Perplexity runes with thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Mikey.1456

Mikey.1456

Problem- sleight of hand causes daze okay I got that but does it activate the perplexity rune number 6 skill to cause confusion on daze this is my problem or is it glitched I tried testing it but I’m not to sure it seems in pve that it doesn’t . Steal is at 21second cool down and the rune 6 (daze on steal)cool down is 15 seconds now does it work? Any other thieves know?

in Thief

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

I cant say for sure. My understanding of Perplexity Runes is that you have to actually interrupt a skill for confusion to apply. Try it against an enemy like trolls that are slow to attack but you can easily identify when the attack is coming. then use steal. Best advice i can give maybe someone knows more. good luck to you.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Thief

Mikey.1456

I still dont get it because when I daze a enemy they are interrupted because they can’t use skills.

in Thief

Mikey.1456

In wiki a daze is considered and interrupt so I would assume that it should cause confusion but it seems like it doesn’t.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

You have to time and interrupt a foe not just go ham with dazes, any CC will trigger it if you interrupt a skill I only use it on my necro tough.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Again Mikey. Like Sagat stated as well.

Just because the skill says it interrupts you can’t interrupt someone who might be standing still doing nothing…otherwise what is there to interrupt? Your target has to be using a skill when you steal. Not before…not after. If you find that no matter what you do, then i would say either the rune or skill is bugged. Please try to time your steal (since it is instant cast) so that you are using it while someone or something is actually using a skill. That’s why i said to use the skill against an enemy with a long / slow animation for an attack. it really would be the best way to test it. I really don’t know what else to say. hope you figure it out. good luck

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Thief

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Steal dazes people, wich is a status effect.

Being dazed is not the same as being interrupted

However, if you daze someone while they are casting a spell, the daze will interrupt it, wich will trigger the #6

in Thief

Posted by: Quinci.5968

Quinci.5968

As Kousetsu said above me, if you actually interrupt a skill cast it does proc the confusion. I run perplexity on my thief with daze on steal so I can say this with certainty.