Patience is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Seeing all of the grief on the thief forum I just want to say, as an opportunity to show a bit of maturity to the devs (not saying that it is non-existent in this forum), that we should wait until next major balance patch and preferably on the launch of HoT before we decide to reroll or not.

Anet was saying they were going to balance the elite specs (and I think the professions as a whole) for HoT. So there is a chance that it won’t be so bad. In which case, post your criticisms but don’t sound so critical.

Anet apparently reads the thief forums, so the next step is working on having them visit and post more regularly. To achieve that, keeping the criticisms at a minimal level of bite is a good way to make the thief forum more inviting. If anything, posting critical reviews AFTER HoT gets released is more justified.

That is all I am trying to say.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Yeah, I’m all for mature discussions about how to fix the class. The problem is without hearing from the devs about changes or being reassured we are being heard, people tend to get very upset. I don’t like seeing people talking smack on the devs and acting like its the end of the world but I get where they’re coming from. I’d prefer people could approach this forum emotionally sound but seeing as how I just got my kitten handed to me by a Mesmer who I outplayed various times but my S/D Thief just couldn’t keep up with mindless accidental blinds, aoe bursts, invulns, stealth, Mirror of Anguish which is such a stupid OP trait, and mantra cc’s…. yeah, it’s hard to stay emotionally sound when coming here and seeing no ray of hope for the Thief outside of the Elite Spec(for me).

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s three months. That’s quite a while.
I am not interested in S/D, D/P or staff, so I don’t have much hope that things will become better for me. And the flood of reveal traits doesn’t help as well.
Also, a lot of the classes/builds are currently OP, so anet would’ve to nerf a lot of that, I don’t think this is going to happen as a lot of people would be very upset. So, whatever they do, I don’t see how any of it would help thief as nothing of the typical thief core mechanics could help against this power, condition and mindless creep.

Edit: For those digging D/P, staff or S/D though – things likely will become better for you – somewhen in the future. Probably.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

Patience is a virtue, but hope is a limited resource.
I have lost hope that Arenanet will stop taking Thief players for granted…
I am regretting purchasing the expansion now.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Seeing all of the grief on the thief forum I just want to say, as an opportunity to show a bit of maturity to the devs (not saying that it is non-existent in this forum), that we should wait until next major balance patch and preferably on the launch of HoT before we decide to reroll or not.

Well obviously, but it would be nice if they could say a few words about how they intend to fix this mess.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I had 2+ years for patience…. there is nothing left. I seen this class being destroyed patch after patch, i never gave up, i kept playing, played other classes to find even tiny detail that could help me to deal with them, i got kicked from teams for being thief and not mesmer twice. I had hopes for spec patch, it became even worse than i expected. I had hopes for elite spec – it was even worse than i expected. My hopes and patience got kicked in the guts, violated and left dead in the side street. I have been lied to and trolled by them so many times i have nothing positive left in that regard. The whole 2 years of my experience can be summed up as: i am being griefed by “gods” for just playing a thief.

Why should i be patient now? There won’t be anything good. And as matter of fact i hate playing evade build, i would rather play warrior at that point. So even if they did make DrD somehow OK, there would be no reason for me to play this game unless dagger builds are playable. Except by the looks of it devs are trying to make playing experience for stealth based thief builds as frustrating as possible.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Trust is earned.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

It’s three months.

No, 1 month and like 4 days.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It’s three months.

she ment it has been 3 months since spec build aka when devs decided thieves should be a pet and not a class

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

she ment it has been 3 months since spec build aka when devs decided thieves should be a pet and not a class

I did – should’ve written “It’s been three months”.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

I did – should’ve written “It’s been three months”.

Ah my bad, misunderstood.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Any mention of Reveals being too kitten Thieves and exclusively Thieves (’cause other classes who rely on stealth have tons of other mechanics to sustain fights), result in a lot of comments from people like:

“LOL, l2p. Thieves are perma-stealthing forever, noob…”

Getting downvoted to oblivion by Engineers on reddit specilization post xD Looks to me that Toolbelt reveal is going to get nerfed and they know it.

My biggest concern is every class getting a Reveal eventually. In that case it will be absoutely insane to keep up with it as a stealth-based thief.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

If that patch fails for thief it’s 3 more years to go I don’t trust the one they do every 6 months.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I have been calm for 3 years and I have given lots of money for this game and my class. Every time waiting for the next balance update. Now I think I have the right to be disappointed since in 3 years I never saw a good balance compromise with the thief

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: azmodey.4576

azmodey.4576

I patiently play a mesmer… And did you know ?
To beat a thief with a mesmer, hit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, dodge, F3, F1.

