Patience?

Patience?

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

“Regain initiative faster while in stealth.”
Initiative: 1
Interval: 10 s (tooltip bug actual interval: 3s)

Does anyone use this thing? I really can’t see any use for it other than trolling wvw with permastealth. Why would anyone pick this over infusion of shadows which gives you one more ini and lets you be more aggressive since you don’t need to wait 3 sec to see the benefit of the trait.

see no evil ,until i stab you

Patience?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It is meant to work with extended stealthing like Shadow’s Refuge, which pretty much gives you a lot of initiative in a short amount of time.

For a quick stealth, as you said, Infusion is better.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Patience?

in Thief

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Does it trigger on the Zero-second of stealth? I know the cure conditions in stealth trait cures a condition initially and then once per interval. This one work the same way, give the one initiative initially and then another every 3s?

In which case, Vincent said it better. Infusion is better for popping in and out of stealth, whereas this one is better if you’re staying in stealth for a long time.

Patience?

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

It’s still extremely impractical when compared to infusion – the majority of your standard methods of entering stealth are going to give you 3s(4s with meld) of stealth. Blinding powder + smoke field And refuge are the only practical ways (I can think of atm) you’re ever going to get more init regen from Patience than from infusion.

Though I guess it’s possible to run both Infusion and Patience, I’d honestly never considered it in 2 years of playing because there’s just so many better (some practically necessary) options in SA if you’re going that deep in.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

Patience?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s still extremely impractical when compared to infusion – the majority of your standard methods of entering stealth are going to give you 3s(4s with meld) of stealth. Blinding powder + smoke field And refuge are the only practical ways (I can think of atm) you’re ever going to get more init regen from Patience than from infusion.

Though I guess it’s possible to run both Infusion and Patience, I’d honestly never considered it in 2 years of playing because there’s just so many better (some practically necessary) options in SA if you’re going that deep in.

Patience was obsoleted soon after the Init-regen update. There’s no real reason to take it before and even more so now.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.