Pistol OH #4

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Now that short bow has gon from bad to worse, having a weapon set used for 1 single skill (#5) seems really bad…

What would you say if pistol #4 that is already bad and no one wastes init on it, what if it was change into a similar ability as SB #5 with shorter range?

SB will still be mandatory for wvwvw cuz of blastibe although its auto attack doesn’t even hit critters that move 1 step…

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Pistol #4 is one of the best skills in our arsenal. Situational though.

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

P/P just needs a leap finisher and Number 2 to not be useless.

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

This, 100%.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: anonim.5932

anonim.5932

Just need Pistol #2 to be worth activating. #4 is a really powerfull skill. Try to interrupt enemies while they want to finish someone… multiple times =)

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

i guess we’ll have to keep slotting Short Bow for 1 single skill and waste a hole weapon set…

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Since when is headshot bad?
Sure you didn’t mean body shot? srs.

The great forum duppy.

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Cyzaine.8061

Cyzaine.8061

OH pistol is pretty awesome as is in. Leave it alone… or maybe drop its init cost of 4 by 1… please?

[CC] of {JQQ} – Fighting the good fight since BWE1

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

OH pistol is pretty awesome as is in. Leave it alone… or maybe drop its init cost of 4 by 1… please?

I would actually like that.

Drop it to 2 and add a 8 second cool-down.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

No, it needs an autoattack that manages sufficient DPS so you aren’t forced into Initiative starvation desperately spamming Unload to manage mediocre damage.

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

No, it needs an autoattack that manages sufficient DPS so you aren’t forced into Initiative starvation desperately spamming Unload to manage mediocre damage.

Go ahead and preach this. P/P will still be a dumb as rock sitting duck set regardless.
At best you’ll push it to remain 3-1 play with occasional 4 use. Which is essentially exactly how it plays now.

Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which can make them very hard to hit.

Thieves are the masters of mobility, stealth and high single target damage. They can be very fragile if you counter their stealth with area of effects or large stacks of conditions, but they trade this fragility in order to have some of the highest burst damage in the game. They are able to help allies through traps, venoms and the mobility to flank most encounters.

All the bolded is how they describe the thief.
All the bolded is what P/P lacks.
P/P is a thief set in name alone.
P/P will always bea joke as a result.
Drop the auto to 2k dmg a shot, hell speed it up 30% You’ll still be a sitting duck playing a bootleg Longbow Ranger with a thief.

P/P has a fundamental issue in it’s very design that is contradictory to their own vision of the thief in the first place. Improving the auto will not solve this, as beneficial as that may be.

Ah whatever, what am I doing caring about a weapon set that is thief in name alone.

inb4everythingimsayingisliesandcompletelyfalse.
inb4P/Phasmobility
inb4P/Pisagile
inb4P/Ptotallyplayslikeathief

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which can make them very hard to hit.

Thieves are the masters of mobility, stealth and high single target damage. They can be very fragile if you counter their stealth with area of effects or large stacks of conditions, but they trade this fragility in order to have some of the highest burst damage in the game. They are able to help allies through traps, venoms and the mobility to flank most encounters.

Drop the auto to 2k dmg a shot, hell speed it up 30% You’ll still be a sitting duck playing a bootleg Longbow Ranger with a thief.

This. P/P is bad and most people understand that, but it isn’t just bad just because it does poor damage. P/P will never be damaging enough to offset terrible mobility, and the raw utility P/P brings is more effectively used with other weapon sets. If the devs stopped being deathly afraid of giving thieves access to boons then giving P/P organic Vigor and/or Swiftness would be a good start. P/P would be an excellent opportunity to expand the thief’s theme of endurance bonuses, and create a weapon set that meshes really well with the Acrobatic defensive playstyle instead of the Shadow Arts defensive playstyle. Bonus endurance is potentially gamebreaking on some sets due to their built-in evades, something P/P lacks.

Why the heck did dagger mainhand get the endurance-boosting auto attack anyways?

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Go ahead and preach this. P/P will still be a dumb as rock sitting duck set regardless.
At best you’ll push it to remain 3-1 play with occasional 4 use. Which is essentially exactly how it plays now.

P/P has a fundamental issue in it’s very design that is contradictory to their own vision of the thief in the first place. Improving the auto will not solve this, as beneficial as that may be.

Ah whatever, what am I doing caring about a weapon set that is thief in name alone.

inb4everythingimsayingisliesandcompletelyfalse.
inb4P/Phasmobility
inb4P/Pisagile
inb4P/Ptotallyplayslikeathief

^^^^^^^^^
this
this so harding right now i can’t even
sirsguise
wai waste time writing all this out about a class just to lie about it in-game
oh…waitright……

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

An evasive Gunslinger? I like it.

