Patience

Patience

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

hi guys, was wondering if someone had tested and knows what exactly is the initiative regen gain with the X trait from Shadow Arts “Patience”? the tool ti kitten o vague…

Patience: Regain Initiative faster wile in stealth.

I’d like to know for how much…
normally the regen is 2 init every 3 seconds if i’m not mistaking, with Patience, I don’e see any difference or it’s hardly noticeable, does some one know how it works?

thanks in advanced

Patience

in Thief

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

Base regen is 1 initiative per 1.33 seconds.

Patience gives 1 initiative per 3 seconds you are stealthed (Unlike other “In stealth” traits this doesn’t tick upon entering stealth)

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

Patience

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Meaning you’ll only gain a single point of Initiative from it on a single typical stealth. It’s a garbage trait and no one takes it.
Even if it did grant an extra Initiative at the start of stealth as it should, it would still be worse than Infusion of Shadow.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Patience

in Thief

Volrath.1473

Tks for clearing that out for me

Patience

in Thief

Posted by: Raidium.3916

Raidium.3916

Meaning you’ll only gain a single point of Initiative from it on a single typical stealth. It’s a garbage trait and no one takes it.
Even if it did grant an extra Initiative at the start of stealth as it should, it would still be worse than Infusion of Shadow.

Infusion of shadows+Patience+Hide in Shadows+Smoke Screen+dagger/pistol = Perma stealth without needing Shadow refuge. Patience isn’t garbage if you specialize in dagger/pistol.

Patience

in Thief

Volrath.1473

Won’t do you any good in combat…

Patience

in Thief

Posted by: andyMak.6985

andyMak.6985

i do not agree with this!
i use Patience and i drop a blinding powder, then heart seeker and before my stealth is up my Initiative is full again

Patience

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Patience is a bit weak, but it does have some pluses. Assuming we have the 15 SA minor…

For example, a full SR stealth, I believe, gives more initiative with Patience than having Infusion of Shadow does. On the other hand, both HiS and BP, if you stay in them for, say, all four seconds, will give you 1 more initiative with Infusion. However… Patience also gives you extra initiative with the Powder+HS combo, as well as with CnD. IoS doesn’t do that. So… It depends on how much you’re going to utilize your weapon set-granted stealths, I think.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Patience

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

Patience is a bit weak, but it does have some pluses. Assuming we have the 15 SA minor…

For example, a full SR stealth, I believe, gives more initiative with Patience than having Infusion of Shadow does. On the other hand, both HiS and BP, if you stay in them for, say, all four seconds, will give you 1 more initiative with Infusion. However… Patience also gives you extra initiative with the Powder+HS combo, as well as with CnD. IoS doesn’t do that. So… It depends on how much you’re going to utilize your weapon set-granted stealths, I think.

That entire post is made of the most intense concentration of misinformation I have ever seen.
Infusion of Shadow applies every time you apply Stealth. Not every time you enter Stealth.
This means that standing in Shadow Refuge grants 10 Initiative, and you gain 2 Initiative every last time that you Heartseeker through a Blackpowder even without leaving Stealth.
I don’t even know what logic you used to claim Patience gives more Initiative on Cloak and Dagger than Infusion of Shadow, so I can’t really comment on that beyond just saying it does not.

Patience

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

That entire post is made of the most intense concentration of misinformation I have ever seen.
Infusion of Shadow applies every time you apply Stealth. Not every time you enter Stealth.
This means that standing in Shadow Refuge grants 10 Initiative, and you gain 2 Initiative every last time that you Heartseeker through a Blackpowder even without leaving Stealth.
I don’t even know what logic you used to claim Patience gives more Initiative on Cloak and Dagger than Infusion of Shadow, so I can’t really comment on that beyond just saying it does not.

Hey, calm down.

Perhaps you’re right; however, in my experience, I have never seen any initiative regeneration come from, say, a CnD or a BP+HS combo. The skill itself reads

Gain 2 initiative when using a skill that stealths you.

Not

Gain 2 initiative when you apply stealth.

The way I’ve always read the description was that any skill that caused stealth gave two initiative, not the 10 initiative regeneration from SR or whatnot. Now, it’s been a while since I tried IoS with CnD or BP+HS, so maybe I just need to try it out again. I’m sorry if I really kitten you off so much that that was your response.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Patience

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

I’m not overreacting, I was being honest.
That was a fair sized post, and I don’t think one thing in it was accurate.
That was surprise, if anything.

Patience

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

I’m not overreacting, I was being honest.
That was a fair sized post, and I don’t think one thing in it was accurate.
That was surprise, if anything.

If you thought that I was intentionally lying, I might understand. But clearly that wasn’t the case. There was something that I didn’t realize about IoS, and you decided to blow up because of it. That’s how I interpreted it, anyways.

Let’s keep the conversation civil, ok?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Patience

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

I should have handled it with more tact, so I’ll just apologize.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)