Pistol Mastery trait needs improved.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

- Increases Pistol Range to 1200.
- Makes Vital Shot a 100% Projectile Finisher.
- Increases Pistol Damage by 10%.
- Makes Vital Shot Fire Faster.
- Lowers all Pistol Skills by 1 initiative.
- Adds 5 seconds of burning to Body Shot.
- Makes Headshot give 10 seconds of 1 stack of confusion.
- Black Powder additionally creates a “Combo Field: Fire.”

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’m hoping this isn’t a serious post. I’d say it was satire, but mocking yourself seems strange.

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

satirical it may seem,

but in this forum exaggeration is the key for a suggestion to be noticed,

(like how other classes clamour for thief nerfs, they exaggerate and they conquer)

so its our turn to exaggerate to be buffed

in Thief

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I’m hoping this isn’t a serious post. I’d say it was satire, but mocking yourself seems strange.

See the name of the poster. If you’re still taking him/her/it serious than you haven’t been around long enough.

in Thief

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Let’s make this a tad more reasonable

Increase Pistol dmage by 15%.
Increases Vital Shot to 100% projectile finisher (why is not it already?)
Increase pistol range by 20%.

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

Body Shot needs burning :

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

- SB has 900 range as well, so no need to buff the pistol range
- Not really sure about this one, but since SB attack has 20% as well, no changes here
- Nah, the damage is ok
- Why so? Isnt it fast enough?
- Troll
- Troll
- That makes sense if u ask me, but if you consider that it is a pistol shot instead of a sword hit, dazing is ok (but should be hitkill, it’s a headshot after all)
- There’s an yes and a no. It’s powder, so creating a smoke field makes sense, but you can make it burn and boom, explosion happens, and there’s your fire field. Work more on this idea, it’s a nice suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

In all seriousness, Ricochet should really be better. Give it a 50% for once bounce, 25% for an additional bounce. That would be much closer to being balanced with the piercing available for rifles.

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Lol @ Ricochet.
The trait needs to be scrapped.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Here are my ideas:
-Boost pistol range to 3000
-Make “Body Shot” fire a harpoon that goes through the enemy for 5K damage and pulls them to you.
-Increase auto attack damage by 200%
-Make headshot blow the head off of your enemy if it’s the last hit that enemy takes before dying
-Make the autoattack fire paintballs that stay on enemy armor/skin permanently.
-When you use black powder, the entire field is covered in smoke for 10 seconds
-Shooting through black powder blinds enemy players.
-Vital shot’s bleeding (since the picture shows a foot) now adds 10s cripple.
-Bleeding from Vital Shot appears as blood gushing out of the enemy.
-When you get hit with headshot, your speakers make an extremely loud banging noise, followed by a constant ringing for the next three minutes
-For Unload, the player unloads both of his/her guns and throws them at his/her opponent. Instakill if attack hits.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I don’t think it’s satire, Daecollo is starting (with starting I mean he started loooooong ago) to get known for posting completly overpowered sugestions like they were completly balanced… Seriously you should stop doing that before no one takes anything you sugest seriously.

Aditionally some of those doesn’t make sense at all like Black Powder being Smoke AND Fire combo field… do you know the game mechanics? You can only trigger one field at the same time so having 2 combo fields in the same place has the same effect as just one so that’s completly pointless.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I don’t think it’s satire, Daecollo is starting (with starting I mean he started loooooong ago) to get known for posting completly overpowered sugestions like they were completly balanced… Seriously you should stop doing that before no one takes anything you sugest seriously.

Aditionally some of those doesn’t make sense at all like Black Powder being Smoke AND Fire combo field… do you know the game mechanics? You can only trigger one field at the same time so having 2 combo fields in the same place has the same effect as just one so that’s completly pointless.

That’s why I’m not sure if he’s being serious or not. If he is, the idea is so ridiculously overpowered it would not be the product of a rational mind.
If he wasn’t serious, that means he’s mocking himself since he’s the very person making all these incredibly overpowered suggestions.

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

When it starts lagging in eternal battleground after big stonemist fights, the attackspeed often gets increased by 50%, that makes you totally destroy people.

Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

DUDE THAT IS SO OP OMGOMGOMG so I took the time to keep with your idea but make it a bit more reasonable to keep the community happy.

