Patch Notes March 26, 2013

in Thief

Posted by: awgardner.9634

awgardner.9634

Are you a thief hater…

Yep. I absolutely hate badly played thieves, which the prior change would have greatly reduced.

Define badly please ?

Is it a Thief that hits the easy button ?
Is it a Thief that utilizes his tools and functions to facilitate victory ?

Representing Acolytes [Aco] on Jade Quarry
80 Human Thief – 80 Human Guardian
80 Norn Ranger – 80 Norn Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: RetroSamus.9860

RetroSamus.9860

Basilisk Venom is now official awfuller then devour venom … good going Arena – net !

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

General

•Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

Well, there goes my S/D dungeon build. Right out the window. Thanks, guys!

I know the feeling man. Now we blind every 4 seconds not to mention our other SA goodies.

It’s even more than that. I had a BRILLIANT melee pattern of stealth, daze, auto-chain, repeat, and I could stay at the front line of a fight for extended periods of time provided that I kept the momentum going. In this chain, Revealed would finish at the exact moment I hit C+D to restart the pattern. I felt rewarded for perfect execution. Now that’s out the window and I suppose it’s back to crummy S/P or D/D glass like they seem to want to pigeon-hole us in to. Venoms aren’t even worth mentioning at this point and Traps are total BOLLOCKS, this patch doing absolutely NOTHING to make them viable. But hey, we drop more Caltrops on dodge!

Because being able to repeat a chain without the enemy ever being able to hit or target you sounds fair.

I like your reasoning.

Yes, that one enemy could not hit me, but other enemies could. That was my entire role in the dungeon – to knock the key mobs out of commission and lower the threat to the team. It doesn’t work against golds and purples with Defiant, but for those I switch to D/D and fight using stealth condition removal and landing spikes when possible. Anywhere else, GOD FORBID I try and provide team utility. But of course, 100b + Whirlwind is obviously king of PvE. Why did I even bother pretending to be useful, right?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

General

•Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

I know the feeling man. Now we blind every 4 seconds not to mention our other SA goodies.

It’s even more than that. I had a BRILLIANT melee pattern of stealth, daze, auto-chain, repeat, and I could stay at the front line of a fight for extended periods of time provided that I kept the momentum going. In this chain, Revealed would finish at the exact moment I hit C+D to restart the pattern. I felt rewarded for perfect execution. Now that’s out the window and I suppose it’s back to crummy S/P or D/D glass like they seem to want to pigeon-hole us in to. Venoms aren’t even worth mentioning at this point and Traps are total BOLLOCKS, this patch doing absolutely NOTHING to make them viable. But hey, we drop more Caltrops on dodge!

Because being able to repeat a chain without the enemy ever being able to hit or target you sounds fair.

I like your reasoning.

Yes, that one enemy could not hit me, but other enemies could. That was my entire role in the dungeon – to knock the key mobs out of commission and lower the threat to the team. GOD FORBID I try and provide team utility. But of course, 100b + Whirlwind is obviously king of PvE. Why did I even bother pretending to be useful, right?

Well I was referring more to a 1v1 PvP scenario. I can see where it’s a problem in PvE. :\

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Thief

Auesis.7301

General

I like your reasoning.

Yes, that one enemy could not hit me, but other enemies could. That was my entire role in the dungeon – to knock the key mobs out of commission and lower the threat to the team. GOD FORBID I try and provide team utility. But of course, 100b + Whirlwind is obviously king of PvE. Why did I even bother pretending to be useful, right?

Well I was referring more to a 1v1 PvP scenario. I can see where it’s a problem in PvE. :\

I know you were, that’s why I was ridiculing you. Sigil of Paralysation does not buff the daze in sPvP and S/D builds are mostly laughable at high-end meta. WvW is horribly unbalanced in every way imaginable regardless.

