Pocket Raptors

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

I am a thief, can solo a bunch of bosses, yet still die to pocket raptors. My ranger friend can easily beat them. Does anyone else have this problem?

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

No, I don’t. Running bound dd with staff, full zerker.

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Your build needs a little AoE or evade action when delving in to pocket raptor territory. What build are you running?

If it’s D/D PvE standard, simply use deathblossom as if you were a condi build against them. They have very little HP, and the combination of evades and damage will put them down quickly despite the low base damage of deathblossom.

If you’re running any sort of */P use black powder and cleave or shoot them all down.

P/P will give you the most trouble so… swap to shortbow or whatever melee set to deal with them like you would for any aoe encounter.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

SB was enough for me, but the buggers are quite difficult for the class. I’d recommend trying S/P as well due to the cleave and evades.

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Thank you. I use shortbow, though.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Thank you. I use shortbow, though.

I mean reading this thread it seems I’m the only one who just runs past them, and I don’t even use shortbow in PvE on my daredevil. But that’s all you need. Trick shot will wittle a few down as they are the very definition of glasscannon. Throw some clusterbombs in there and be sure to evade to the opposite side of the pack when they close in. If you really want to, dagger storm will produce numbers everywhere >:D

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Pocket raptors are OP by definition

what did you expect

they’re POCKET RAPTORS

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

I am a thief, can solo a bunch of bosses, yet still die to pocket raptors. My ranger friend can easily beat them. Does anyone else have this problem?

your a tiny hp class(along with ele and guardian) your defense = a bunch of dodges and evades and stealth. no durability in combat.

pocket raptors rip theives apart. unless u go in with a plan.

for me. dagger/dagger. spam the 3 skill(which no one ever seems to use) to evade and spread some dmg out. then dodge as int recovers, and repeat. it works well

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

If you got lotus dodge, dodge spam to inflict as much condi as possible. They’ll eventually get you and down you, but at least one of them will fold from the condis to revive you.

Bound dodger, stomp them all.

Dash, well… just run away, at least you can.

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

3xVault + 2xBound = squished raptors

The real tricky part is getting them close enough together for the AoE and for that you’ll need a lamb to sacrifice for the wolves, meaning Ambush (trap).

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My Revenant aoe 1hit kills them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

My Revenant aoe 1hit kills them.

….. •hammer 5, hammer 2, Jade Wind (AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA), sword 3• my go to on a large pack

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Vaulting twice kills ~80% of the group.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Clusterbomb mate.

EDIT:
Ofcourse, move and dodge every once in a while (when appropriate)

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Pocket Raptors

in Thief

Posted by: Leticron.7945

Leticron.7945

I usually play with dash, not bound and still Vault is enough. Use 1 Autoattack after Vault to dish out a bit of additional dmg.
Died horribly the first few times i’ve met them. Since understanding how they work (they run at you & attack, run/stand still and attack again etc.) they’re no big deal.