHING to make them viable. But hey, we drop more Caltrops on dodge!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

I really hope mobs aren’t going to wander around while under basilisk venom. It was actually quite fun to freeze them under a bucket of lava in the dredge fractal!

nah it still stones them, it just means stun breakers will work on it without needing to pop something to clear immobilize also.

in Thief

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

General

It’s even more than that. I had a BRILLIANT melee pattern of stealth, daze, auto-chain, repeat, and I could stay at the front line of a fight for extended periods of time provided that I kept the momentum going. In this chain, Revealed would finish at the exact moment I hit C+D to restart the pattern. I felt rewarded for perfect execution. Now that’s out the window and I suppose it’s back to crummy S/P or D/D glass like they seem to want to pigeon-hole us in to. Venoms aren’t even worth mentioning at this point and Traps are total BOLLOCKS, this patch doing absolutely NOTHING to make them viable. But hey, we drop more Caltrops on dodge!

Because being able to repeat a chain without the enemy ever being able to hit or target you sounds fair.

I like your reasoning.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Thief

Dual.8953

General

It’s even more than that. I had a BRILLIANT melee pattern of stealth, daze, auto-chain, repeat, and I could stay at the front line of a fight for extended periods of time provided that I kept the momentum going. In this chain, Revealed would finish at the exact moment I hit C+D to restart the pattern. I felt rewarded for perfect execution. Now that’s out the window and I suppose it’s back to crummy S/P or D/D glass like they seem to want to pigeon-hole us in to. Venoms aren’t even worth mentioning at this point and Traps are total BOLLOCKS, this patch doing absolutely NOTHING to make them viable. But hey, we drop more Caltrops on dodge!

I know. I had the same pattern.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

As we played with the stealth changed mentioned in the SotG, we recognized that in conjunction with the change to culling this was an unpredictable change to make. We also felt that it was too big of a hit to these stealth professions, so we ended up pulling that change in favor of just increasing revealed duration by 1 second.

Ha Ha… well now we know… Peters switched his main from Warrior to Thief.