Perplexity thief (powfusment build)+ video

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

after testing my p/d torment build i want to make new thief which benefit the new perplexity runes

i saw the p/p build and want to make better one which does

better direct dmg
stun lock
condition pressure

as i played also s/p i try to play with this idea and combined them

so this is my build – pls comments

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAqY8alUmKNHcy9E/5Ey2jeqC5JvHOIZZWaFoJA-j0CBYLRGpJg0CAkFQ0HhO9pIasl1FRjVJDQtATjaR1eEMa1CBMaBA-w

tested it in wvw
i start with p/d to soft my enemy with bleed and torment and switch to s/p to stun luck when they try to heal or use skill to burst me which put in average 8-13 stacks of confusion
when the enemy see the bleed torment confusion and good direct dmg with pistol whip their only answer is to run

dmg calculation
confusion – 1160-1900 per skills use (with 8-13 stacks)
torment – 4000 (with 3 stacks)
pistol whip – 5000-6000
auto attack with sword – 600-2000
auto attack with pistol – 400-600

defense mode with infiltrator strike , shadow refuge, many dodges, and shadow strike
so… not so many so have to play very carefully

with roaming group this build is very good

sometimes i could put 25 stacks of confusion which is funny to watch

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I like the concept of the build. But are you aware that most smart people don’t stay in the Pistol Whip. The pistol whip puts you in a vulnerable position. While yes you do have the evades you’re rooted to that one spot. With P/P you have a bit more freedom. P/D- D/P for your kind of build are the sets you’d want to use. But you would be heavily dependent on initiative.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Just stop using perplexity runes. It’s OP and makes you look like a noob. No, it doesn’t even look like it, you are one.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just stop using perplexity runes. It’s OP and makes you look like a noob. No, it doesn’t even look like it, you are one.

Bitter much?

in Thief

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Bitter much?

If you’re against Baruch Bay which is full of the rune abusing noobs, to the point that you barely play anymore because of stuff like this, you’d be too. It RUINS the WvW experience and everyone who helps that should be ashamed.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Thief

messiah.1908

I like the concept of the build. But are you aware that most smart people don’t stay in the Pistol Whip. The pistol whip puts you in a vulnerable position. While yes you do have the evades you’re rooted to that one spot. With P/P you have a bit more freedom. P/D- D/P for your kind of build are the sets you’d want to use. But you would be heavily dependent on initiative.

thanks,

i also try p/p with s/p and i think sometime its better but dagger off hand gives you stealth which u need in some cases.

i dont like d/p and have played it alot

i dont spam pistol whip until i am sure i can catch my enemy off guard . so i try to soften him a bit with p/p or p/d with bleed and torment and 3 stack of confusion which can put him on 50% hp . so he have to be very carefull as torment does double dmg and confusion does dmg when u use skill or dodge (as u see the dmg form condition is medium so its more about the pressure with the direct dmg)
than they usually try to heal then i steal to daze or infiltrator strike to immobilized and pistol whip to death so if he got stun break he will take 2k dmg and still be in defense mode so i can just auto attack with sword or pistol or again pistol whip if he close

in Thief

messiah.1908

here a short video i made of the build

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

don’t get the point of the video … a bunch of short clips of group fights.

i think hybrid builds are meh + conditions against a good group suck.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

messiah.1908

i know some ppl will say hybrid build are meh and as you said condition might be suck

its depends on your playstyle

the video shows the dmg done and the playstyle in group in several situation burst
1v1, 1v5, 3v1 etc

after playing all the thieves build and mainly in wvw which zerker are not so common in group or solo fight , the condition combined with power are very good as they put a lot of pressure on your enemy .

you start with condition softness so he think you condition base but than you attack with power so u basicly can adapt to any situation

full zerk build will do maybe more 2k dmg if he hits in melee
but i can do 5k with condition from afar so basicly its better

again playstyle …

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

So this build specializes in what? Group fight?, i am assuming since thats all there was if i am correct??