To make him rage don’t forget to use stealth to stomp

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

Patience may be a virtue… But that’s a guardian profession mechanic. They’re not sharing their mechanics like thieves are. So….

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

SOON (cough 9 months in anet terms)

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

honey, sometimes you have to make some noise to be heard and there’s nothing immature about it.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Trancid.8514

Trancid.8514

Rerolling is not really an option for me, I find thief to be way more fun than every other class. That’s why I pretend thief is good enough for most things, except I’m 2x more effective with my alts which I have 1/100 of the experience with.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Look at the positive thing. We don’t see anymore Lord Rosicky crying on the thief forum. We lost but the forum war is over.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

So really FG needs to come back. Yes it’s a possible dodge every 4 seconds with the new vigor + endless stamina. That said, protection is a 33% reduction in damage. That means over time you’re basically ignoring every 3rd attack. So if we can dodge once every 4 seconds, I don’t really care if the other classes think that’s too much; thats our form of protection since we lack the protection, invuln, heals, and blocks compared to the other lowest health pool professions.

Even if you combined it with DD, DD only offers 1 extra dodge from full endurance pool and rather limited regen rate increases.

Seriously. Just bring back FG. It only requires 1-3 hits to down a thief right now if they have <75% health.

PS: About patience. We have been pretty patient anyway, but it’s hard to maintain a positive attitude when you get nerfs while everyone else is getting buffs. The forum put up a lot of ideas to help the class since the patch when thieves were obviously undertuned in their defensive lines and some offensive traits. It basically has come to the point where the other professions are stating that thief needs to stay underpowered because they can run away…. that’s really frustrating to deal with.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Look at the positive thing. We don’t see anymore Lord Rosicky crying on the thief forum. We lost but the forum war is over.

he’s only not here because losing to a thief requires shameful ineptitude on any other classes part.

Re: Patience

I’m being patient by not rerolling. I could easily do that or quit.

That doesnt mean I have to stay quiet about it and hope people see and act on this nonsense.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Finally, the infamous OP came up with something completely reasonable. So with that sir, I completely back you up on this. Keep the faith, be patient.

When did Anet say they will have a balance path for Elites & Core specs? That is the real question.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

Finally, the infamous OP came up with something completely reasonable. So with that sir, I completely back you up on this. Keep the faith, be patient.

When did Anet say they will have a balance path for Elites & Core specs? That is the real question.

They’re bringing out new variations and tweeks of the DD with the next BWE for more testing… So then I’d assume. However, they have said nothing in regards to core specs.

Lets be real. When HoT lands, Thief will most likely get looked at and hopefully receive the correct buffs it needs. My only concerns are: If they buff the wrong stuff and “balance” the buff by nerfing the right stuff and if they’ll give any substantialbuffs at all. We got very little in the June Trait changes patch, lets hope for more this time around.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

They’re bringing out new variations and tweeks of the DD with the next BWE for more testing… So then I’d assume. However, they have said nothing in regards to core specs.

Lets be real. When HoT lands, Thief will most likely get looked at and hopefully receive the correct buffs it needs. My only concerns are: If they buff the wrong stuff and “balance” the buff by nerfing the right stuff and if they’ll give any substantialbuffs at all. We got very little in the June Trait changes patch, lets hope for more this time around.

May your belief save you

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I get what you’re saying, BUT we’ve been posting for years to no avail. If the reason they aren’t doing what they ought to do is because their feewings are hurt by our less than obsequious posting, then they can bite my behind.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Patience is a virtue.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Most of us have been patient for the better part of three years. The time for patience is over: HoT is now a month away and elite specializations revealed after ours are looking more thoroughly developed and significantly better overall (not to mention the years worth of still unaddressed design flaws with the Thief profession itself).

If anything, we need to be relentlessly vocal. It’s unfortunate, but it has been proven through similar situations in other MMOs that that the only way to get results as a marginalized class is to get extremely loud and make such a big stink that the developer can’t financially afford to keep ignoring it.

This doesn’t mean to get abusive, inflammatory, or mired in negativity, because there’s plenty of that to go around on this subforum already. It means standing together to hold ArenaNet accountable. Don’t accept vague, non-specific responses like “pistols are something we’re looking to improve”; demand concrete statements of intent and a tentative roadmap on how they plan to get the profession where it needs to be. Otherwise, we will continue to be ignored for another three years until the next expansion comes around and they want our money again…