Penalty if stealthed for over a minute.

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

Ghost thief is a problem.

Midi has a solution.

New self inflicted debuff: Vitamin D Deficiency

Description: You’ve been hiding in the shadows for too long and need some sun.

Effect: Cannot stealth for 1 minute.

Trigger: Stealthed for 1 minute.

Disabled in PvP?: Idk.

Do I have a Vitamin D Deficiency IRL?: Yes.

in Thief

Midi.8359

I know what you’re thinking. GW2 doesn’t have milk as a consumable since the Asura have yet to invent refrigerators. How will us thieves cleanse our Vitamin D Deficiency?

Worry not. We will do what our great-grandfathers did when they had no refrigerators.

We will turn our milk into Cheese: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cheese_Triangle

in Thief

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I too feel like every class should have a penalty for using one of it’s core mechanics!

/End Sarcasm

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Thief

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

Add pocket cheese F3 to cleanse it for ultimate balance.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

in Thief

Midi.8359

I too feel like every class should have a penalty for using one of it’s core mechanics!

/End Sarcasm

In no reasonable thief build will you stealth for more than a minute consecutively. This affects nothing except the problem of ghost thief. Call me wrong and I can push it to a minute thirty or two minutes at max. Nothing stealths that long as part of its core playstyle except ghost thief.

@Kumouta, good idea. Adding cheese to the F3 slot would add a new dynamic to thief gameplay that would really bring some needed complexity to the class. Good thieves will be separated from bad based on when/how they choose to use their cheese. We could also make the type of cheese change via traits. But we need to be careful in balancing that. I don’t want D/P/Provolone to become the only way thieves can play. Some thieves will want to spec D/D/Parmesan for its rich & sharp flavor and we should make sure to support those thieves.

(edited by Midi.8359)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Can we have those for immunities, blocks, regens, heals and similar then? Not trying to defend ghost thief but other classes have just as much if not more cheese.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Midi.8359

If and when other classes can get a two minute consecutive invuln, then yea sure I think there should be systems in place to stop that.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Wait, people lose to ghost thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: OpLickem.8250

OpLickem.8250

I was writhing around on the ground in Bitterfrost Frontier’s cave full of vets and pain on my squishy elementalist kitty when a shadow passed me by, grabbed all of the unbound magic and continued on without a care. I cannot overstate my rage and envy. My only solution until this effect is implemented is to play a ghost thief myself. Even if I can’t kill anything, as long as I can tag champs and move on again… that’s all I want in life. Well, maybe that and a single precursor drop but first thing’s first.

((Did I do it right?))

Bloodcovered Backstabbin’ Blackjack the Blade, at your service.

in Thief

Midi.8359

Well no, but they usually interrupt my bi-weekly sun-tanning sessions in WvW and that’s annoying.

@OpLickEm, Yes.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Well no, but they usually interrupt my bi-weekly sun-tanning sessions in WvW and that’s annoying.

@OpLickEm, Yes.

Annoying doesn’t automatically warrant a nerf. I think FA eles are annoying to fight, but that doesn’t mean they’re op in any way.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I know I am a broken record but Stealth Stacking has been OP since launch.

No class should be able to stealth up to an enemy, drop a ton of DPS and vanish 3s later for an undetermined amount of time with so few counter play options. Ghost took an already OP system to an absurd level.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

no worries guys, new reveal sigil will fix it all…

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I just don’t understand why they can’t just remove stealth stacking entirely on all professions. First application maintains its duration and doesn’t get overwritten by others. This solves many problems for many builds.

Yes, it is a substantial hit to D/P thief in sPvP for map traversal for surprises for +1’s, but initiative costs could be managed and the innate capabilities of the thief (or traits) also buffed as a means of compensation.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I just don’t understand why they can’t just remove stealth stacking entirely on all professions. First application maintains its duration and doesn’t get overwritten by others. This solves many problems for many builds.

Yes, it is a substantial hit to D/P thief in sPvP for map traversal for surprises for +1’s, but initiative costs could be managed and the innate capabilities of the thief (or traits) also buffed as a means of compensation.

I still do not think they can do that to thief without rework of SA. Removal of stealth stack just demolishes that line.

Added to that there utility removed from Combo fields such as smoke with SB to stealth a group. a 3 second stealth using that combo is just not worth it for ini spent. Innate to the design of fields is you can use them for more then one iteration of a given finisher otherwise why have them persist?

I think there would have to be a lot more buffs and reworks of traits then meets the eye at first glance and history has shown these types of reworks take a LONG time to address.

in Thief

Midi.8359

That’s because that change is so small and insignificant that it’d only affect like, 1% of all thief builds and playstyles. This change on the other hand is easy to implement because it affects 100% of all thief build and playstyles. We would have to add a F3 cheese slot that every thief would have to adapt too.

in Thief

Posted by: saloja.7920

saloja.7920

Hi!

I just wanted to address the fact that milk or cheese aren’t really a proper source of vitamin d. Some milk products might have vitamins added, but the vitamins don’t occur naturally in dairy.

Please see your pharmasist or a doctor if you suffer from chronic vitamin deficiency!

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I still do not think they can do that to thief without rework of SA. Removal of stealth stack just demolishes that line.

Added to that there utility removed from Combo fields such as smoke with SB to stealth a group. a 3 second stealth using that combo is just not worth it for ini spent. Innate to the design of fields is you can use them for more then one iteration of a given finisher otherwise why have them persist?

We have been over our disagreements on this in other threads so I won’t rehash those. I do agree if they remove Stealth Stacking (which I believe is a VERY good change) that a handful of skills/traits would need some adjustment to their cost or duration. I would suggest lowering Black Powder’s cost in conjunction as an example.

Not trying to neuter a weapon set or trait line, but would like to see more counter play options open up against heavy stealth and see more skilled play requirements (on most classes).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Midi.8359

Hi!

I just wanted to address the fact that milk or cheese aren’t really a proper source of vitamin d. Some milk products might have vitamins added, but the vitamins don’t occur naturally in dairy.

Please see your pharmasist or a doctor if you suffer from chronic vitamin deficiency!

This is important information. While we are lucky enough to have vitamins in our modern world. What will thieves do to solve their Vitamin D Deficiency in the archaic world of GW2?

Also I should probably see how bad my doctor thinks my deficiency IRL is…

Edit: A thought, have there been any studies on the medical effects of consuming ectoplasm?

(edited by Midi.8359)

in Thief

Posted by: saloja.7920

saloja.7920

There has always been an easy answer for vit-d acquirement:

PRAISE THE SUN!

in Thief

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

Edit: A thought, have there been any studies on the medical effects of consuming ectoplasm?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma
There have been studies indicating, that plasma could truly be a vitamin bomb. Thanks to the MMA (Mesmer Medical Association), who are known to have the monopoly on Plasma, the cost of this treatment unfortunately is unaffordable for the most of us.

(edited by BikeIsGone.8675)

in Thief

Midi.8359

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma
There have been studies indicating, that plasma could truly be a vitamin bomb. Thanks to the MMA (Mesmer Medical Association), who are known to have the monopoly on Plasma, the cost of this treatment unfortunately is unaffordable for the most of us.

Dang. If only we had standardized healthcare in GW2. Then mesmers wouldn’t be able to monopolize plasma and charge outrageous prices to us thieves.

What we need is a leader. Someone who’s willing to make Tyria great again.