I DO NOT CARE about PvP, WvW or Structured. PvE is my everything.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Daze doesn’t prevent movement and dodges in PvP so chain dazing someone isn’t exactly “easy”. Also in sPvP the daze duration from Tactical Strike is reduced by a LOT and it can hardly be called chainable.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I’d much rather have the 1 extra second of visibility than the revealed on no matter how you come out of stealth.

It hurts in pve, but it is better for wvw/pvp imo.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Our only usable under water Elite ( which even has a casttime LOL ) gets nerfed… GG

I really would love to take another non-elite skill in that slot !!!

in Thief

Posted by: AzDune.4768

AzDune.4768

Mother of nerfs… hate when this happens -.-

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I approve of a lot of these changes, in particular the nerf to quickness (needed to happen a long time ago) as well as the nerf to Caltrops (brokenly good for PvE especially) and the untying of autoattack from steal. I also, of course, approve of the fix to culling.

What I’m hoping now is that a lot of these fixes are in place, that they’ll see that the Thief is kind of a weak class outside of its broken mechanics and start compensating in areas that really need it, such as their Downed State, incoherent traits, and MH Pistol skills. They should also rebuff Pistol Whip.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

Define badly please ?

Badly is someone who relies on stealth as a crutch, rather than a tool. Obviously you play P/D, so I guess someone a lot like you.

lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Why did they nerf Basalisk. Who wants an elite that only dazes now

That poor skill, It used to be sooooo good and then seem to nerf it every major patch.

Just to make sure everyone knows we only have a whopping two useful elite skills to choose from.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

This was a really hard hit for thieves in general… I would have had the stealth debuff for 3 appear after leaving stealth each time instead of those stupid 4 seconds. It destroys most of the thief builds in PvE. And don’t even get me started on the P/D thieves…. They had to stealth to stack their bleeds, now they’ll deal 33% less damage and kill the mob slower than ever, as if they didn’t use long enough time already to down something -_-

Melder – Thief

in Thief

wookie.8934

Why did they nerf Basalisk. Who wants an elite that only dazes now

That poor skill, It used to be sooooo good and then seem to nerf it every major patch.

Just to make sure everyone knows we only have a whopping two useful elite skills to choose from.

What a shame. Warrior had one up until this patch.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This was a really hard hit for thieves in general… I would have had the stealth debuff for 3 appear after leaving stealth each time instead of those stupid 4 seconds. It destroys most of the thief builds in PvE. And don’t even get me started on the P/D thieves…. They had to stealth to stack their bleeds, now they’ll deal 33% less damage and kill the mob slower than ever, as if they didn’t use long enough time already to down something -_-

Maybe this will just serve to make it even more apparent (as if it wasn’t already) how totally kitten MH Pistol is and how badly it needs fixes.

Thief PVE in general underperforms in large part because Stealth is not adequate to compensate for their defensive weakness, and they aren’t particularly offensively strong relative to other professions. Why things like their horrendously bad downed state have never been touched is beyond me.

in Thief

Jack of Tears.9458

I’d say by this point they’ve pretty much shown us they don’t care about Thief’s use in PvE.

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)

in Thief

Auesis.7301

I’d say by this point they’ve pretty much shown us us they don’t care about Thief’s use in PvE.

And I was quite happy with that before this patch. I’d found my niche, and I was always one of the members most beneficial to the team in one way or another (in PUGs, not in 4x War 1x Mes speedruns). Now they have ruined the one aspect I found great in my Thief PvE experience, because of PvP crybabies. Disgusted.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Maybe this will just serve to make it even more apparent (as if it wasn’t already) how totally kitten MH Pistol is and how badly it needs fixes.

Thief PVE in general underperforms in large part because Stealth is not adequate to compensate for their defensive weakness, and they aren’t particularly offensively strong relative to other professions. Why things like their horrendously bad downed state have never been touched is beyond me.

Specially with the previous nerf meaning stealth was a reverse stun rather than an escape mechanism in pve, you’d go stealth come out 3 seconds later and the mobs would still be straight on you, often even if the rest of your team was pounding on them.

