Please, fix stealth!

Please, fix stealth!

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

If a player don’t know how to use stealth to get out of combat then that’s their problem if you are speced for stealth its a get out of combat free card that just about no one can do anything about it.

About reveal (again people need to learn the class) if you attack as stealth naturally breaks no debuff try it. Wait for 0 or count it down in your head the timing is not that hard.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Please, fix stealth!

in Thief

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

Still waiting on somebody to come up with a better argument than “That’s just how it works, deal with it.”

As it stands, nobody’s been able to refute the stance I took in my OP.

Please, fix stealth!

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I agree that stealth’s interaction with channeled, targeted abilities seems inconsistant with the way channelled abilities behave without a target. I’ve also observed bouncing abilities to “seek” stealthed entities, which again seems a little off to me.

Should people who actively spam the general area have the ability to hit a stealther? absolutely. if you’ve noticed I move to the left after stealthing and line up an attack to that position and hit me, you deserve that hit for playing well, and I deserve to take it for being predictable.

However the idea of stealth is to remove the enemy’s ability to know with certainty where you are. In fact, from the enemy’s perspective that is literally all it ever does. Traited bonuses to stealth aside, the core function of stealth is the become invisible. The core function of becoming invisible is that people don’t know for certain where you are Channelled strikes and bounces seeking stealthed targets allow people to know with certainty where you are and for this reason I’ll agree that stealth seems broken in this regard.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Please, fix stealth!

in Thief

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

Update of this issue (for me):

I was PvPing in the Mists with a friend. Whenever we played on different teams, he usually managed to kill me. This was partially because he could see me while I was in stealth. He could also still hit me with all of his attacks.

Whether stealth is supposed to dodge or not, that was incredibly frustrating (although he thought it was hilarious).

Also in the Mists, I discovered that the necro downed ability to siphon an enemy’s life will still seek and take effect on a thief in stealth.

Third, it has been argued if stealth is supposed to act as a dodge or not. I have noticed that in PvE, it will. If an ettin is about to use one of their aoe club smash moves, I can pop stealth and it will miss me. However, in PvP, the guardian aoe moves will not miss me. I do not know if stealth works this way by design or if that is simply a glitch, but it’s worth noting regardless.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

Please, fix stealth!

in Thief

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Stealth has a multitudes of issues in PvP:

- Stealth does not stop channeled abilities or abilities already in progress and on many occasions you will keep being hit while in stealth.

- Pets, phantasms, etc. all seem to have an extreme sense of smell because they don’t care if you are in stealth.

- Server lag or game engine might be causing redraw lag, on many occasions you will start getting hit by a hidden Thief still in stealth.