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Daendur.2357

full zerk build will do maybe more 2k dmg if he hits in melee
but i can do 5k with condition from afar so basicly its better

again playstyle …

the problem is that if you are facing a decent group, conditions won’t last.
If you are talking about pugs ok, but no one in an organized group will take 5k from conditions.

in Thief

messiah.1908

So this build specializes in what? Group fight?, i am assuming since thats all there was if i am correct??

although the video shows group fight u can see some 1v1 burst play style
i am still testing it and can take 1v1 but 1v2 or more is too hard at least for me with this build without the stealth on demand
against perpexlity engin won 4:1 if he caught you in his area with stun you are gone in seconds with all the conditions
against mesmer, ele, warrior ,guardian also won but most fight they just run
against necro and ranger really easy

with group fight the back line will use conditions cleanse at the burst so you got 10-20 seconds to hit hard after the burst. as you can see thieves come from the back or sides and not with the front line thus you can achieve 5k dmg (ele can cleanse easily)

this build is really hard to play as most s/p build compare to other builds like d/p
if u miss or getting target by few, run as you are in really bad situation.

in Thief

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Just stop playing thief. It’s OP and makes you look like a noob. No, it doesn’t even look like it, you are one.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Thief

messiah.1908

why the few ppl who can handle thieves always shout “op” “noob”?!

at the current state thieves are no op . maybe some player are

learn the game and get better and have fun while doing so that’s the all point!

in Thief

messiah.1908

another short fun video against perplexity thief and mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

But you can always just move away when they moved out of the whipping part (use a dodge so they don’t hit you). I’ve been using S/P for quite a while now and it still works in duels. Used to run D/D second set (now P/P for fun) so I could surprise them with a backstab when they finally start to get how to avoid the stunning. Now I do it with unload (which works better against those few that try to flee)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

messiah.1908

ok i found warrior i couldnt beat
we dual 4 times and i only manage to put him on 50% hp

he run 3400 toughness, -65% condition duration 21k hp mace/shield and greatsword
this fight was very long or very short depend if i manage to dodge/stunbreak his 3 seconds stun/daze

his only complaint was i was hard to catch) but bleed and confusion and torment wasnt last too long to impact enough

and also fought another warrior running something similar and only manage to get him run away and restart the fight….

any suggestion how to bit it?

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Thief

Daendur.2357

ok i found warrior i couldnt beat
we dual 4 times and i only manage to put him on 50% hp

he run 3400 toughness, -65% condition duration 21k hp mace/shield and greatsword
this fight was very long or very short depend if i manage to dodge/stunbreak his 3 seconds stun/daze

his only complaint was i was hard to catch) but bleed and confusion and torment wasnt last too long to impact enough

and also fought another warrior running something similar and only manage to get him run away and restart the fight….

any suggestion how to bit it?

Usually warriors don’t have much HoT so I found that, for me, the better way is a quick in&out approach.
Stealth, BS, dodge, heartseeker, C&D, BS, dodge and so on … shadowstep when he starts his chain stun, dodge his charge.
In your build I would change Instinctual Response with Bountiful Theft to rip boons and gain vigor (it’s 15sec vigor every 20)
But i think you have small to none chances since your main damage is from condition and you realy on stun and immobilize (with sword) that are conditions aswell and the -65% condi duration is a real pain.
Maybe you can change to p/d – d/p put in Hidden killer and gain a decent direct damage through backstab.

in Thief

messiah.1908

yes i guess more direct dmg than stun/daze
another fellow thief with d/p try him and got killed so i guess we both bad or this warrior good

for thieves if we miss our cnd 2 time we basically doomed to die

after several time i manage to put him on 500 hp while i was 100 hp but got hit

so back to the draft table…

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

It’s one of the newer OP warrior builds. Not many classes can beat it, and thief has the least chance because of inability to keep pressure on while also surviving and doing enough damage to offset the massive regen.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

it’s not really a new warrior build. when they first came out like 2 months ago, I started QQ about it cuz it was hard for me to kill at the time. Turns out it was their new OP build. and fast forward 2 months it’s still OP.

i just started eating +condi duration like a week after first running into them to counter that type of warrior specifically, and I haven’t failed to kill any warriors since then with my control build. But mostly the warriors I faced are pretty bad so yea…hard to know for sure.

But mace+shield/greatsword is like 1-2 months old really. perplexity builds are the new rage.

At this point, I think perplexity is the new OP.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

messiah.1908

even with average 8-13 stacks the warrior just cleans them or dont attack for 3 seconds

so conditions against these build wont work or at least after long long fight

imo after 5 min fight or both of u are good or build to much defensively (like dd ele)

in Thief

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

I love my perplexity P/P hybrid build, I take advantage of all my stealth skills and traits so I have a fair amount of it, sport 1k condi damage, and have enough direct damage to apply pressure with unloads etc.

Very fun to use I actually enjoy my thief now.

Help