The one good thing is that at least your not penalized for having more than one stealth skill, but both the previous incarnation of this change (reveal on all stealth drop) and this one of an extra second on revealed was most likely unnecessary once the culling changes where made in pvp, sure there was/still is some cheesy/exploitative plays but neither change would prevent them because both changes where a blanket nerf to the entire mechanic rather than a targetted patch to those effects.

Hopefully either the 1 extra second will turn out to be mostly negligible but in a way that opens the way for the skills that get hit hard by it to be improved or they’ll realize it really was unnecessary and revert the change.

in Thief

Jack of Tears.9458

And that makes it better? We’ve got, what, 6 elite skills to choose from, and only two that are any good? At least the Warrior made up for it in other ways, but it still sucks for them, too. The elites in this game need a serious working over. (oh wait, they’ve been getting a serious working over, what they need is a rewrite)

in Thief

wookie.8934

And that makes it better? We’ve got, what, 6 elite skills to choose from, and only two that are any good? At least the Warrior made up for it in other ways, but it still sucks for them, too. The elites in this game need a serious working over. (oh wait, they’ve been getting a serious working over, what they need is a rewrite)

Never said it was, but you should count your blessings. Warriors have been the underdogs in pvp since beta ended, topped only by engis and necros.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Great patch.
What I got from this patch.
Now that Reveal is 4s, they can buff back Tactical in Spvp as I see it.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
(lol optimism)

Now that Haste has been kitten they can put back 15% damage on Pistol whip.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
(lol optimism)

Finally Corrosive traps works with Ambush. It drives me nuts when things do not work.

Healing seed change is greatly welcomed, If the range is increased I can cluster bomb heal allies better it seems.
yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

D/P & D/D Haste combo is no longer outrageously fast.
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Caltrops nerf + Reveal.
Now they have to actually make P/D a decent set that I don’t laugh at .
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
But lol the trash bleed build is now moar trash.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Define badly please ?

Badly is someone who relies on stealth as a crutch, rather than a tool. Obviously you play P/D, so I guess someone a lot like you.

lol.

Hater alert. Hater alert. Hey gues what, I play D/D with 30 in Shadow arts. I use stealth as often as possible and time to time I even chain CnD to regen some more hp and/or relocate, aswell to add some burst to that backstab that I will use to open up on target.
Plz hate me

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Basilisk Venom is now official awfuller then devour venom … good going Arena – net !

Think it will still be very effective in a venom sharing build, wouldn’t count on is as a soloer anymore though.

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Great patch.
What I got from this patch.
Now that Reveal is 4s, they can buff back Tactical in Spvp as I see it.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
(lol optimism)

Now that Haste has been kitten they can put back 15% damage on Pistol whip.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
(lol optimism)

Finally Corrosive traps works with Ambush. It drives me nuts when things do not work.

Healing seed change is greatly welcomed, If the range is increased I can cluster bomb heal allies better it seems.
yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

D/P & D/D Haste combo is no longer outrageously fast.
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Caltrops nerf + Reveal.
Now they have to actually make P/D a decent set that I don’t laugh at .
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
But lol the trash bleed build is now moar trash.

Why are you QQing? Weren’t you the one that was excited about the nerf?

Hey ! I like healing seed !

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Define badly please ?

lol.

Hater alert. Hater alert. Hey gues what, I play D/D with 30 in Shadow arts. I use stealth as often as possible and time to time I even chain CnD to regen some more hp and/or relocate, aswell to add some burst to that backstab that I will use to open up on target.
Plz hate me

Every trait you have got nerfed by 25%, so did your damage and survivability.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

11 reasons why you shouldn’t be a thief.

11th – Arena Patch Updates.

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

I do have to say though, I pretty much called it, when a few people where getting excited and called everyone who though revealed on all stealth ends was a bit much noobs and how they wouldn’t be effected by it and thus it was a good change.

