Playing the Daredevil as a coward

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

So, I just wonder besides the balls-deep action packed full frontal assault melee massacre, the devs are trying to sell us, what possibilities are there to break the spec in ways, the devs never imagined?

The main idea here is to use the dodge abilities for something other than full contact fighting.
As for the traits, lotus training lends itself to P/D condi builds, but that’s already pretty much a full contact fighting style due to the need for landing CnD.

But I digress. The real killers are obviously unhindered combatant and bounding dodger.
An offhand pistol with bounding dodger will allow the thief to enter stealth at will for a measly 6 initiative. Talk about a bargain. Especially sets like P/P will have a whole new play style to explore. Instead of having to spam unload, the P/P user will be able to use sneak attack instead, which significantly boosts damage and utility. That 100% projectile finisher sure seems juicy, when there’s a smoke field on the ground.
The offhand pistol thing might also come into play with S/P builds, but that’s more of a brawling/bursting centered approach, which is in line with the intended design.

Unhindered combatant. Well, for starters, it sounds nice for P/P, but somehow bounding dodger seems to offer a bit more. Maybe there will be a definitive winner, maybe it will come down to preference, who knows?

Now here’s the real kicker. Imagine a ninja nurse with one of those two traits. Removing conditions, gaining swiftness and displacing yourself, while you are almost permanently invisible and have all the sustain of a maxed out shadow arts line to start with? Who is supposed to kill you under these circumstances?
The same goes for bounding dodger. It’s an easy way to enter stealth. Between the two, I think, I prefer unhindered combatant as you can troll endlessly while stealthed, whereas bounding dodger kind of allows you to get into stealth, but then you can’t dodge anymore or you get revealed.

Anyone can think of any other unintended builds, that turn the daredevil into a total wuss?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I like the honesty of that title lol.

I think you already found the solution. If you want to a full on Daredevil-Pediatrician Build you could probably run SA/DA/ACRO with Unhindered combatant.

You certainly will never hurt anyone, but certainly won’t die either. Condition cleansing and movement speed to the max. lol Have fun.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

1)find target
2)shadow refuge
3)shadow step up to target
4)Hook strike
5)/Laugh