- Makes Vital Shot a 100% Projectile Finisher and returns 3 initiative on use.
- Increases Pistol Damage by 25% when wielding a pistol.
- Makes Vital Shot Fire 100% faster whilst standing on your feet.
- Lowers all Pistol Skills by 2 initiative. 50% chance to not use up initiative.
- Adds 5 seconds of burning, bleeding, chill, immobilize and cripple to Body Shot.
- Makes Headshot give 7.6273 seconds of 300 stack of confusion.
- Black Powder additionally creates a “Combo Field: Fire.” “Combo Field: Dark”.
- Pistols now come with an F2 skill. Pull out a semi automatic hand gun and fire 21 bullets into your enemy. Cooldown 2 seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

Honestly some of those aren’t bad ideas for seperate traits. The current traits we have for pistol are kittening terrible.

Ricochet – Pistol shots have a 20% chance to bounce to an additional target.
Pistol Mastery – +10% damage with pistols.
Ankle Shots – Critical hits with a pistol have a 60% chance to cripple foes for 3s. (Cooldown of 10 seconds).

Ricochet is a pathetic joke and complete waste of a trait, even at 100% chance it’d be a poor choice because it’s still garbage AOE damage and for anything else it just agro’s mobs you didn’t want to agro. Pistol Mastery doesn’t work for every pistol skill as far as I’ve heard and pistols do terrible damage per shot regardless. Ankle shots is just a joke with that cooldown. 3 seconds every 10 seconds? kitten that.

in Thief

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

My two cents: make Vital shot have 0 cast time, just like Ranger’s Shortbow #1. Sure that skill only gives bleed from flanking, but Rangers also get a pet, so I think Vital Shot giving bleed all the time (even if shorter duration) would be completely balanced.

Edit: Whoops – it seems Crossfire (ranger’s shortbow #1) has a 1/2 activation time just as Vital Shot. Why does Vital Shot feel so much more sluggish then?

Are ye laughin’ yet?

(edited by ZenonSeth.5739)

in Thief

Humorless.1573

My two cents: make Vital shot have 0 cast time, just like Ranger’s Shortbow #1. Sure that skill only gives bleed from flanking, but Rangers also get a pet, so I think Vital Shot giving bleed all the time (even if shorter duration) would be completely balanced.

Edit: Whoops – it seems Crossfire (ranger’s shortbow #1) has a 1/2 activation time just as Vital Shot. Why does Vital Shot feel so much more sluggish then?

Because it is.

Vital Shot keeps up 4-5 stacks of bleeding (4s)
Ranger SB keeps up 5-6 stacks of bleeding (3s)

in Thief

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

[snip]
Because it is.

Haha, this is a joke. You are correct of course, but the design is a joke. Both listed as 1/2 activation time, and Vital Shot gives 1s longer bleed, one would imagine that the vital shot would keep up more stacks. One would imagine they have the same rate of fire.

More “jokes”:

• Both deal 134 dmg per hit, with the same damage coefficient – but as established Crossfire has a higher rate of fire, meaning significantly more damage.
  • Not only that but Rangers’ skills are theoretically only 50% or so from their damage output, because they also get a pet.
  • Edit: Crossfire also has 1200 range, but Vital Shot has 900.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

Are ye laughin’ yet?

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

I love vital shot for what it supposedly is.

I hate vital shot because it isn’t that thing.

I hate pistols because they have no mobility together.

Traits for pistols are lacking and provide no real competition over the other options, considering how clunky they are.

in Thief

Humorless.1573

Haha, this is a joke. You are correct of course, but the design is a joke. Both listed as 1/2 activation time, and Vital Shot gives 1s longer bleed, one would imagine that the vital shot would keep up more stacks. One would imagine they have the same rate of fire.

More “jokes”:

• Both deal 134 dmg per hit, with the same damage coefficient – but as established Crossfire has a higher rate of fire, meaning significantly more damage.
  • Not only that but Rangers’ skills are theoretically only 50% or so from their damage output, because they also get a pet.
  • Edit: Crossfire also has 1200 range, but Vital Shot has 900.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

If ArenaNet actually changed Vital Shot to what the stats say it’s supposed to be and adjust the bleed to 3s to avoid imbalance condition thieves would actually be useful. Can’t let that happen, eh?

And yes, I know p/d and p/p have extra utility, but SB ranger has decent utility and a pet as well.

Must nerf thieves before buffing (or fixing, really) anything. All the thief ranged specs are kittening trash.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Because it is.

On top of that, Crossfire does much better direct damage. Also, Bleeding Shot keeps up 6-7 stack of bleeding.

Something is wrong with Vital Shot, period.

in Thief

Posted by: Starbird.4029

Starbird.4029

All P/P needs is to focus either on direct damage or conditions (not both), better AOE and some better tools for mobility and better range.

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

Change the bleed to 2s and make the pistol fire at 0.5 speed as intended.