I pretty much said that chances are the actual patch would hit them far harder and what do you know… its like im bleeding psychic ><

That said neither nerf was a good idea, this one punishes those that actually fight in a way we most likely didn’t need after culling, the other punished people that liked a bit of flexibility and utilized multiple utilities at times, neither effects the cheese or the exploits to the degree that makes it ok to nerf everyone else at the same time.

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Thief

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Define badly please ?

lol.

Plz hate me

33%

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Define badly please ?

lol.

Plz hate me

33%

What if he’s running a venom sharing build? :-P

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i think people hate other individuals because they cant impose their standards and values in life to others,

its one of the facets about life that we should deal with

its like a childs play observed in a day care facility, often with grouping ang playing
*scene 1 : i dont like you because you dont belong here
*scene 2 : i hate you because you dont do things the way teacher said
so on and so forth.

i think/conclude/hypothesize: that laika hates other thieves because they dont play like “how laika wants them to play”

since this is a hypothesis, you can refute, nullify, or retaliate the premise stated>

(edited by Oldgrimm.8521)

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Define badly please ?

lol.

Plz hate me

33%

Yup, its 33 %

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Define badly please ?

lol.

Plz hate me

33%

What if he’s running a venom sharing build? :-P

Lies, I run blind, heal, ini restore on stealth build !

in Thief

Posted by: dirtyshame.1863

dirtyshame.1863

I apologize, I am going to double post from a thread I made, but I believe it should have been added here to begin with.

Do you realize that you have done far more than just make a thief disappear less often?

One second extra on the revealed debuff does not address the problem that most people are having with thieves in WvW and PVP. A burst thief still exists and will still most likely one shot you, the only thing he can’t do is go back to stealth as quick to stomp. Culling was a large reason thieves were able to move around packs in WvW. The instant burst problem was allowing steal to remain off the GCD when MUG is traited. Make it where when using MUG stops other animations or has to wait until others are finished.

Adding 1 second to a 3 second buff is putting many abilities on a much longer cooldown without allowing any damage to make up for it. This also increases the cost to damage ratio of CnD and any stealth ability.

Shadow Arts is an entire trait line dedicated to a skill that obviously is loved/hated by the community, but in many ways is our best/and only support ability. Thieves already take a huge dps nerf waiting in stealth in both pvp and pve. Now the abilties that harmonize with it will suffer. In PVE especially stealth is our saving grace, and now we will easily be the brunt of more attacks. We only get so many dodges. Are we just supposed to GS warrior everything?

Traits:

Now shadow protector cannot be used in such quick succession (not a large loss, but no healing compensated here).
Shadow’s Embrace being one of our main ways of removing reapplying damaging conditions to our already low HP pool. Making S/x our best way of removing conditions anymore which can be very initiative heavy or prevent use of many other skills).
Infusions of shadow will now obviously proc less often, lowering the overall dps of CnD.
Cloaked in shadows recieves a huge nerf. Now only being able to proc every 4 seconds instead of 3. Over any lengthy fight, this can be a very big deal.
Patience and Shadow Rejuventation also will be Healing/Regen Initiative less.
Hidden Assaassin will now lower might stacking for the build (although the potency of using it in shadow’s refuge will still remain strong).

Most of the shadow art’s trait line has just suffered several nerfs from 1 problem.

Hidden Killer also comes in, taking away more guaranteed crits from builds that rely on it and stealth to prevent having to stack precision.
Fleet Shadow, small nerf to mobility. I found this talent extremely useful with my S/D build.

Weapon sets.

S/D builds will daze 1 second less often.
P/D will now have to wait longer to keep bleeds stacked and dps nerf as skill 1,2 can be lackluster.
D/D obviously will not be able to backstab as often, dps nerf.
D/P small nerf to dps using combo field, although speccing heavy into initiative regen builds that may use this to blind often will suffer more.

————————————————————————————————————————

So far I see nothing to compensate the thief for being exposed more often especially after having an entire trait line and several weapon sets that seem dedicated to the idea of being elusive. If you want thieves to be seen more often then corresponding skills should have been buffed and tweaked to keep their effectiveness.