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

exactly; in what way is pistol #4 useless, op?

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

An evasive Gunslinger? I like it.

*an evasive class
every weapon set should have a movement or evasion attack
the entire class is BASED off fluid motion/evasion
(or as we were told,as someone pointed out above)
all weapon sets have at least 1 motion/evasion ability

we have:
D/D
Death Blossom
Heartseeker

D/P
Shadow Shot

S/D
Infiltrator’s Strike
Flanking Strike

S/P
Pistol Whip

SB
Infiltrator’s Arrow

let’s see….
what does pistol mainhand and dual pistols have?

Body Shot

(edited by Alpha.1308)

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Now that short bow has gon from bad to worse, having a weapon set used for 1 single skill (#5) seems really bad…

What would you say if pistol #4 that is already bad and no one wastes init on it, what if it was change into a similar ability as SB #5 with shorter range?

SB will still be mandatory for wvwvw cuz of blastibe although its auto attack doesn’t even hit critters that move 1 step…

first off Pistol 4 is a wonderful ability with too small an init cost( IMO), and to say that SB 5 is mandatory in WvW means that either you run a Baskstab burst build and have no idea how to fight as a thief, but just wanna 1 shot people, or your just simply bad. SB is situational when it’s used, but you should be using it for the #4 poison field and #2 blast finisher, as well as #3 being great for getting a little breathing room against heavy hitting melees while your waiting for weapon swap/heal/etc to be available. if your a thief fighting in close range your gonna want weakness on your foe/s and SB is great at doing that if you don’t have 15 points in DA. SB still does what it needs to do, and pistol OH skills are still good as well.

EDIT: Body shot is pretty lame, but not entirely useless. 5 stacks of vulnerability on a ranged ability is better than most classes/profs get so even if most of us rarely use it, it’s still a pretty decent ability considering what it does. BS is about 10x better than Ele’s Scepter Water 2 which only applies 4 stacks of vulnerability and it has that terrible dlayed aoe that everyone and their mother can spot and avoid with ease lol.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

(edited by Parktou.4263)

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Headshot needs a slight dmg buff.

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.3086

Kadin.3086

1/2s daze pls

4444444444444444 meta > 3333333333333 meta > 22222222222 meta

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I use that skill for one purpose only – interrupt a heal or any other dangerous attack. I don’t care about the damage, because I will never use it for dps. Interrupting a heal means target = dead.

It doesn’t need to change, it works perfect just the way it is!

Melder – Thief

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

I use that skill for one purpose only – interrupt a heal or any other dangerous attack. I don’t care about the damage, because I will never use it for dps. Interrupting a heal means target = dead.

It doesn’t need to change, it works perfect just the way it is!

Exactly this. Who cares about the damage of a single skill that can turn the tide of a fight easily when the rest of your weapon skills already have plenty of utility and damage… But guess I’m a noob that prefers to live and still to damage than hit a little harder and possibly die :/

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

i guess we’ll have to keep slotting Short Bow for 1 single skill and waste a hole weapon set…

Are you kidding me?

Shortbow is our best secondary weapon ever! (not as good as primary though). It got:

- AoE auto attack (I don’t know how others are dealing with the “nerf” but I’m doing good and still getting my hits even without the heat seeking).

- The best combo finisher in the WHOLE GAME. Spammable Splash Finisher? Yes please.

- One of the best “save my life” buttons. When you see a huge area surrounded by a lot of red circles that you know you won’t be able to evade and you’re not sure when they will hit or you don’t want to waste (or don’t have) stamina, spam 3 and save yourself from everything.

- An AoE poison that when traited (and it’s a minor trait for everyone with at least 15 in DA) reduces everyone’s damage to 75%. It’s like applying Protection to teamates but using it on enemies, and you can basically maintain it in everyone if you want.

- Our best travelling skill that allows to a lot of shortcuts if you know them.

Aditionally it synergizes well with any primary weapon and stats distribution. Shortbow is the best secondary weapon the Thief has for all the utility it gives to complement your primary set (specially as initiative is shared between both weapons, so your secondary set should cover utilities rather than more pure offense as the recharge of boths sets is shared unlike other professions that keep swapping to throw recharged damaging skills) and is probably the only set where you would use everysingle skill when needed instead of 5-1-1-5-1-1 or 3333333333, probably because it’s a 2 handed weapon so it was designed with everything it would need in mind. If you’re using it for a single button you’re using it the wrong way.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Pistol OH #4

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

OH Pistol 4 would be worth it if it did zero damage and the description read “prevents heal and only heal if it hits”