Pistol/Pistol new meta?

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

next page pls (15 chars minimum)

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

You’ve completely missed the point of the whole thread…

Says someone who took things out of context because this someone cannot be bothered to actually read the “whole” thread. Bye.

And the lord said unto Felicia, “Fare thee well!”

Good job Felicia, you finally get it.

I see you’ve gotten so riled up that your replies have degraded to a grade-school combination of “I know you are but what am I?” and “La-La-La-La-I’m not listening to you! I’m right and you’re wrong! La-La-La-La-La”

Calm yourself a bit, you’re looking a little silly here.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Says someone who took things out of context because this someone cannot be bothered to actually read the “whole” thread. Bye.

I see you’ve gotten so riled up that your replies have degraded to a grade-school combination of “I know you are but what am I?” and “La-La-La-La-I’m not listening to you! I’m right and you’re wrong! La-La-La-La-La”

Nothing wrong feeding a Troll named Felicia.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Turk.5460

You should probably bow out, you’ve lost and are just losing what little face you may have here. Seriously? You’re calling someone a troll because you can’t accept defeat? A little more of this and I can justify adding your replies to the [Salt Factory] thread we have going on our server’s WvW forums. xD

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

You should probably bow out, you’ve lost and are just losing what little face you may have here. Seriously? You’re calling someone a troll because you can’t accept defeat? A little more of this and I can justify adding your replies to the [Salt Factory] thread we have going on our server’s WvW forums. xD

Defeat? I’m practically standing 3ft in front of you with a pistol on my face, you pulled the trigger and missed the point. You call that a victory? Then you go on blaming the recoil of your pistol because it’s too hard to comprehend something so easy yet you’ve missed.

The difference on the topic you’re arguing about is, you’re all about shooting that pistol, while my argument is about dodging the bullet.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You know the argument has overspent its welcome when you start RPing

Fishsticks

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

I’m a WvWer and finding P/P has it’s uses. Usually run S/D and Sb but it doesn’t always have the dps I need to chew through some of the tankier builds. It is especially hard on certain flavors of Guardian as it overwhelms their defenses. Usually pair it with Thieves guild for even more DPS, which is especially lulzy if Improvisation procs keep resetting Theives Guild. It’s rare but I’ve had 5-6 thieves out before in an1v1.

Doesn’t work against the best players who will out-mobilty you on pistols, but has a place. Can also be fun in blob fights for sniping low heath targets and downs.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

It is stylish as hell and that alone wins for my choice. Who cares about winning when you roleplay as akimbo jesus and max payne?

Though I use them in WvW blobs to kite and burst singled out enemy.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

I’m really hoping that the Deadeye elite spec has a minor or major trait that “Increases the Range of Projectiles by +300.”

This could bring P/P up to 1,200 range and would help a lot with the “spacing” and defensive concerns.

There is also some speculation that we will be getting a “single” dodge, but that its very potent at re-positioning. If true, that would really boost up the “gunslinger” style to hopefully have good synergy with the “Sniper” style we’re most certainly getting.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Good secondary weapon but still too inflexible for primary. The flaws are all still there.

Limited defense and that requires taking Bound. Only weapon set that is single target in the entire game. Reflect, projectile defenses, etc are rampant. Anemic auto-attack.

Now condi builds can make use of the weaponset but Unload typically isn’t used.

Anemic because it causes your target to bleed?

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I’ve essentially played nothing but P/P thief since the game launched (with a 1.5 year break that I’m returning from). I’ve played it when it was terrible, when it was meh and when it was slightly less meh (now, apparently). I’m terrible at WvW. I freely admit this. But I still have fun in WvW with P/P. I die less than you’d think I would.

I’ve often wondered if the key to the P/P thief is to simply think of it as part of a group, rather than an individual. In the same way that a machine gunner works in a squad. It can lay down damage, but it’s not very mobile and requires support. I’ve always wanted to see a Guard + 3 P/P Thieves + Mesmer run around for small gang action. I think the general opinion of P/P thieves would change then.

I also think that because the general meta doesn’t account for P/P thieves, few people really know how to work effectively with them.

Finally, after just starting to play again, I’ve used a build that invest heavily in life stealing/HP return. Reflects hit me, but they seem to do far less damage. Yesterday, I could see that I was getting shots reflected, but on a whim, I just kept blazing. You know what? He went down. He couldn’t keep it up as long as I could. Not sure why, but I was surprised.

Anyway, P/P for life, yo. Still, it could be better. I kind of like the idea of dealing with it as a two-handed weapon. I use 1/2/3 almost exclusively.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

I’m hoping to no end that the leaked elite spec buffs twin pistols as well. I want a dodge that’s like the death blossom skill but with guns and spinning upside down and hitting everything around you.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

too much of DH in D3

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’ve always wanted to see a Guard + 3 P/P Thieves + Mesmer run around for small gang action. I think the general opinion of P/P thieves would change then.

In any given 5 man team, it’s more efficient to just has 3 Guards and 2 Mez, no need for Thieves. The main reason is, Thief has a very small range of options when it comes to group play — they take but never give. They are good with Guard and Mez, but are the Guard and Mez good with Thief? The benefit is not mutual.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’ve always wanted to see a Guard + 3 P/P Thieves + Mesmer run around for small gang action. I think the general opinion of P/P thieves would change then.

In any given 5 man team, it’s more efficient to just has 3 Guards and 2 Mez, no need for Thieves. The main reason is, Thief has a very small range of options when it comes to group play — they take but never give. They are good with Guard and Mez, but are the Guard and Mez good with Thief? The benefit is not mutual.

For PvP sure but small-scale WvW this isn’t always true.

Thieves are cannibalistic but also gain immense synergy within themselves. The mesmer has enough stealth and defenses to keep up no problem. The guard can be an issue.

But that also depends on the guard. My old group used to run a mean hammer/GS CC-locking guard in WvW that would combo stealth from GS leap through BP’s smoke field for stealth to disengage as well during cooldowns, or one thief in shortbow in the other in D/P could blast smoke fields for everyone. The whole group could strike and disengage all together.

So while one thief may not contribute much to synergy in an sPvP encounter, its utility can be bounced around via multiple thieves and exacerbated in WvW small-scale; everyone just needs to play like thieves to benefit.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

My interest in that particular group type isn’t focused on what’s best overall. Just at what would be “cool” for P/P thieves. Having someone to help keep you alive and someone to help you overcome logistical problems and add group stealth, plus the delicious burst of three thieves just sounds like fun. It goes with my general thought that maybe p/p thief should be thought of as machine gunners in real combat.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

My interest in that particular group type isn’t focused on what’s best overall. Just at what would be “cool” for P/P thieves. Having someone to help keep you alive and someone to help you overcome logistical problems and add group stealth, plus the delicious burst of three thieves just sounds like fun. It goes with my general thought that maybe p/p thief should be thought of as machine gunners in real combat.

The best partner to watch your back is Druid. Their zone control and heals are just too good to pass up.

Pistol/Pistol new meta?

in Thief

Turk.5460

You know the argument has overspent its welcome when you start RPing

Trudat.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-