Stealth was also one of our powerful “dodge” mechanics. I think most would agree this class must dodge to survive more than many others, while having half of our weapon set be in melee range. At the very least the dodge bar for thieves could have been increased to 3 or 4 instead of 2, and the stealth weapon skills could have a damage/duration buff.

I just fill this is a very very bandaid fix on top of a culling issue.

in Thief

Posted by: Zidd.6083

Zidd.6083

General

I like your reasoning.

Rewarded for perfection… That, to me, sounds like good reasoning. Rather than using the lowest possible common to “balance” things out.. I think it’s such a weak way of doing things.

in Thief

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Sadly these nerfs suck imo. I would much prefer the 3s reveal no matter what over the on hit reveal upped to 4. The removal of culling fixes the duration not being long enough – the ability to lair points and groups (or run) for so long stealthed I found to be more broken. This current change definitely hurts my DPS as a thief.

The caltrop change is also a major nerf. The duration change is the least amount of kitten – giving them red circles defeats the ENTIRE purpose of them being a trap. Now that they’re obvious, they’re easily avoided. Now that they’re obvious, every kitten and their mom will react by leaving/dodging out avoiding the damage or much more easily allowing them to control the situation. Small circle? Stand there or dodge out. Big circle? Just stay out of the obvious. Might as well give the rest of our traps red circles so people won’t accidentally step into them. This is just such a major nerf to them in PvP… I guess I will have to see if the on dodge caltrop change makes a big enough difference to make them useful open field to help counter balance despite the fact they now know exactly where my traps are.

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

Neither 25% or 33% is remotely accurate unless a player lives almost solely in stealth which pretty much nobody does.

This combo is just as viable with just as much damage: Steal/Mug, BS, HS, HS, HS.

Sure there are thieves that live in stealth but those are primarily griefers. All they did was add 1 second of out of stealth damage when coming out of a stealth attack. It will have an effect but not nearly 25%.

It effects aren’t just in PvP though.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Neither 25% or 33% is remotely accurate unless a player lives almost solely in stealth which pretty much nobody does.

This combo is just as viable with just as much damage: Steal/Mug, BS, HS, HS, HS.

Sure there are thieves that live in stealth but those are primarily griefers. All they did was add 1 second of out of stealth damage when coming out of a stealth attack. It will have an effect but not nearly 25%.

99% of thieves who play use stealth.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

General

I like your reasoning.

Excatly.

I love the vast majority of thief players. Their sense of ‘fairness’ is just overwhelming.

I mean, full zerker and only being seen for 2-3s every 4-5s is just soooo BROKEN. I don’t know what everyone’s thinking…

Oh wait… pick and choose like the rest of us… maybe put some toughness/vitality in your build….

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

None of this sounds like a big deal to me.

But I love the no autoattack after Steal now! If it really works. That “stealth” on steal trait never worked with the autoattacking thing before unless you had auto-attacks shut off.

And bigger Uncatchable whee!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Zidd.6083

Zidd.6083

General

I like your reasoning.

Excatly.

I love the vast majority of thief players. Their sense of ‘fairness’ is just overwhelming.

I mean, full zerker and only being seen for 2-3s every 4-5s is just soooo BROKEN. I don’t know what everyone’s thinking…

Oh wait… pick and choose like the rest of us… maybe put some toughness/vitality in your build….

Lol.. “Grow up”. Punchy argument you have there. Obviously you don’t play thief, or you would have know that many thieves actually do have both a lot of extra vita and toughness…

in Thief

Auesis.7301

General

I like your reasoning.

Excatly.

First of all, my entire main armourset is Power/Toughness/Vitality with Emerald Orbs, and I’ve specced completely in to a Toughness/Healing tree. I am built for staying power, and my damage is a bonus to that effect, mostly from the might gains at 25 Trait points in that tree.

Secondly, you think that’s broken? My full berserker Warrior with the highest armour and the highest health passive bonuses can do TONS more damage and take FAR more punishment than my Thief can, even when my Thief has specced in to survivability. My Warrior can accomplish numbers my Thief could only DREAM of, WITHOUT A SINGLE OUNCE OF DEFENSIVE SPEC, and yet the THIEF is the one that needs to be pushed further in to the ground?!

Don’t even begin to mention PvP, because I’ve already said multiple times that I do not give a rat’s behind about PvP. This is a strict PvE perspective. Don’t bring your whining to that end over here.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

General

I like your reasoning.

Excatly.

Lol.. “Grow up”. Punchy argument you have there. Obviously you don’t play thief, or you would have know that many thieves actually do have both a lot of extra vita and toughness…

Most thieves do ~not~ have a balance of toughness and vitality. They relied upon stealth/culling/big burst.

Don’t get me wrong, I do ~not~ want to see Thief’s “Burst” nerfed. What needed to be nerfed is your ability to have ~zero risk~ associated w/ being able to have that huge burst.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Thief

Posted by: awgardner.9634

awgardner.9634

Define badly please ?

lol.

Sounds to me like someone has been worked over by a P/D Thief a time or two I feel your pain, I really do… That’s why I rolled one !

Representing Acolytes [Aco] on Jade Quarry
80 Human Thief – 80 Human Guardian
80 Norn Ranger – 80 Norn Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Cost.6917

Cost.6917

Where’s mobility told to be on weapons other than shortbow…? =\

Adjora (thief), Rabanastra (ele), Anji The Crimson (war) – Piken [Rise]

in Thief

dirtyshame.1863

IMO we should be happy as I figured mug damage was on the chopping block and reveals between stealths were going in. Both of these are probably still on the table once they see how much culling changes effect thief playability.

If stealth attacks are used back to back after revealed debuff, then yes it will be 33% direction damage/use reduction those attacks. Not neccesarily making us 33% less effective.

in Thief

dirtyshame.1863

Where’s mobility told to be on weapons other than shortbow…? =\

Shortbow will mostly likely become the thief answer to Zerg now. Sit in the back and wait for the cluster bomb to hit at 1200 range every 10 seconds waiting on the projectile.

Number 1 will be useful but remember, its only 900 range. Not even traitable to 1200.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Our only usable under water Elite ( which even has a casttime LOL ) gets nerfed… GG

I really would love to take another non-elite skill in that slot !!!

are you kidding?! i would take ANY other non-elite utility in that wasted slot…

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

Sounds to me like someone has been worked over by a P/D Thief a time or two I feel your pain, I really do… That’s why I rolled one !

Na, I have absolutely no problem with them, they are kitten poor against S/D. But they are generally for people who don’t like to get their hands dirty, and that is what a lot of the outcry is about in the forums. Also Mug>C&D>BS, which was supposed to be addressed, was not. Nothing that is ACTUALLY a problem with the class, as per the SotG, was actually touched, which is a massive disappointment to anyone that plays the game with tact.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

IMO we should be happy as I figured mug damage was on the chopping block and reveals between stealths were going in. Both of these are probably still on the table once they see how much culling changes effect thief playability.

I now use tactical strike every 4 seconds instead of the 3 seconds, I now proc blind every 4 seconds instead of 3 seconds, I now purge a condition every 4 seconds instead of 3 seconds, I now proc regen every 4 seconds instead of 3 seconds.
How is this not a 25% nerf to my sustain?
I might as well join the ranks of the CnD chain stealthers. They’re virtually untouched by this.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Jack of Tears.9458

Ya know, I’d seeing a lot of “oh no, you’ll have to rely on X build instead of Stealth, or Burst now, won’t that be a shame?”. And it is a shame because our class should have more than one or two viable builds. If I want to play a month in a stealth build, then I wanna play a month in a burst build, then I wanna do traps and venom, then tanky, I should have those choices … but what the nerfs are doing is forcin’ us into one or two builds to be any good; and they’re kicking the pve-ers in the head while they do it. That is the biggest problem with these nerfs – they’re nerfing our choices.

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)